Repossession. Very scary but unavoidable. Help & advice needed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Many thanks to Tawnyowl for helping me to post a new thread. Sorry all, but I'm a bit on the computer illiterate side, so hope that this is the right place and thing to to for my problem.

In a weeks time my mortgage company will be able to get a warrant to evict me from my house. To be quite honest I am fairly resigned to the fact and due to a lot of things that have happened it isn't necessarily going to be the worst thing when it comes to ridding yourself of a fairly useless and controlling ex! There really is little to nothing I can do to prevent the eviction so in a vain attempt to keep my sanity I am just going to have to go with the flow as they say. It is fair to say though that I am very scared about getting back on my feet, finding somewhere for me and my children to live and affording it all on a low salary. I am really looking for any advice about remaining sane, getting the right information and keeping myself out of a never ending spiral of debt should there be a mortgage shortfall. I have found a third party, similar to CAB who are willing to act on my behalf and negotiate with the mortgage company should it be necessary. I have even found myself some temporary accomodation until I can find something more permanent, but I have spoken to my local council about private renting and I just found myself becoming more and more confused about how much they would given me towards rent. I also have pets (cats) and wonder what my chances are of finding a landlord who will accept them - has anyone had experience of that kind of thing? I could go on forever at the moment with all the thoughts running round my head, but if anyone can offer anything, even if just moral support, then I would be extremely grateful.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mrs E

Don't give up. Try and look on the positives, new life, new start :)

Have you applied to the council for housing at all? I don't know how eligible you would be but if they do get the eviction warrant you will become homeless with children.

Private renting can be confusing - its Local Housing Allowance you would be entitled to, and they can pay your bond for you. I know my local council have a decent calculator showing how many bedrooms you would be entitled to, and how much the local area allowances for each size property would be.

Finding landlords who will accept kids, benefits and pets can be hard depending on what area you live in. Speak to the council again. They can help find associations and agents who can help finding suitable properties.

Whats the position with the mortgage areas then? I'm glad you have someone helping you with court and dealing with the mortgage company. I assume they have been all through your income expenditure and worked out that its just not possible to keep up payments with an additional amount to cover areas ? Have you been getting any housing benefit to help with the interest part of the mortgage ?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hello

I know tawny owl has been through a lot so I am sure she has been helpful to you.

You say you are resigned to the possession so I guess you have explored all the possible help you can get from DWP and the mortgage rescue scheme( that has helped all of 6 people!) It is always recommended to trya and sell your house yourself if you think that is possible - but if there is negative equity and the lender is not co-operative that can be diffucult.

Reference some help have you tried Shelter?

Also these sites are quite useful

www.direct.gov.uk ( money and benefits section)

www.entitledto.co.uk

Reference the shortfall - you should make sure you keep in touch with your lender and let them know where you are going. Make sure they know you will need all information about how the property is marketed and a breakdown of all the costs.

for example I have seen cases where the borrower clears and tidies up etc then the lender charges them again.Take photos of how the property is left if possible. They will have to provide all the final breakdown and then I think obtain a judgement for the final figure - but they can not make you pay what you can not afford . At this stage you may need help from National debtline who may be able to help. sometimes the lender will come to an agreement on a reduced figure in return for regular payments.

But one step at a time.

Let us know that you definitely can not fight the eviction.

Then you should get some time after the warrant to sort yourselves out.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

As a temporary measure for your pets, you will find your local blue cross or animal rescue centre to be quite helpful in finding temporary foster homes for your cats until you have your own housing situation sorted.:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you everyone for your advice/suggestions. I have tried most things so am aware of what is or isn't available. Yes Jansus, the mortgage rescue scheme has helped about 6 people! Infact, the more I look at it, the more I wonder if it has even helped that many :)) Unfortunately I fall into the 96 zillion people it can do nothing for.

