You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• The assets are allegedly linked to more than $4.5bn stolen from the Malaysian state investment fund. View the full article
    • I have debts of my own and will sort another advice separate for them as now I’m not working and a full time carer for wife & daughter I’m struggling to pay them so will want advice on letters to send them for reduced payments etc But for now I need to know what to do about PayPal as its really making me worry and is making me ill but ive got to try be strong and put on brave face for wife & daughter I dont want them picking up on something is wrong & worrying me
    • Help & Advice wanted on PayPal debt please I had someone staying with me for a while before they moved away and they had access to my PayPal account and was buying a few things and giving me the money no problem but then unknown to me until it was to late they had a gambling problem also and last off used my PayPal to fund online gambling . They ended up using £5,000 through PayPal and the first I knew was when I went to do some online banking and seen £1200 went out of my bank for PayPal so I looked straightaway and stopped / cancelled my bank letting PayPal take from my account . Then I logged on to PayPal and seen transactions 1 after another this going to total the £5,000 so I unlinked my bank & cards from PayPal account . Then nearly 2 weeks after I started getting emails and messages saying my account was in negative balance for £3,800 because they already had the £1200 . I’m in a bit of debt anyway and struggling so for this to happen left me feeling very ill to find they have spent thousands and left me without anything no money to live on or feed family even at the time as that £1200 that was took out of my account was all I had, I’m very annoyed and feeling very mad and very ill. Ive no idea how I can put this right as got no work no money because My wife got struck down with illness and disabled and I also have special needs daughter so I’m now a full time carer for both wife and daughter . I need to sort this but dont know how or best way to go about it. Ive had emails from PayPal and ive replied and explained plus went on live chat etc and asked for it to be logged and for them to please come to some payment agreement even though I cant afford it I know I got to put things right somehow but had no joy in chat and was just told pay into PayPal what I owe. So again I get emails and I reply but not getting any reply back to my emails . Ive not told my ill disabled wife about this right now as it would push her over the top and make her more ill thinking about it and its her Nephew to top things off so I know it would destroy her . Ive tried talking to someone with PayPal in live chat etc and emails as said asked if it can be logged showing ive been in touch regarding this matter and need to try sort it and also asked for them to contact me in writing so hopefully we can come to some sort of agreement to put this right but so far its been about 31 days now since account been in negative and ive had no phone calls or letters from them yet So what can I do and whats best way to deal with this I’m trying to pursue the person for these funds as we speak but know I’m not going to get anywhere
    • The US House Speaker said the law was a "brutal, sweeping crackdown" against Hong Kong's people. View the full article
    • i have create your own thread (this one) please post here now   tell us your story      
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
khan12

Wheel Clamped for Parking on private land for less than 60 seconds

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3980 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, i need some advise and my blood is still boiling when i was given a fine of £ 120 for leaving my car for less than 60 seconds on a private land.

I was looking for an address in Hemel Hempstead and when i put in my sattellite navigation, it gave me the name of the main road. I turned from teh main road as i wanted to ask someone about the address i was looking. I saw a security guard in a nearby building, just about 30 yard away and went to ask the direction. When i turned back i as a car parked near my car and i walked fast and saw a man clamping my front wheel. I told him that i am here and i just went to the building to ask about direction. He ignored what i was saying and then locked my car. I told him several times that my intention was not to leave my car but i was lost and was looking for an address and that it took less than 60 seconds to return to my car.

I was surparised how quickly they noticed me leaving my car and then rushed to start clamping my car. I am sure they were already in their car in the car park.

They said that its a private land and you are not allowed to park here. I told them that i was not parking here but was looking for an address. They threatened me that they will tow away my care after 30 minutes if i did not pay £ 120 cash and then i have to pay £ 250 for release. They did not listen to my plea and went away. I gave them £ 120 cash and was feeling so humalitated. My blood is still boiling as it was so unfair as i think they did it for their little bonus from their boses.

Any advise?comments

Hello and Welcome, Khan12.

I'll move your thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Did you get a receipt?

You need to find out who the landowner is and sue them in small claims court.

Have a read of the clamping guide in the stickies section at the top of the forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, they gave me a receipt. On the receipt there is a postal address and a landline telephone number. I rung later on to complaint and the same people attended the phone (i recognised their voice). When i asked about their manager, they said he is not there and i need to ring tomorrow.

How can i sue them in small claim courts? What evidence i need to produce?

Did they have SIA badges?

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&safe=off&um=1&sa=1&q=sia+licence&btnG=Search+images&aq=f&oq=&start=0

google the SIA

go to their site

and click on

"Search our register of of licence holders"

then on the bottom right

"Begin Search"

with out them they're breaking the law

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, one guy showed me his SIA badge with his name and number on it. I searched him on the SIA site with the number he put it on the receipt, and he is a SIA licence holder.