credit rating + partner at same address?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could somebody please clarify whether it is 'me' that has the bad credit rating (defaults) or also the address I live at?

Also does this mean my partner will have problems opening new bank account for him?

House mortgage is my name alone as are all accounts with exception of one (food account basically) bank which has joint name (Nationwide flexacc) and he puts some money into it each month - then our own separate accounts running off that main account eg his savings and isas.

Background; Partner has savings and wants to 'move' it to new account with new banks. The banks have told him they will need to do credit checks for him to open account (!!) I have debts which he does not know too much about as we have always kept finances separate. (except the Nationwide basic account).

Is he going to have problems now because of me?

Hi willtheywontthey,

You are the one with the defaults sadly although your address will be marked too. If you have an association with anyone living at the same address I believe that they will be affected by your defaults too. I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

Ben1305

My opinions are my own and not those of anyone else :D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< If you find me helpful please click on my scales

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/211007-equifax-your-time-has.html

SIGN THE PETITION TO STOP CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES RECORDING DATA WHEN NO CREDIT AGREEMENT EXISTS - SEE FORUM POST

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ml#post2370021

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Experian, Credit Expert is the online version to view your file online.

Experian are the main agency followed by Equifax and Callcredit. Ultimately it is experian who are the pain in the arse as most of the time the other two tend to abide by guidelines.

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

• 2 weeks later...

they have sent me a 2 page 'application form' with extra questions - eg

signature

title

full forename

middle name

surname

dob

tel no (!!!)

email address (!!!)

other names I am known as

Current address

previous addresses (last 6 years)

Am I or have I beenn employed by Equifax or any subsidiaries - + details

Am I or have I been a Director or Sec. of a Company - + details

Am I or have I been sole trader - + details

Have I made a complaint against Equifax - details etc

If I think they hold emails that contains personal data relating to me give details.

They say also they cannot process request unless I sign it (letter was signed with snazzy CAG safe secure signature)

They cannot process request without proof of ID - eg passport or drivinf licence and eg utility bill

They will carry out security check on my application (!!??)

I thought that the SAR letter should do the trick - ok they might ask for ID - should they ask for this extra information or not?

Should they ask for signature if on letter?

Do I have to fill in their form?

Wuld appreciate feedback on what to do next...... I thought I did not have to sign anythign - ok perhaps ID but two forms?? Email ??? etc??

thanks

xxxxx

thanks - my problem is that I am unclear on precisely what they are allowed to ask for since my SAR request and what they should not have asked.

I guess I do not have to fill in a special form whatever it might consist of but whate else in the above list from them do I have the right to refuse. Once I know this I can a. write back to them and b. complain to ICO (I am almost on first name terms with ICO anyhow)....

The only information that they are entitled to is that which proves who you are and that you live at that address.

The details they are asking below have no bearing on anything;

tel no (!!!)

email address (!!!)

other names I am known as

Am I or have I been employed by Equifax or any subsidiaries - + details

Am I or have I been a Director or Sec. of a Company - + details

Am I or have I been sole trader - + details

Have I made a complaint against Equifax - details etc

If I think they hold emails that contains personal data relating to me give details.

Have you had a credit report from them recently? If so the following ICO guidelines apply too;

Data Protection Act Good Practice Notes:

2. Do you have enough information to be sure of the requester’s identity?

Often you will have no reason to doubt a person’s identity. For example, if a person with whom you have regular contact sends a letter from their known address it may be safe to assume that they are who they say they are.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/checklist_for_handling_requests_for_personal_information.pdf

In that case they've got no excuse not to send the information to your address, after all they are data controllers all they have to do is check their own data to see you are who you say you are and that you live where you say you do. :rolleyes:

Make a complaint to those I mentioned above.

Thanks. My only query I suppose is whether I need to prove my ID as I have not have any dealings with this CRA as far as I know but using the SAR to check. Am I right to believe that they can ask and expect me to send ID?

I will be complaining - 'won' my first 5 complaints which made me feel good but otherwise the ICO ruling did nothing really to assist. One of the 'wins' was that an OC should not have asked for my signature when they'd already received it. Thta did take over a year. Helps with DCAs I've found when I say ICO is investigating or have found OC 'guilty' etc.

Any rules on the DPA 'requirement' relating to what they can ask for from us when we ask them for a SAR?

ON another issue once they are found to have breached the DPA all they are required to do is to rectify. Is there nothing outside the court system whereby we can 'eliminate' data processed in the time slot the OC / DCA were 'guilty' of not providing a SAR??

• 2 weeks later...

ok - latest information:

even though I have given them details of name and address this is not 'sufficient' to allow them to complete my SAR because they 'have not received confirmation of my date of birth or the verification docs. reqested within the form'.

They go on to say that Section 7 (3) od the DPA says that the data controller is 'not obliged to comply with a request under this section unless he is supplied with such information as he may reasonably require in order to satisfy himself as to the identitiy of the person making the request and to locate the information which that person requires'.

They then say I should return the required info. to them at my earliest convenience... etc etc and that fax or e-mail is ok.

So despite my giving them information relating to all advice given in previous replies in this thread they still are being insistent - would appreciate further guidance?