Something strange has raised its head though and wonder if anyone has any ideas about it... when I went to court, my understanding after the hearing was that we had to make two months payments plus extra towards the arrears. Thereafter we had to maintain the monthly payments plus extra towards the arrears. I had a friend with me who agrees that this is what was said, plus when the hearing finished the lenders solicitor came and asked me if I needed it explained how they had worked out the payment towards the arrears. However, after speaking to my lender last week, they have said that the court said that everything had to be paid so that it was all up to date with no arrears outstanding. To say I went ape is an understatement, but they insist that this is what the court has said. How the hell can such a discrepancy occur and surely both my friend and I can't both be wrong. Also, if the judge had said that everything had to be paid then why did the solicitor for the lender ask me if I needed to know how the payment towards the arrears was worked out? I hope this makes sense, but the only thing I can think of is to phone the court on Monday and ask for some kind of explanation. Has this happened to anyone else on here? This is partly why I am resigned to the repossession because there is absolutely no chance of finding nearly 9 thousand pounds when we actually thought we we looking to pay about 4 thousand.

I am fortunate that a relative has said that we can stay with them temporarily and we can even take our pets. It isn't ideal but at least we will all be together, safe and will have time to think. I was feeling incredibly lonely, like I was the only person ever to go through this - but it is reasuring to know that some of you have been there before me and survived. Sad, but reasuring!

Many thanks to Tawnyowl for helping me to post a new thread. Sorry all, but I'm a bit on the computer illiterate side, so hope that this is the right place and thing to to for my problem.

In a weeks time my mortgage company will be able to get a warrant to evict me from my house. To be quite honest I am fairly resigned to the fact and due to a lot of things that have happened it isn't necessarily going to be the worst thing when it comes to ridding yourself of a fairly useless and controlling ex! There really is little to nothing I can do to prevent the eviction so in a vain attempt to keep my sanity I am just going to have to go with the flow as they say. It is fair to say though that I am very scared about getting back on my feet, finding somewhere for me and my children to live and affording it all on a low salary. I am really looking for any advice about remaining sane, getting the right information and keeping myself out of a never ending spiral of debt should there be a mortgage shortfall. I have found a third party, similar to CAB who are willing to act on my behalf and negotiate with the mortgage company should it be necessary. I have even found myself some temporary accomodation until I can find something more permanent, but I have spoken to my local council about private renting and I just found myself becoming more and more confused about how much they would given me towards rent. I also have pets (cats) and wonder what my chances are of finding a landlord who will accept them - has anyone had experience of that kind of thing? I could go on forever at the moment with all the thoughts running round my head, but if anyone can offer anything, even if just moral support, then I would be extremely grateful.

Hi Mrs Blackadder,going to try to break your post down a bit and try to answer a few things the best i can as i see your situation.I personally am not brilliant on computers but i can find myself round this site,probably due to the fact i came on here in a right mess and with much help from many people here, slowly i have come through it all,i think.You never know.You will find after a little time you will get as much help as you need.Right 1---I am sorry you are having a breakdown of your relationship,but you seem to be saying it isnt just money troubles that are causing this problem,as sometimes happens.You say there is little you can do to stop the eviction.Well there are some government schemes that could possibly help. I will post the details up later today,unless someone else does in the meantime.I am trying to answer your thread as i read it so please excuse me if i get things slightly off target. 2--I understand your feeling scared of getting back on your feet.but a long journey begins with a single step,and you have started the journey by coming here,as we all have.It takes some doing,so well done.3--As for somewhere to live for you and your children,something will turn up,i am sure.Whether on a low salary or not. 4-A mortgage shortfall,have a look of this it will explain a few things Debt Factsheets - Mortgage Shortfalls You have found a third party to negotiate for you similar to CAB,very good Payplan and CCCS are very helpful to.But if you find yourself needing any advice there are many people in here who are very experianced when needed. 5---You have found yourself temporary accomodation,see youve started the journey all ready.You have strength to do this,good on you. Many start their new lives this way. 6----The confusion about private renting and how much you may receive towards your housing costs try this Benefits adviser : Directgov - Do it online just try it out ,put estimated figures in if you are not sure ,it will give you some idea. 7--Pets,well some will,some wont.Personally i have had no problem.My dog is with me now,with her head resting on my foot.Took one yaer nearly but i have now got perfect accomodation.And at the moment 3 weeks,am on benefits.The landlord is great .I believe the price you pay for accomodation,there should be a end to ,no pets,no dogs,no smokers mentality.Some will disagree,but thats my view anyway.A family is a family including pets.I understand all the thoughts running round in your head,feelings,doubts,confidence shattered,but slowly things will become clearer and if you decide the way you are going is right for you,go for it.8-I hope this will help you slightly,it was a bit late when i found your thread,but will keep looking for any questions you have ,or just to help you throught this,you are not on your own now.You are amongst friends.:):) Bye for now Tawnyowl.

