pb v mbna ppi etc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have been reading threads and hope somone may be able to guide my action, have had 2 lots of holding letters from mbna regarding claims.latest was to give respons by 11 august, not to long away. im sure this will refute liability, what do i do next - go straight to fos??

might be an idea to post up the claim letters you have sent so far and their rebuffs

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx, was a claim i originally started in 2006, they paid part of charges claim, but as the courts then started to refuse claim for charges i put file away.

In october 2008, i revisited the files as i had learned more about the charges being refunded through local courts and wrote to mbna with another dsar request.

In november they sent me a copy of a signed application form. have not verified if legal or not.

on 13th june 2009 i wrote claiming back ppi and tagged onto same letter the revised claim for credit card charges.

response from mbna june 17th, "we are investigating your response and will respond by july 10th",

letter from mbna july 14th "sorry for delay investigations taking longer than anticipated we isuue response by 11th august".

letter from mbna july 20th stating account in arrears, contact tel no.

letter 15th july from global vantage pressing for payment,

i responded 24th july,

wrote letter to global services, but had no address on the letter other than india. so sent it c/o mbna, widnes which is the adress that they said payments should be made to. telling them to stop action and refer back to mbna.

letter from mbna 30th july same as letter 20th june in arrears etc.

letter from global vantage 1st august pressing for payment same format as previous month.

wrote to mbna 5th august, questioning the debt, as i have claims and have letters from gail powell v/presi. delaying response to my request for repayment, telling them of their obligations and asking that they cease to act in this manner as my current claims against them are in excess of £18000 and far more than is owed on the card.

woud like to post up letters, but im not too good with computers and your site layout is a bit overwhelming and i dont know how to use the things to make it work.

hope this brief resume, will at least give layout to present situation.PPI claim(Est £14000+)CCcharges £803+debited int££2779.23+SI.

pb

im sorry, hope this is more intelligable,think i was in too much of a hurry-

Edited by pawnbrokers
i hope this is now readable

corr please...

use the edit button on that msg and put some line breaks in

ta

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

+

thanks thats a lot better.

this is nothing untypical of MBNA [see the MBNA forum]

you ideally need to get a final reponse out of them before going to the FOS.

maybe your laterest letter might bear fruit.

£18k! blimey that one big policy....sure that claim figure is correct?

dx

and they

dix - this mbna card has always been in the thousands, my mrs is a high earner(or was) so not unusual, it goes back 10 years at least, and my understanding is that it must be repaid from beginning, my schedule of charges submitted to them totals £3700 from 01, debited int is £6800, stat int is £2800, thats not from its starting point - so yes big sums and the cards only got £7000 on it so im keen to get something back.

i dont want my agreement to be unenforceable -they might tell me to f o. and of course c.card charges will be up in the £4000 so im now saying no payments - you owe me - pb

god i'd love to be a fly on the wall when they are forced to cough up.

go for it!

dx

and they