Whatever happens with Ninetendo DS lite !

lee008
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Facts;

Purchased Nintendo DS Lite end of august 2006 with 3 years "Whatever Happens" :( Policy from currys while on holiday.

Received reminder that policy is up for renewal, prompted us to visit local curry's store as hinge had got accidentally broken and screen was now not working.

Helpful member of staff found original purchase on system and was organising replacement, when an unhelpfull member of staff decides to interupt and say that with a policy that old, it would not have covered accidental damage and that we would have to take it up with the branch we brought it from.

Have not phoned the branch yet but feel some guidance would be helpful

Any surgestions would be appreciated, should we go back and insist a "whatever happens" policy is what it says !

Thanks in advance

Make sure that you give them notice in writing of the problem because the next thing they will say is that the policy has expired.

Yes you should stick to your guns. Loss denial is standard procedure and Currys and their legal dept don't have a good reputation whan it comes to this kind of thing

It depends entirely upon when the policy was bought as to whether or not it covers accidental damage.

I get this at my branch all the time, alot of sales people, used to sell whateverhappens on small items under the assumption it covered the exact same stuff as whateverhappens on large items, this isn't the case as it did not used to cover accidental damage, this was a common mistake.

The "unhelpful" salesman has probably asked you to return it to the store you bought it from because he believes the policy has been missold, any misrepresented or missold sales have to be returned to the original purchase branch so the colleague who sold it has a fair chance to defend himself, or be disiplined.

Sorry but not true at all. For one, no one is going to remember 3 years ago and secondly resolving the customer should come first and foremost.

Seems that JB's requests to resolve the customer still seem to be ignored.

So tell me, under what grounds would they action a replacement/repair?

Anyone could walk into a branch and say "I was told this was covered for accidental damage". Under the paperwork the OP has in hand she isn't covered for anything other than mechanical breakdown, the OP has no proof the policy was missold. By returning to the original purchase branch they may have details on the assistant who sold it, and know if s/he's been disciplined for it before, s/he may very well be known for misselling guarantees.

• 3 weeks later...

If i may chip in, wether or not the Whatever happen was mis-sold, the customer receives a print out detailing everything he/she is covered for under the terms of the agreement, It really is up to the customer then to take some time to actually read what is written on the said sheet of A4, and the booklets the acompany it.

i do admit that there are some staff members who sell WEH with the promise that it covers the customer against everything under the sun, Just to hit strike rate.

Thats why i dont sell it...the manager is getting ****ed....ah well...