• Haha 2

In a weeks time my mortgage company will be able to get a warrant to evict me from my house. To be quite honest I am fairly resigned to the fact and due to a lot of things that have happened it isn't necessarily going to be the worst thing when it comes to ridding yourself of a fairly useless and controlling ex! I went through a similar experience some years ago... :( There really is little to nothing I can do to prevent the eviction so in a vain attempt to keep my sanity I am just going to have to go with the flow as they say. It is fair to say though that I am very scared about getting back on my feet, finding somewhere for me and my children to live and affording it all on a low salary. It's the start of a new life for yourself and your children and this can be quite scary because it's a huge change for you all, but try not to be afraid of that change because this time...you'll be in control of it. :) I am really looking for any advice about remaining sane, getting the right information and keeping myself out of a never ending spiral of debt should there be a mortgage shortfall. This should be the least of your priorities to be honest... you have a young family and your primary focus is to them and to yourself. I had a huge shortfall after my former home was repossessed, but made token payments until they eventually accepted a F&F settlement.... which was around 2% of the amount alleged to be owing ;) I have found a third party, similar to CAB who are willing to act on my behalf and negotiate with the mortgage company should it be necessary. If you feel better doing this, then that's fine.... but I handled mine myself and preferred to do it that way after receiving cack advice from a solicitor. I have even found myself some temporary accomodation until I can find something more permanent, but I have spoken to my local council about private renting and I just found myself becoming more and more confused about how much they would given me towards rent. This is a toughie.... and I'm not sure there is a uniform rule across councils. However, if you are staying with friends on a temporary basis first... you can apply for private rented accomodation from that address. I did this and my Housing Benefit covered the whole rent :eek:.... after I wrote and explained that I'd left an abusive relationship.... had stayed with friends and needed to have a stable base for myself and my daughter (who was 3 at the time).... and that there was no way I could afford the rent shortfall. I can't guarantee that they'll do this now and/or in your case, but it's worth a shot anyway. I also have pets (cats) and wonder what my chances are of finding a landlord who will accept them - has anyone had experience of that kind of thing? My friend rents a house privately and has 1 dog and 3 cats.... so yes, it can be done. I would suggest meeting with your prospective landlord first though, so that he can see what type of person you are rather than allowing an agency to just tell him/her that you have animals. My friend did this and it worked out very well... I could go on forever at the moment with all the thoughts running round my head, but if anyone can offer anything, even if just moral support, then I would be extremely grateful.

Hope it helps... :)

Just to give you an update on my own situation.... I took a Degree through the OU after leaving my ex... partly to keep my mind occupied, to be honest. Having passed that :D.... I am now a teacher and own my own home (by myself) once again. I can't say that it's been easy, but please don't see this as the end for you.... because it really isn't.

:)

• Haha 1

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Have you tried to sell your house to clear the debt? There are many investors (I am one) who can buy houses quickly at a discount. You have to be prepared to sell at about 75% of its market value in the current climate, but that might still be better than being repossessed. Up until recently you could also rent your property back from the investor, but due to the new heavy-handed regulations from the FSA there are only a few companies allowed to do that. I have not applied to be regulated so can no longer advise on sale and rentback.

