You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Ok thanks guys for all the help & advice I think I will go the DRO option but will open a new bank account somewhere else first etc.  The only other things im little worried about is reading on the DRO it says about I wont be able to apply for credit but what about things like my car insurance as thats classed as credit paying it monthly Plus they say i must not have assets or car worth over £1,000 so what about things like my car worth around 2.5k and as said before when my father passed away he left me his camper that I cant part with its worth about 4k and what about things in house and jewellery etc ?? Can they come to house and check and so on
    • threads merged  please keep to one thread per issue.   dx  
    • read it proprly.. it doesn't say WILL anything and original creditors don't do court as they don't want the judge delving into their business model nor the bad publicity.   as for the FOS you just have to let it run. yours is a very short time since yo put it into them typically it always takes 6-9mts normally before they move on anything though they usually send you an ACK they have the complaint.        
    • Since the last post on this thread I have sent a complaint to the FOS but have not heard anything from them as yet either, I'm guessing they're rather snowed under and on reduced staff so no real surprise.   Still had nothing approaching help from lending stream but today they emailed me default notices for the loans, again demanding I phone them and pay up in full or they will begin court proceedings.   Any advice as to how I should proceed please?
    • Hi,   I received two PCNs in October 2019 from Havering Council. All the below applies to both PCNs, as the correspondences were at the same time:   Fast forward to February 2020, I file witness statements on grounds that I made representations within 28 days but did not receive a rejection notice.   The TEC cancelled charges.   Havering write to me asking for supporting evidence of representations that I made.   I email them screenshots with timestamps of the representations.   In early March Havering reply to me by email 'confirming receipt of email and both cases are now on hold pending an investigation. Please allow time for a full response to be sent.'   Fast forward to 18th June Havering write to me the attached:  Havering Charge Certificate.pdf   Now, it seems as though the sender of this letter is not up to date with both cases and is unaware of the TEC's decisions, as well as the email correspondence.   My questions are, 1) What should I do next? and 2) Is there a way to use their misstep to avoid paying for the PCN entirely?   Thank you.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3978 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

have been reading threads and hope somone may be able to guide my action, have had 2 lots of holding letters from mbna regarding claims.latest was to give respons by 11 august, not to long away. im sure this will refute liability, what do i do next - go straight to fos??

might be an idea to post up the claim letters you have sent so far and their rebuffs

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

dx tks for quick response will try to upload as much as poss tomorrow-pb

dx, was a claim i originally started in 2006, they paid part of charges claim, but as the courts then started to refuse claim for charges i put file away.

In october 2008, i revisited the files as i had learned more about the charges being refunded through local courts and wrote to mbna with another dsar request.

In november they sent me a copy of a signed application form. have not verified if legal or not.

on 13th june 2009 i wrote claiming back ppi and tagged onto same letter the revised claim for credit card charges.

response from mbna june 17th, "we are investigating your response and will respond by july 10th",

letter from mbna july 14th "sorry for delay investigations taking longer than anticipated we isuue response by 11th august".

letter from mbna july 20th stating account in arrears, contact tel no.

letter 15th july from global vantage pressing for payment,

i responded 24th july,

wrote letter to global services, but had no address on the letter other than india. so sent it c/o mbna, widnes which is the adress that they said payments should be made to. telling them to stop action and refer back to mbna.

letter from mbna 30th july same as letter 20th june in arrears etc.

letter from global vantage 1st august pressing for payment same format as previous month.

wrote to mbna 5th august, questioning the debt, as i have claims and have letters from gail powell v/presi. delaying response to my request for repayment, telling them of their obligations and asking that they cease to act in this manner as my current claims against them are in excess of £18000 and far more than is owed on the card.

woud like to post up letters, but im not too good with computers and your site layout is a bit overwhelming and i dont know how to use the things to make it work.

hope this brief resume, will at least give layout to present situation.PPI claim(Est £14000+)CCcharges £803+debited int££2779.23+SI.

pb

im sorry, hope this is more intelligable,think i was in too much of a hurry-

Edited by pawnbrokers
i hope this is now readable

corr please...

use the edit button on that msg and put some line breaks in

ta

dx

dix - i edited and hopefully made more sense of what im doing, but no response - await your remarks- thanks pb

+

thanks thats a lot better.

this is nothing untypical of MBNA [see the MBNA forum]

you ideally need to get a final reponse out of them before going to the FOS.

maybe your laterest letter might bear fruit.

£18k! blimey that one big policy....sure that claim figure is correct?

dx

dix - this mbna card has always been in the thousands, my mrs is a high earner(or was) so not unusual, it goes back 10 years at least, and my understanding is that it must be repaid from beginning, my schedule of charges submitted to them totals £3700 from 01, debited int is £6800, stat int is £2800, thats not from its starting point - so yes big sums and the cards only got £7000 on it so im keen to get something back.

i dont want my agreement to be unenforceable -they might tell me to f o. and of course c.card charges will be up in the £4000 so im now saying no payments - you owe me - pb

god i'd love to be a fly on the wall when they are forced to cough up.

go for it!

dx