quick question about RTA 1991!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know that all PCN issued after April 08 have to conform to a certain standard etc. I know that if the PCN was issued with even the wrong colour then it can be appealed. (is that correct?)

Now does this apply to PCNs issued before April 08 as well?? If the colour was stated wrong, then is this enough for grounds of appeal?

AFAIK The colour of the car being wrong does not in itself constitute an automatic win on appeal. The colour is not a required item on the PCN although presumably it adds to the supporting evidence of it being the correct car on the PCN, but some councils do seem to accept it as an appeal item which I guess you can just take is given under their "discretionary" policy.

My local authority used to void all PCNs where the colour was obviously wrong - a red car described as black for example. But if it was logged as silver and the reg docs say it is grey, they would refuse appeals if this was the sole basis of the appeal.