You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• But they still can send a claim form to your old Address. You won’t even know about it either, therefore won’t be able to defend The next thing you know is when you are turned down for credit and find a fresh, shiny CCJ on your file.   The answer is to let them know your current address via post. That way , if they are stupid enough to try any action, they won’t have a snowballs chance in hell of winning. You have the ultimate defence! It’s statute barred.
    • Also, I should point out that you will win anyway – but you are making it much more complicated than it needs to be. If you simply raise the question of your statutory rights and his breach of obligation then the judge will give you a judgement in your favour within five minutes. Because you have raised pretty well every other issue bar that, the judge will have to consider the entire aspect of the defects and whether they do amount to a substantial breach of contract and whether they could have been repairable et cetera et cetera et cetera. Although you will eventually win, it means that the judge may have a complicated issue to decide and of course it will simply prolong the agony. Simply raising the fact that the dealer refused to comply with your assertion of your right to reject will bring the entire case shuddering to a halt in your favour and the judge doesn't need to listen to any other arguments. He simply needs to see your letter of rejection.
    • capquest cant send a CCJ anywhere...    
    • Jet2 need to give you the hotel you are being rebooked to. A change from "your previous hotel" to "no hotel" (as things currently stand)  is significant enough imho to ask for a full refund.   @monyl I think the problem is different here, since the holiday wasn't cancelled due to lockdown. On the opposite Jet2 are trying to do their utmost to not cancel the holiday, and find an alternative accommodation for the OP so they can get away with not having to provide a refund. To devil's advocate for a minute, I don't want to defend their business practice but I must say I understand that they're trying their utmost to avoid losing even more cash than they already have. They'll have to provide something that's "significantly" similar to what the OP requested though, to stand a chance to legally do so.    
    • What stage is your claim at now ?  You submitted it in Oct 19 ...has it been allocated yet ? Andy
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
racmac

T Mobile and default for £10.00

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3974 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone

I have been applying for a mortgage and been credit checked - it was refused so i obtained a copy of my experian report. It shows that T Mobile have placed a default on my account for the sake of £10.00.

About 18 months ago my contract was coming to an end and i received some texts that were not requested and not authorised - it was a fraudulent Co that had got hold of my details. I contacted T Mobile and told them i was not paying and that this money had been obtained fraudulently - i had lots and lots of conversations with them and all they would do was tell me to contact the Co and take it up with them.

Of course this Co wouldnt even speak to me let alone refund the money.

I received a letter from a debt collector but didnt keep a copy - i phoned them and told them to take me to Court because i wasnt paying it. I never heard anything else.

I have just written to them to ask them to remove it but what should i do if they refuse. I cant believe that they have buggered up my credit rating for a tenner. Im so cross.

Any ideas anyone - Im prepared to take it to Court if need be but need some help as to what to do next

Thanks

Racmac

T-Mobile complaints procedure:

Step 1. Put your complaint in writing and send it to the following T-Mobile address:

The Customer Resolutions Team

T-Mobile (UK) Limited

6 Camberwell Way

Sunderland

Tyne and Wear

SR3 3XN

The letter must include:

A) Your name

B) Your address

C) Your T-Mobile account number and /or mobile telephone number

D) Details of your complaint

E) Your resolution requirements

F) A daytime contact telephone number

Step 2. T-Mobile will acknowledge receipt within 3 working days of receiving your letter.

Step 3. T-Mobile will provide a full written response to your complaint within 14 days of receipt of your letter.

Subject to point 4 below, the complaints procedure will be at an end.

Step 4. If the letter from T-Mobile makes an offer of settlement, or it includes a proposal to resolve your complaint,

you must respond to it in writing within 14 days of its issue, again addressed to The Customer Resolutions Team.

Step 5. If you do not respond to the letter from T-Mobile within 14 days of its issue, the complaints procedure shall

be at an end. If you respond by accepting the offer of settlement or proposal to resolve the complaint, T-Mobile

shall within 7 days of receipt of your letter either:

Reply to your letter acknowledging your rejection, upon which the complaints procedure shall be at an end, or;

Reply to your letter putting forward new proposals in respect to which the provisions of points 4 onwards

above shall apply.

You may also obtain independent advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau, Consumer Advice Centre, Trading

Standards Departments or other telecoms user organisations recognised by the Secretary of State. Whilst we are

happy to work together with any of the above independent organisations, if you decide you need their help to

resolve your complaint, we would always recommend that you contact us first as most problems can be resolved

quickly this way.