**EDITED**

**EDITED**

Also - not all landlords refuse to accept pets. Several of our tenants have pets, we don't see any reason to forbid it.

Edited by car2403
Breaching forum rules

Very useful advice, especially about meeting with the landlord if possible to show that I'm not Waynetta Slob :D. I read somewhere that it is probably a good idea to treat it a bit like a job interview and make sure that you turn up nicely dressed and organised. It is good to hear that your friend found a landlord who didn't mind cats - does she have his phone number lol.

I was lucky enough last year to get a part time job which I love, with such supportive colleagues that at times it has been the only thing that has kept me going. Some days I cope well, others I feel suicidal and just so overwhelmed with how to sort everything out. Then just when you think you are making headway, something like the discrepancy with what I think the court said and what the mortgage company says they said happens and it just becomes another heap of poo to sort out!! Yesterday I cried all day, today just for an hour. Actually finding people this has happened to is amazing because there are no support groups out there in the real world (no-one wants to talk about it I suppose). I keep trying to remind myself that actually, sometimes in life you really do have to 'go with it' as it is the only way to move forward.

Thank you also for the advice about the mortgage shortfall. I have read that it is sometimes possible to get it written off altogether if it is small, or to keep paying just a tiny amount to at least show willing. I am also aware that it will no longer be a priority debt but I do worry that even with an agreement to pay a small amount in place they might pass it on to a debt collection agency. I have had to deal with these with regards to the ex's debts and it has been a nightmare getting them to believe that he walked out and left no forwarding address. But that's another thread for me to start lol.

Tawnyowl - bless you for putting me in the right direction. If I hadn't have found your thread about your own repossession then I would probably be under a number 27 bus by now!

Please keep any info/moral support coming, I really am so grateful. If anyone has encountered problems with discrepancies between what they think was said in court and what they are being told was said then I would love to know how you sorted it out. I am sure I am right but just feel that they will close ranks if I contact them.

**EDITED*

If you do decide to sell and rent back you have very little security of tenure and you don't have the benefit of a deposite held in an AST tenure...

Contact the court and get a copy of the judgement and what was said, they will be more than helpful and if there are any problems you can fill in an N244 and challenge them. Abbey did that to me ages ago and told me the mortgage was £300 HIGHER than the amount which they declared in court! Got sorted out quite quickly though as I had the courts advisory service to fall back on.

Edited by car2403
Editing, so it makes sense

Report me if you like. At least I am being honest about what I do, which by the way is NOT sale and rent back any longer.

The new regulations are designed to protect tenants who have sold and rented back. They have come about because of a very small number of cowboys giving the rest of us a bad name.

I am not advertising a service here. I am a property investor and landlord, but I am not here looking for business. I was here to post a suggestion which may help someone in trouble - that's all.

I'm sorry I even mentioned rentback now - it's not as if I can do them - it's just that I still think they are a good fit in some circumstances.

Edited by tembo

having never having been what you have i was not aware you did not get written confirmation of what is decided in these hearings, is that correct in all cases?

If there is a discrepancy I agree you should contact the court and explain that and ask for details of what was actually said.

• Haha 1

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Very useful advice, especially about meeting with the landlord if possible to show that I'm not Waynetta Slob :D. I read somewhere that it is probably a good idea to treat it a bit like a job interview and make sure that you turn up nicely dressed and organised. It is good to hear that your friend found a landlord who didn't mind cats - does she have his phone number lol.

I think a lot of landlords are wary about who they're going to get and to be honest, if I was renting out a property I'd be no different.... I've heard of people who've trashed places.... and the standard by which some people choose to live is quite disgusting... :-| I think my friend mentioned the cats before she took the property on and put her landlord's mind at ease, so when she went to him to talk about the dog that her ex partner no longer wanted.... he was fine with it because he'd got to know what kind of person she was, etc.

