No Money, no way of Paying what can I do? PPI issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am new to this, so if I make a mistake … well you know the rest.

I am with the Nat West Bank and in December 2006 I took out a Nat West loan to sort out my then debts and was working, earning quite well (for where I live).

Last October 2008 I received a letter from them saying that I was behind with my payments, and at that time I was out of work.

I contacted them to sort out the insurance claim but they kindly informed me that I was unable to claim because the say ‘because I was out of work due to stress!’

From then I have had problems getting work and as such fell behind further and further. I was managing to make some payments on a fairly regular basis.

I also have an agreed overdraft of about £3500.00

Today I received a letter saying that they are now instigating a default and are going to take action to recover the debt. I argued about the PPI and they have kindly told me that they are going to refund £900 and put it towards the loan. This still leaves me with about £1500 behind, and this is what they want me to pay. As I have no savings (with an overdraft how could I?) and being on Job Seekers Allowance of £64.30 per week they have decided to close my account and all of my other accounts and recover what I owe.

They bounced a direct debit for a day and they charged me £38 direct bouncing plus another £28 which they don’t seem to be able to explain. I believe there are other charges but I am not sure what they are and I am in quite a state as I need my account to live with.

What they are going to do is to close ALL of my accounts and leave me with no way of living.

They are going to take £110 interest in one lump sum which is half a month’s income for me right now, leaving me with a total of about £130 to live on for a month, and then do it all again next month.

I have a mortgage which is less than I get right now but they are helping me.

HELP!!!!!

H Lindy, Welcome to CAG. :)

As this is largely to do with PPI, I will move your thread to that particular forum.:)

First of all a couple of questions, do you have any of the paperwork in respect of the loan. In particular the terms and conditions for the policy?

If so, could you have a look and see if there is an exclusion as they imply.

I will have a couple of people who are more experienced with PPI issues than myself to have a look at your thread. I am sure someone will be able to help you. :)

You are not alone unfortunately in having a bank dishonour a PPI claim for "weasel exclusions" as Paul Sims of the Daily Mail reports.. see following link.

Banks wriggling out of paying payment protection insurance (PPI) claims | This is Money

You may have to copy and paste the link into your browser.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hiya Lindy,

Right i have been directed here by the lovely CitizenB so lets see what we can do.

Now £900 seems short.

Firstly we need the loan agreements I can help you with the calculations do you have the agreements if you do can you use Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket to scan and post them up on here removing personal data of course.

If you do not have them you need to send off a subject access request to get them i will post a link below just copy and paste that into word and edit to suit your needs.

Getting this info will put your in a better position to fight these people the S.A.R will cost you £10 this is a statutory fee for them to search there records.

Request this will also be putting your account in dispute and while that is the case they can do nothing.

I would also be seriously thinking about transferring all payments that go into this account to another so they cannot take your benefits.

Your address

Their Address

Date

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Your name: xxxxxx

Account No/ No’s

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regard to personal loan accounts And or credit cards

Please supply me with a complete list of transaction and charges relating to my history with your organization, INCLUDING Loans and or credit cards, payment protection insurance and other products. Alternatively a complete set of statements for the accounts or associated accounts is acceptable. I would be grateful if you would provide the following for ALL accounts or associated accounts I have held with your organization:

-Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organization, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

- A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Loan Accounts and or credit card with your organization.

-Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

-Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

- Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

-Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

I enclose a cheque in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.

IF YOU UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCECTION.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Yours faithfully

Your name

Sign your signature and put a line through it so you will know if you see it again:o You never know

They have 40days to comply under the Data Protection Act, but do be nice and allow some time for postage. Which should always be by recorded delivery, so you can prove that they did receive it.

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Right to get bank charges back send this first:

Letter to Get charges refunded back if you are on Benifits

Your Name and address

Date

Banks NAME AND ADDRESS

Dear sir/Madam

Penalty and unfair charges –

Request for a refund For (your name ,sort code and account number)

I am writing to get my bank charges refunded. The social security act1992 states that banks cannot take charges from benefits a person needs to live on. I have been on benefits since Insert date benefits were first paid.

Therefore. I am looking for all my charges to be refunded back on my account as not one charge should have been administered.

Please refund all charges applied to my account within the next 7 days. I reserve the right to commence further my grievance on to the Financeal onbusmen service without any further notice, and to seek an additional award for distress and inconvenience, together with legal expenses.

Yours faithfully

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.