Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • ok again thanks for all advice , im going to continue and struggle on paying the wifes debts and maybe look at getting reduced payments but as for mine i think ill go down the DRO route and try get it sorted but will see and open new bank account somewhere first
    • Nothing to do with your own Bank.     Try to withdraw the money from Parentpay early next week and if no joy contact them.   It may be that the money is showing, but has not fully cleared on their system,
    • Hi all,   Just an update with contractual terms. These terms are from a contract at a similar time to when Tracey started as we think they have changed since.   The contract reads as follows:   Termination of employment  Xxxxxxx (Nursery) will provide written notice of termination of your employment in accordance with statutory requirement (currently 1 week’s notice for each year of continuous service, up to a maximum 12 week’s notice).   Once you have successfully completed your probationary period for the company you are required to give 1 month’s written notice of termination of employment.   Regards   Matt             
    • Thanks for helping with the post;   Still waiting for a reply from the DPD.
    • I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Ebay problems.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3983 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi all I would appreciate some advice on what to do about ebay after they suspended my account ill paste everything below on the email conversation ive been having with them:


1st email: from me

If you check the paypal history and contact the buyer of the

iphone you will see the item did not sell through ebay!

Paypal witheld the funds and was unwilling to send £280 worth of goods

without getting paid for them, so i contacted the buyer and we agreed a

refund after paypal refused to release the funds.

The item then sold on Leicester Gumtree at another date.

I recieved no money from ebay for my item as it did not sell due to

paypal refusing to give me the money.

all this can be checked by contacting the buyer of the item and checking

paypals records.


Their 1st reply:


Hello Warren,

Thank you for your email. I understand that you are concerned about the

fees charged for your iphone that did not sell. I am happy to assist you

further with this.

Warren, please note that as you have not completed the transaction, you

are eligible for the Final Value Fee credit. For this, you need to open

an unpaid item case in My eBay. So, please do not worry about it.

Please go through the following steps in order to get the Final Value

Fee credit:

1. In order to open a case, go to My eBay > Account > Resolution Centre.

If you face any problems whilst receiving your Final Value Fee credit

then please write back to us with the confirmation so that we can

further look into the matter.

2. You can open an unpaid item case 7 days after the listing has ended.

(You don't have to wait 7 days if you and the buyer have agreed to

withdraw from the purchase, or the buyer is no longer a registered

member.) You must do this within 45 days.

3. You can close the case after the buyer has responded at least once.

4. If the buyer doesn't respond, you can close the case after seven days

of filing it.

5. If you don't close the case within 60 days of the end of the listing,

it will be closed automatically without a credit.

Opening a case triggers an email to the buyer to ask them to pay for the

item, send us proof they've already paid, or communicate directly with

you. Alternatively, if you've agreed to cancel the transaction, the

email asks the buyer to confirm this is the case.


My Reply:



Ebay wont let me as the account is blocked.


Their final reply:


Thanks for your email. I understand your concern in regard to the

suspension on your account.

I appreciate the opportunity to assist you as quickly as possible.

On reviewing your account, I found that it was suspended and we have

referred your details to a debt collection agency because we didn't

receive payment for your eBay fees. Your account has been outsourced to

the following collection agency:-

IJ UK 0870 010 3022

As your account has been outsourced to a collection agency, there are

some collection charges added to your payment amount. Please contact the

agency directly to make the payment.

Should have any difficulties contacting the agency, please let us know

by sending us an email at the following address:


If you have already made a payment to the agency, please be aware that

it may take up to 10 days for this to be shown on your eBay account.

Once your payment has cleared, we will reinstate your account if

non-payment was the only reason for the suspension of your account.

Even though your account is suspended, you can still view your account

status page by following these steps:

1. Click "Site Map" at the top of the eBay homepage.

2. Click "View Your Account Status" under "Selling" and sign in.

3. Click "Continue" when a message appears telling you that your account

is suspended.

The next page will display your account status. To view a previous

invoice, select it from the drop down menu.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. I hope that this

information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any further




They are just not listening to what im telling them and they have no sent my account to a debt collector dispite a billion emails to them.


Can anyone give me some advice on how to sort this mess.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Warren--Although there are a number of experienced posters here with good knowledge of ebay,it will probably pay you to post this on the forums on ebay at


eBay Forums: Community Question and Answer Board


The poster 'Bella' is the paypal expert there and should be able to help you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi Warren--Although there are a number of experienced posters here with good knowledge of ebay,it will probably pay you to post this on the forums on ebay at


eBay Forums: Community Question and Answer Board


The poster 'Bella' is the paypal expert there and should be able to help you.


Hi thanks for that, i tried to post a message but it wont let me as im suspended. Seems to me like im blocked from resolving anything until i pay money i dont owe :(

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could use a friend's ebay ID to post there on their PC or use a friend's or a public computer to set up a new account and then post.


I'd post your question on there for you but wouldn't have the time to post your replies to the inevitable questions that you would have to answer so going down to your local library or nearest Internet cafe is the best way to go.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


The only way is to pay the fees to the dca and then file dispute for none payment and or the buyer did not want the item through ebay, then they will credit that money back. thats the only way.


You can phone ebay direct 0208 080 2105


Hope this helps.

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...