I was lucky enough last year to get a part time job which I love, with such supportive colleagues that at times it has been the only thing that has kept me going. It does stop you from festering too much on things by yourself.... and you also get other people's input, which is nice. Some days I cope well, others I feel suicidal and just so overwhelmed with how to sort everything out. One step at a time and you'll be fine... Then just when you think you are making headway, something like the discrepancy with what I think the court said and what the mortgage company says they said happens and it just becomes another heap of poo to sort out!! Yesterday I cried all day, today just for an hour. Once that side of things is sorted, it should bring you some relief in a strange kind of way.... which will allow you to focus upon starting afresh with your children.... Actually finding people this has happened to is amazing because there are no support groups out there in the real world (no-one wants to talk about it I suppose).Very true... people seem to have bucketfuls of sympathy though..... which used to drive me insane at times.... I just wanted someone to be strong for me for a while and offer some constructive advice that I could follow.... I keep trying to remind myself that actually, sometimes in life you really do have to 'go with it' as it is the only way to move forward. Yes.... it is :)

Thank you also for the advice about the mortgage shortfall. I have read that it is sometimes possible to get it written off altogether if it is small, or to keep paying just a tiny amount to at least show willing. I don't know how much your shortfall is, but mine was £52K.... which really freaked me at the time as you can imagine. However, they took £5 a month for four years and then settled for peanuts beause they got so fed up collecting such small payments.... with no hope of the situation ever improving. (That's what I kept telling them anyway.... there was no way I was going to give them any hope of getting a decent settlement....;)) Also, your ex won't be able to hide forever.... mine tried, but they found him.... lol I'd already got them to agree to chopping it down to £26K before the token payments started.... but God knows how much they tried to get from him and to be honest, I couldn't care less. I am also aware that it will no longer be a priority debt but I do worry that even with an agreement to pay a small amount in place they might pass it on to a debt collection agency. No worries there Hun... ;).... because you'll have no assets by then... so there's not much they can do to you... lol. I have had to deal with these with regards to the ex's debts and it has been a nightmare getting them to believe that he walked out and left no forwarding address. But that's another thread for me to start lol. If they're in his name only, then they're nothing to do with you.

Tawnyowl - bless you for putting me in the right direction. If I hadn't have found your thread about your own repossession then I would probably be under a number 27 bus by now!

Please keep any info/moral support coming, I really am so grateful. If anyone has encountered problems with discrepancies between what they think was said in court and what they are being told was said then I would love to know how you sorted it out. I am sure I am right but just feel that they will close ranks if I contact them.

A SAR will give you all the details you need, but this may be something you just don't have the strength to deal with right now and if it's not going to stop the repossession, I would suggest you leave it for the time being.

I rang the court today about the discrepancy. They didn't fob me off and took all the details and said that they would try to call back by 4pm today. They didn't, so will call them again in the morning. I'm not at all hopeful that they will agree with my version of events in the court room, but I don't see how 3 people could have got it wrong. I will let you know what happens and whether or not I get to stay in my house any longer.

Out of interest PriorityOne, how did 'they' trace your ex? Mine seems to have made sure that all roads lead back to me!

He won't be able to hide forever and will relax his guard eventually.... even if he's unaware of it. I'm not entirely sure how my ex was traced, but I know I was traced through DVLA records after I just left the home to be repossessed and went to live elsewhere.... I really needed to get away from the memories.....

At that point, he'd already left the house and was (unofficially) shacked up with the mother of our daughter's friend at playgroup.:mad: He thought I'd stay in it when he went.... stupid man.;)

Most men are stupid :p (My apologies to all the nice, caring and genuine men who are on here - you are excluded from my criticism. That's if you really exist :D)

Had to ring the court this morning, only to be told (as I expected really) that what the judge has put in his notes stands. I have now put my side of things in writing and asked them to please check again as I still don't see how 3 people could think one thing while he seems to think he has decided another. My faith in the English justice system hangs in the balance!

