You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mini mee

welsh water and bryan carter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3909 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

have been in dispute with welsh water for past year regarding debt my ex husband ran up. he failed to pay for 3 years between 2004-7 and the account was in my name. they didn,t inform me though until end of 2007. i paid 07-08 in full. i then received a letter from them telling me that i owed for before 2001 but they couldn't provide me with a copy of the bills as they are archived. this has all now passed to westcot who are constantly writing to me. i have acnowledged i owe for the 3 yrs my husband didn,t pay but am refusing to pay for the years that they can,t provide proof for. i have also made a fair offer of £ 10 per month to repay but they are agitating for more and now threatening court. where do i stand?

what does "bump" mean?

received letter today from BC threatenin court if i dont pay debt of £1900 in full in 7 days. whilst i acknowledge approx £700 of this and have done so to welsh water and fredrickson int i will not pay for something i,m not even sure i owe. w. water say they cant provide copies of the bills before 2002 as they dont keep them so how do i know that my former husband didn't pay them? any advice greatly appreciated.

Send uncle Bryan the 'prove it' letter; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Depending on your circumstances some water companies have a charitable trust which may be able to help with utility debts;

Welsh Water/Dwr Cymru

Telephone: 0800 052 0145

"Customer Assistance Fund" You must be referred by a money adviser and complete an application form. After you have made payments for 6 months, the fund pays half your water arrears. After another 6 months' payments the rest of the arrears will be paid.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Furthermore if this refers to debts older than 6yrs, then it may be statute barred

thankyou both. i do know that 2 years were not paid ie 2002-4 and i acknowledged that as i didn't know my ex had not paid them but as i have been paying water bill continuously since can it still be statute barred? i haven't paid any arrears tho as they got stroppy and said they would refer it to dca if didn't pay in full which they did!

Who's name were the water bills in originally? Because if it was your husband's you can't be held responsible anyway.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

just to keep you informed. had letter from BC saying they were not going to take it any further and were referring it back to welsh water. have not heard anything from them! result maybe?

have not heard anything from them! result maybe?
Fingers crossed. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]