• Tweets

• Good luck to you and the family, London. I hope you've had some good advice from the local public health people.
    • Hi everyone, hope all ok here.    I have just received a letter from a debt collection agency asking me to pay a debt owed to British gas.    Upon checking my credit scores, i can see this debt shows up as settled and closed in 2016. Started in Dec 2015 and closed in July 2016 with £0 balance.    I have no recollection of owing anything to British Gas. It's a very small amount (around £40) but it has been bugging me.    Any idea if i should be paying this company?    Thanks for all your helps in advance. 
    • The company is called Ideal Window Solutions Below is a response from the manager to a request to cancel, them having cancelled the fitting on at least four occasions. In June it was arranged they would start at the beginning of August and each date they promised they have cancelled. .  I have been informed by the office that you said you want to now cancel after telling me that you will see it through till October. If you do cancel, as I mentioned to you, there will be financial penalties due to the fact that you have signed an official, legally bounding contract to supply and fit new windows. I mentioned to you that the glass has already been delivered and all other costs associated to putting your contract in place. If you cancel we will be looking to recover this from you. I don’t want this this to happen over a couple of days, which is out of our control. Can you please reconsider and get back to me.
    • Meanwhile Drakeford gone into full control freak mode,  on Wales Firebreak banning sales of all non essential goods whatever he means by that   https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/fire-break-ban-supermarkets-like-19141351   Can't see how he can ban online sales but he will try.
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Help wanted Marbles.com

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3431 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

postage stamp

use the pdf method

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

ok herew is full update and an SOS for Letter to send to Capquest.

ok account was on hold until following letter arrived which included copies of letter from post 9 and 10

http://img192.imageshack.us/i/capquestlettergmarch201.jpg/

then I recive the following

http://img683.imageshack.us/i/21stapr.jpg/

followed by the next threat taking me to court LBA

http://img19.imageshack.us/i/13thmaymarbles.jpg/

and today i receive a notification of statatory demand need a letter to counter with as the copy of letter sent from marbles is older than my last corespondence from them thanks

http://img19.imageshack.us/i/13thmaymarbles.jpg/

Hi Gaza,

Well they really are getting desperate aren't they? First threatening a CCJ and then threatening a Stat Demand. Just so you don't panic too much, Capquest are renowned for doing this to scare you into paying, then not following through.

The way this account has been (mis) managed is horrendous. Shambolic.

You really need to get your teeth into it once and for all, to sort it out.

A couple of questions before we sort a letter out:

Did you get a response from the FOS? If not, why not and if so, what was it?

Did you send a Subject Access Request to the original company? I suspect not as it's not been mentioned since.

Thing is, if you want to put this to bed, YOU MUST SAR THEM.

Please, please send a SAR to BOTH the original company AND Marbles. It will cost you £10 each, unfortunately, but you urgently need this information. Do it ASAP. There's a link to the SAR template letter in my blog linked below.

You should also report this bunch to the OFT for using multiple unsubstantiated legal threats as a debt collection tool. Bankruptcy threats for just over a grand on a long term disputed debt with an admission of no CCA. Preposterous! We'll help you with that letter too. I think they fall foul of CPUTR too, in making threats they cannot legally fulfil.

I'll be back when you've answered the questions,

again, don't panic, they're just trying it on, but nonetheless need their @sses kicking once and for all.

Elsa x

• Confused 1

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .

In fact there's a thread started by Silverfox collating Crapquest Stat Demand attempts. Take a look. I've reciprocated the link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?306742-Capquest-and-Statutory-Demands

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Thanks for linking Elsa.

I have subbed to this thread so that when (if) CQ do issue the SD, I can then add it to my list

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

thanks for looking here are answers to questions.

1. no answer from FOS

2. was addvised against need to sar companies as they stat no CCA HELD will now if need to, and do i send one to hfc and another to marbles(avimore finance Halifax)

3. should i send cca request to capquest or wait.

4 have recontacted oft this morning about harrasment and have been given email to respond too, told they are building file on capquest thanks all

follow post 71

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:-) Thanks Dx

I don't see the need to send another CCA Request to Crapquest...the original one is still in default. This lot just keep calling a spade a trowel in the hope that eventually you'll buy it.

I'd send them something on the lines of:

Re Account Number

Dear Sirs,

I note that you have, within two weeks of each other, issued both a Letter Before Action re a County Court Claim and a notice that you intend to issue a Statutory Demand in respect of the above account.

In all honesty I am appalled at the way this matter has been conducted throughout, since the assignment of the debt from HFC.

Up to that point I had a satisfactory repayment arrangement, sans interest, which I kept to and as a result the debt was reducing. However there were unfair charges on that account and possibly missold PPI which together with interest will largely negate this debt.

Upon assignment to Marbles, a catalogue of errors ensued, included loss of payments, refusal to honour my earlier repayment plan, reintroduction of interest and charges, and obfuscation whenever I tried to obtain precise details of payments and the accurate balance owed.

For this reason I submitted a request for a copy of the original agreement under Section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, as I had no way of knowing whether the terms of the agreement were being adhered to and the correct interest rates applied.

All I received in response was a reconstruction of Marbles current terms and conditions and a brief statement of account.

As I'm sure you will be aware (certainly a judge would) this does not, despite Marbles' assertions, comprise a satisfactory response to my request. Before you quote Carey at me, I will do so first and point out that where an agreement has been varied then a copy of the ORIGINAL agreement, terms and conditions must also be supplied.

Bearing in mind that the original agreement referenced above was with HFC Bank, I hardly see how a generic current Marbles reconstruction would bear any resemblance.

I would remind you also that Marbles have confirmed in writing that they are unable to locate a copy of the original agreement.

Bearing the above in mind, I find your threats of legal action and assertions of what will happen once you obtain judgement to be unfounded threats calculated to harrass and bully me into making payments under duress. I refer you to the requirements of CPUTR 2008 in this respect.

Certainly, I am aware that the OFT is actively monitoring the indiscriminate use of Statutory Demands as debt collection tools, and I am currently in communication with them in respect of this matter.

Should you proceed with your threat to issue a Statutory Demand on this disputed debt, it will be strongly contested and an application made for it to be set aside. At this point you will be required to produce all the vital documentation which has so far so consistently been withheld from me. I will also be eligible to claim for costs against you.

I therefore respectfully suggest that you refer back to your clients for a review of the way this account has/will be handled.

Can others please check this...any suggestions for edits/additions welcome.

Once it's OK'd, send it recorded to Capquest.

And send those SARS :razz:

Elsa x