Talking before of tracking down people who owe a few pounds.Well this chap seems to be making a few bob out of doing it,may his foundations move and create a tidal wave when his swimming pool is installed,and take him on a journey to xxxx:D--business is business ok,but trading on misery,get a life,your downfall will come.Some of you may recognise which DCA he owns. Boss of a debt-chasing firm Link Financial to build £20m mansion - mirror.co.uk Sorry Mrs Blackadder got carried away for a moment.

Most men are stupid :p my wife seems to think along similar lines;)who am i to disagree,shes watching me writing at the moment.:eek:My apologies to all the nice, caring and genuine men who are on here ,thankyou apology accepted;)That's if you really exist :grin:)Last time i looked i am still here,i hope.Unless im in a parrallel world.:confused: Some may think i am allready. MMM better go just letting you know i am following your thread and hoping everything comes together for you.Will take a little time but i can feel the strength building in you.Whatever happens with the justice system i am sure some are allready thinking of possibles for you that will lead to a happy ending to your your troubles.:) PG tips time.Bye for now Tawnyowl.

Edited by tawnyowl

Wow, you are the first man I have come across who has accepted an apology graciouslly :D. Wish there was a parallel universe, you wouldn't see me for dust... (but knowing my luck at the moment it would probably be a bl**dy sight worse than this one lol).

I think your psychic powers must have let you down today because there isn't much strength building at the moment. Having dumped the third car load of my life in three days at the local tip it all became a bit much and I sat and cried. Then, something that PriorityOne mentioned came into my head which was that she was now buying her own home, and I suddenly realised that that means she must have another mortgage. Obviously these things do not last forever, and should I get the opportunity in the future then maybe I will get a chance to own my own home again. One of those daft things to think about I know, but it just made me realise that I can hopefully move on if I just give myself time.

Hope you enjoyed the PG tips. Did you make a cup for the Mrs as well? I sincerely hope you did :p Am just about to read the link you left above, it sounds interesting.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE. YOUR SUPPORT, ADVICE AND JUST 'BEING THERE' IS PROVING INVALUABLE.

An interesting read that link. I can think of a million things I could type, but frankly the man isn't worth the wear and tear on my fingers. He has only got his money because he has played on others people's misery and has employed underhand tactics in doing so. What goes around comes around, and I truly believe that at some point he will receive the proverbial kick up the backside and with any luck will end up with a debt collector chasing him. I don't suppose that he would agree with me, but one thing I have learned in the past couple of years is that material things mean naff all. They are the icing on the cake, a reward for your hard work, but they are not important. Bet he doesn't have many real friends, just a series of hangers on who are using him as much as he uses the misery of people who have hit hard times.

Good grief, don't you just feel better when you've had a good grumble and put the world to rights :lol:

Wow, you are the first man I have come across who has accepted an apology graciouslly :D. Wish there was a parallel universe, you wouldn't see me for dust... (but knowing my luck at the moment it would probably be a bl**dy sight worse than this one lol).

I think your psychic powers must have let you down today because there isn't much strength building at the moment. Having dumped the third car load of my life in three days at the local tip it all became a bit much and I sat and cried. You'll have days like that Hun and sometimes it's quite healing to let it all out.... Then, something that PriorityOne mentioned came into my head which was that she was now buying her own home, and I suddenly realised that that means she must have another mortgage. Yes, I did get another mortgage.... :) Obviously these things do not last forever, and should I get the opportunity in the future then maybe I will get a chance to own my own home again. One of those daft things to think about I know, It's not daft at all.... and shows that you're beginning to think about a new chapter in your life.... but it just made me realise that I can hopefully move on if I just give myself time.

Hope you enjoyed the PG tips. Did you make a cup for the Mrs as well? I sincerely hope you did :p Am just about to read the link you left above, it sounds interesting.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE. YOUR SUPPORT, ADVICE AND JUST 'BEING THERE' IS PROVING INVALUABLE.