You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• threads merged  please keep to one thread per issue.   dx  
    • read it proprly.. it doesn't say WILL anything and original creditors don't do court as they don't want the judge delving into their business model nor the bad publicity.   as for the FOS you just have to let it run. yours is a very short time since yo put it into them typically it always takes 6-9mts normally before they move on anything though they usually send you an ACK they have the complaint.        
    • Since the last post on this thread I have sent a complaint to the FOS but have not heard anything from them as yet either, I'm guessing they're rather snowed under and on reduced staff so no real surprise.   Still had nothing approaching help from lending stream but today they emailed me default notices for the loans, again demanding I phone them and pay up in full or they will begin court proceedings.   Any advice as to how I should proceed please?
    • Hi,   I received two PCNs in October 2019 from Havering Council. All the below applies to both PCNs, as the correspondences were at the same time:   Fast forward to February 2020, I file witness statements on grounds that I made representations within 28 days but did not receive a rejection notice.   The TEC cancelled charges.   Havering write to me asking for supporting evidence of representations that I made.   I email them screenshots with timestamps of the representations.   In early March Havering reply to me by email 'confirming receipt of email and both cases are now on hold pending an investigation. Please allow time for a full response to be sent.'   Fast forward to 18th June Havering write to me the attached:  Havering Charge Certificate.pdf   Now, it seems as though the sender of this letter is not up to date with both cases and is unaware of the TEC's decisions, as well as the email correspondence.   My questions are, 1) What should I do next? and 2) Is there a way to use their misstep to avoid paying for the PCN entirely?   Thank you.
    • New app launched by Veteran owned UK     READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-app-launched-by-veteran-owned-uk
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
craigbenham

kitchen delivered does not match the design??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3977 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i purchased a kitchen a couple of months ago for me to fit at my home, spent a lot of money on it and am taking my time to do it properly. i have now come to the worktop which was very expensive (most expensive item of the whole thing) and arranged for a fitter to come in to help with this. as soon as the fitter saw what was supplied and the plans he said "that won't fit".

it will require patching in a piece of worktop where the materials are short, in a way that the instructions say you are not allowed to do. this kitchen was designed by the company (instore), using their cupboards, their appliances and their work tops. it is going into an open plan space (which was originally the dining area and is empty bar 1 pipe running down the wall)

This worktop will require 3 joins (2 were expected) and when we read the instructions it states clearly that cutouts (the holes for the appliances) have to be at least 100mm away from joints these at the moment are 55mm. also that this piece that was missing should not be patched in (even though this materials boasts NEAR invisible joints) both of these things would void the warranty according to the instructions

first of all the manager came out said he agreed it could not be done and would speak to the designer about it being changed at their cost for granite. then returned with the designer who tried everything to get out of switching for granite (the fitter told me the designer would stand to lose his commission on this if it was). they went away and many phone calls followed, the designer contacted the manufacturer and they said they would guarantee the worktops, when i spoke to them and explained the exact dimensions (not what the designer assumed would be) they said they could cover the extra joint, but that the design was not right as the breakfast bar in it is not supported, but with the cut-out we would have to move appliances to reach the required distance, this means moving them further away from the edge and in the case it is the hobs so it will be twice as far from the front of the worktops as is expected and implied in all pictures (and standard i am told by the fitter)

my fitter is telling me that what they are asking is not right, the joint is a bad idea and that hobs should be 50mm from the front this will probably have to be doubled to achieve the distance needed. and that the breakfast bar will be a problem as there is no support and something would have to be built to support this

i was told by the designer that we had to send our fitter home, their fitter would come out and fit the worktop. but this will either require him bodging this and breaking the fitting instructions from the manufacturer or moving the item around rather than putting them where they were designed to be.

I am paying on finance and put 100 pounds on credit card.

My question is : are they allowed to make me move things around to places they are not on the design and which will make the kitchen less practical and more awkward. also should i allow them to stick in an extra piece of worktop?

there was an offer to replace this with granite earlier by the manager before he spoke to the designer, should he have to stand by this (personally i would rather the worktop we picked but have been told it is impossible to manufacture the required piece)?

I can't answer your question. But, could you tell us whether the design created for your kitchen is infeasible given the dimensions of your kitchen. Or is it just that it's impossible to implement the previous design given the materials that have been supplied.

The manufacturer gave his warranty for good reason, and although they now say they will guarantee the join, do you really want all the hassle that will be associated with repairs if it should fail.

I think you should now demand the marble be supplied and the fitting by the shop where you bought given free plus some compensation for the joiner you hired who will not now be doing the work.

What top are we talking? Obviously not granite, so I assume some sort of corian or maybe wood? Was a template needed at some point?

One of the main points here is who was doing the fitting and who is the kitchen company?

I ask because the majority of kitchen companies state that their designs are subject to a pre-fit survey which needs to check measurements etc before the fit begins. If you buy it all from the one shop, furniture and fitting then no problem, they are liable for it all. If you are buying all the furniture and fitting separately then it can make identifying liability hard. Often it will come down to the fitter.

Also, if the design was always going to mean that you were short on the materials and if it had been done properly then you'd have needed more top, then it is difficult to see where the loss is and therefore where the claim might be, you'd have needed to buy more in the first place.

If this was the case however you might wangle a claim for a day of the fitters time, but not much more.