work focussed interviews

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm new to this site but have been browsing a while and learnt a lot. I understand the need for work focussed interviews but have concerns for my friend who has recieved an appointment.

They sent them previously and then cancelled them stating over the phone it was obvious she would not be able to work, but every now and again they re arrive and she gets so stressed.

She has mental health problems and cant guarantee even getting through the door of her house let alone job centre. She cant even remember going into her own garden without the fear, any advice appreciated.

I have read some mixed views on this topic some less sympathetic to people with similar needs, but need some official lines on the subject if possible.

I need to reassure her.

Edited by Fruitpastilles
spelling

You are not required to attend a WFI if:

• you are aged 60 or over.
  • you are about to start work
  • you are working 16 hours or more a week
  • you are placed in the employment and support allowance support group
  • you are claiming IS/IB and are exempt from the personal capability assessment (PCA)

What law you need to look at depends what benefit she is claiming. Is it Incapacity Benefit, Income Support (lone parent), Income Support (incapacity) or Employment and Support Allowance?

Edited by ErikaPNP

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Yes buy whaf if you`re a new claimant and whether physically or mentally you just can`t go. what would be the alternative DLA do home visits so why not ESA?

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)

WFI's can be done at home in certain circumstances, you will need to contact the Personal Advisor at the Jobcentre. Also Atos Origin, who do the WCA (Work Capability Assesment) and the WFHRA (Work Focused Health Related Assessment) will also do home visits.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

Hi ya Fruit,

Try going to direct.gov and follow the links on the site to all the info you need.

www.direct.gov.uk

Work focused interviews

In the first seven months of your incapacity benefits claim, you will usually be invited to six work focused interviews. The amount of your benefit might be reduced if you do not attend and take part in the interviews.

Your interviews will be with a personal adviser who will:

• help you to remain focused on your ability to work
  • discuss work opportunities with you
  • help you identify suitable goals for work - with consideration to your health condition or disability
  • explain the support that may be available to address key health and non-health related obstacles
  • tell you about any financial benefits you may be entitled to once you start

Hope this helps

Baz

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!