If after discussion with T-Mobile you are still unhappy with any aspects of our services, we have established, in

consultation with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, a straightforward and convenient procedure for

independent, dispute resolution. This process may be used where we are unable to resolve your complaint after a

period of 12 weeks from the date of your initial complaint has passed or if we write to you at any time informing you

that we cannot resolve the complaint.

If the amount you are claiming does not exceed £5,000, subject to consent by T-Mobile, you have the right to put

the dispute to this adjudication process.

Details of how to apply to the T-Mobile adjudication services can be obtained by writing to the legal department at:

T-Mobile (UK) Limited

Hatfield Business Park

Hatfield

Hertfordshire

AL10 9BW

Or by email to arbitration.scheme@t-mobile.co.uk

Alternatively, you can obtain further information directly from CISAS by writing to them at:

CISAS

C/o Dispute Resolution Services

The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators

12 Bloomsbury Square

London, WC1A 2LP

Telephone: 0207 421 7432

Or by email to kkorubo@arbitrators.org or to mekpenyong@arbitrators.org

This is T-Mobiles complaints procedure taken from their code of practice.

You are going to have a battle I feel. Typical mobile companies argument is "this is a true reflection of how your account was run, and you accepted that we could record the information in our terms and conditions" so you need to make sure that they understand you are prepaired to go as far as court, and you didn't owe the £10. You should also make sure that you mention that they are breaking OFT debt collection guidelines requesting money whilst it is in dispute.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Did you dispute it in writing???

My opinions are my own and not those of anyone else :D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< If you find me helpful please click on my scales

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/211007-equifax-your-time-has.html

SIGN THE PETITION TO STOP CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES RECORDING DATA WHEN NO CREDIT AGREEMENT EXISTS - SEE FORUM POST

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ml#post2370021

Im pretty sure i did - but i cant find copies of the letters which is really strange - i keep everything!

Will have good search

Send Tmobile An Sar For Copies

Ok will do that - but i suspect they will just tell me that i have to pay - its not their fault etc etc.

I dont really care about the money i just want the default gone. What do you reckon my chances are? Should i phone and beg or write - I havent sent them a letter yet?

Always send your complaint in writing. You may want to actually go into the post ofice and ask for a free proof of postage.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Locutus

Off Topic I Know But

Love Howard And So True Ref Hbos

:confused:

As you have written a complaint and not had resolution for over 12 weeks, you could escalate that complaint to

CISAS

C/o Dispute Resolution Services

The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators

12 Bloomsbury Square

London, WC1A 2LP

But you wil need as much information of your original complaint as possible (include copies of letters if you can)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Realistically, even if you paid up - the defualt will still show on your file just shown as 'satisfied' until the 6 years are up. You also fell into the trap beloved of debt collectors...

'Take me to court' was an oft stated challenge - but if you give them the right to modify your credit file, they don;t need to - they cna give you a hard time and have their actions unckecked or verified by a court. You will always be disadvantages - and since the debt will be sold on to eager companes willing totake a chance that they will make you pay, there's never any need to take you to court. They network mght get 50% of its debt cleared, and brand you as a defaulter. They're quite happy with that.

Unless you're able to identify an error in their amout or proceedures, you'll be stuck with it.

probably a bit off topic

ive just ended a 3 year contact with tmobile

2x18mths

ive noticed theyve been charging me 3 quid a month for paying by internet banking.

18mths £54

ive not had final bill yet should be no more than 25

their t/c state that a handling charge is only applicable if not paid by internet banking or by credit card.

ive pulled p/ments history every p/ment states credit card

i dont have one.

customer services have admitted that their t/c may be confusing and apologised by e-mail with a name on it and offered mr my previous number foc.

i want my money back

false accounting springs to mind

any advice please.

sorry if ive posted on wrong thread

You should create your own thread. It makes it easier for people to find information. The complaints information is as I posted at the top of this thread and will probably be your best course, but I believe you need to pay in advance of your bill being due to qualify for not having to pay the processing fee.

Create your own thread, and keep us updated. If you need help writing a complaint letter, ask in your own thread and people will help :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

You are due a refund of the charges. Ask for it, in WRITING. It is not 'false accounting' so that is a non starter. Whoever flagged the inbound payments did so incorrectly. It didn't matter previously, only when they magnanimously decided NOT to charge those who paid by DD AND BACS (PC Banking). To make the charge stick, you would have to prove something other than incompetence, and this will be impossible to achieve.

Ask for the credit to be applied to your last account, with a small amount to cover your lostt due to their error. If this results in a final credit balance to you of under £25, you will have to formally ask for this to be repaid as it usually sits there as a credit on your account.

UPDATE

T Mobile have removed by default - it certainly pays to keep harassing them with letters!

Congrats :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar