• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Problem with blackhorse motorbike loan

bartonski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i took out a rider loan with blackhorse a few months ago through a honda dealership. I chose a bike, signed the loan papers, but a couple of days later i found out it would cost too much to insure. So i went back to the dealership and explained that i wanted to cancel that policy and take out a new one for a smaller bike. There was a problem at first in that blackhorse had already payed out the money to the dealership but it could be fixed and i was told the money would be sent back. I signed the papers for the new bike that day.

Everything was good until i had the wrong amount debited by blackhorse the following month. On asking blackhorse said they didnt know anything about my new bike and thought still had the old one. i cancelled the direct debit and phoneed the dealer. That was last month and since then i have had alot of calls from black horse trying to find out why i cancelled the direct debit even though i had explained it several times. I have called the dealership several times also as blackhorse will not call them.

basically i cant make them speak to each other and in the meantime i am getting charges for a loan i should not have. My credit rating is also taking a bashing. Everytime i call the dealer i am told that it will be sorted out straight away and that i dont need to do anything. I kind of believed them and thats why i have left it for so long. So... i just need to know, how do i get my credit rating fixed after this and am i legally obliged to pay the charges for non payment. Also, i have a bike which basically has not been paid for as there is no loan for that bike. a bit of a strange situation.

ps...since then i have sold the new bike as i could not afford to keep it! the log book was in my name so i did have a right to sell it. so now i dont really know whats going on. if they dont have the papers for the new bike then the dealer ship transfered ownership to me for free and i sold it on. does that mean i have to pay them back, or hopefully does it mean i had a free bike!>?

• 2 months later...

Hi, i took out a rider loan from blackhorse 5 months ago directly from a motorcycle dealer. I choose the motorcycle, and stupidly signed the papers without checking the insurance costs. When i did i had a shock as it was way too expensive. I rang the dealer who said the money had already been transferred from blackhorse to the dealership for the bike so it might be too late. There was a chance to reverse the situation as i had found another bike that was cheaper from that same dealer. The problem was fixed a few days later and i signed the papers for another bike. I was told that the other agreement had been cancelled and that was that!

But...a month later the wrong amoount was debited from my account for the first bike. I cancelled my direct debit and notified the dealer and blackhorse that there was a problem. Eve since then i have spoken to both companies trying to sort out the mess but each time either side justs blames the other company for the mistake saying that i must get them to call up and fix the problem! Blackhorse wont ring the dealer and the dealer says that everything is ok from their side. Infact ive rung them so much the dealer is not returning my calls. My credit rating has been effected as i have had 4 missed payments and nobody seems to be doing anything.

Blackhorse dont know about the new bike and they will keep apply charges to my loan and they will keep on screwing up my credit rating until the dealer gives them their money back. I dont have the bike anymore as i became unemployed shortly after buying it. Does anyone know where i stand on this?

• 2 months later...

still need help with this one. Had to sign new agreement as blackhorse would not accept old ones from honda when they got their arses back on track. Ive just noticed that the new agreement i have signed is for a hire purchase loan.. The old one was for a rider loan. the difference being is that i cannot sell the bike under the new agreement. I sold the bike under the old loan which was legal so i really dont understand how i have a hire purcahse loan now when i dont have the goods anymore! i should have noticed this bfore i signed..its saturday now so i will call them on monday. Just wanted some advice as what to say or do as i dont want to be billed for the whole amount. thanks in advance

robert

• 6 months later...

Hi, it would be a great help if anyone could advise me on what to do. I took out a rider loan on a motorbike March last year. After alot of thinking i decided to go for a cheaper option and cancelled the contract before i had recieved the bike. The dealer said it was ok to do but i would have to pay a charge.

everything was great until i was debited by blackhorse for the first bike i had chosen. After making millions of calls to both parties to sort out the mess i decided to cancel the direct debit. Blackhorse were not willing to contact the dealer directly and the dealer for some reason did not want to do anything about it.

after three months i was out of work and needed money to pay rent etc.. i had to sell the bike and was intitled to do so under my rider loan contract. my name was still registered to a different bike as far as blackhorse was concerned. A couple of months later the dealer contacted me with a new set of papers to sign. i told them i had sold the bike and i signed the papers thinking this would be the end of the problems.

Moving on a few months to last week. i was having difficulty keeping up repayments. I was told by blackhorse that they would have to reposess the bike if i failed to make the payments. This was a shock to me as i initially had a rider loan agreement which meant the bike was actually mine to sell. The dealer for some reason had given me a hire purchase agreement to sign which i wasnt told about and i actually didnt notice it at all. Infact i didnt have the bike when i signed the new agreement which i guess means the dealer sold a bit of paper to blackhorse for 8k which blackhorse has been hiring out to me for the past year.

So where does this leave me? should the dealer give back the money to blackhorse and try to recover the full amount from me? If there was no bike to begin with how can a hire purchase loan be valid on thin air? Are the delaers allowed to change the type of contract without telling me.. anyone know what the hell to do as blackhorse or the dealer dont!