You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

harryo

License application after a ban over 20 years ago

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3990 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

After searching the internet , i cannot find anybody who is in a similar situation to me :eek:

I got banned for a drink driving offence over 20 years ago & i never re-applied for my license back as i was in my late teens at the time & was young & foolish, but after applying for a driving license after all this time, i still have to pay the £90 license fee, due to the drink driving offence over 20 years ago & i am now waiting for the dvla to send me details to go for a medical because of that one offence that happened over 20 years ago :confused:

Surely the dvla should have some time scale of some sort in situations like this?

Yes drink driving is totally wrong & as ive stated, i was young & foolish but after about 21 or 22 years, i find it quite remarkable that i still have to pay the £90 enhanced license fee & also i will have to pay around another £100 for the medical that the dvla are sending me for. I have contacted & spoke to the people at the dvla dirctly but all i get from them is that it is because it was a drink driving offence & although it was over 20 years ago that does not matter.

If this had happened 3 month ago or even 3 years ago then yes, i can understand it, but when it happend over 20 years ago i find it quite surprising!

I honestly would have thought that after such a long time, it would simply be a case of applying for a new license but this is definately not the case as im finding out very slowly.

Is there anybody else that is in the same situation as me, or, that have gone through this, after a ban over such a long time ago?

Any help, advise or suggestion would be great.

cheers

h

They would assume your requirement for a licence had ended as you did not seek reinstatement after the ban expired. Since you didn;t reapply, there was no licence to keep you on their files, and I'd be really surprised if they held any information on you after so long a time.

It would also be reasonable, after that length of time off road, a driving test and a few lessons would be good practice to bring you up to speed on the changes taken place since 1989!