A small victory

seanamarts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter has been charged every month for the past 4 months for being overdrawn.. it was them that was making her overdrawn in the first place by taking their charges. A DD had come out early due to the bank holiday and as she is on benefits and they pay on time regardless it made her overdrawn by 2 pounds which in turn they charged her £30. It became a snow ball effect. So I got her to write out the letter posted in here for people on benefits who are charged etc, she took it to her bank and said she was going to sit there with her 15 month old baby until she had some conformation that her money was going to be refunded back into her account as they were taking food from her baby not to mention nappies etc.

They wernt going to refund it as first but they read the letter went off for a few minutes then came back and told her that the money would be refunded with in 7 days.... she has this in writing... so a small result.. just thought that I would let people know ... thanks Consumer forums :) It may have only been £120.00 but every little helps when you are on a low income struggling.

This is fantastic!!!!!! :D

welldone.gif

And good for your daughter, not letting them dismiss her. I take it these were her first charges?

I personally would love you to say no to that. ;)

Edited by sea-sidelady

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

They do tend to be more lenient with first time charges, but it is very rare they will do the same again. :(

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

They do tend to be more lenient with first time charges, but it is very rare they will do the same again. :(

I think circumstances would have been taken into account plus treating customers fairly principles.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

What on earth makes you think that?

I read post 1(sorry I didn't have any hard and fast other "worldly" reason).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I think circumstances would have been taken into account plus treating customers fairly principles.

Can't agree with that one, may be the case, but I would very much doubt it.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Can't agree with that one, may be the case, but I would very much doubt it.

No, isn't it me disagreeing with you :p