John V Natwest/ moorecroft/ Robinson way - Urgent help needed

Scouserlad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I got a story and a half and need urgent help. On the 6th July i sent a CCA request to moorecroft which they sent a letter back 5 days later with my £1 postal order attached telling me they that they are no longer managing the account and to contact natwest directly. on the same day i got the letter robinson way contacted me via phone demanding payment i told them the account was in dispute i then got a letter off robinson way dated 12/07/2009 telling me the account is on hold as they are requesting the credit agreement or statement to verify i am liable to pay the amount due. what should i do now. they have not replied since then how long before i can challange this to be removed from my credit file

Thanks John

hi John,

I wouldn't worry. It sounds like they have no cca.

personally i'd cca request robinscum way just to be on the safe side.

DO NOT SIGN the request. Also send it by recorded delivery.

if they cannot provide a signed cca then they cannot enforce!!!!

My opinions are my own and not those of anyone else :D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< If you find me helpful please click on my scales

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/211007-equifax-your-time-has.html

SIGN THE PETITION TO STOP CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES RECORDING DATA WHEN NO CREDIT AGREEMENT EXISTS - SEE FORUM POST

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ml#post2370021

Hi

Today i got a letter from robinson & way telling me that they are no longer Managing the account and that all future payments and correspondence must be sent to the client directly

What should i do now

nothing!!!!

its obvious they have no cca and cannot prove you owe them anything

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/211007-equifax-your-time-has.html

SIGN THE PETITION TO STOP CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES RECORDING DATA WHEN NO CREDIT AGREEMENT EXISTS - SEE FORUM POST

i'm not sure you can get defaults removed. I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell you either way

• 3 months later...

Hello

I use the template letter off this website to advise them that the legal time frame was in dispute (that advises them to remove all data from there systems ect). I am going back to work and decided open a business and got declined for the business bank account, when i checked my credit report it still shows everything and i contcated to ask why and they have demanded i start the process again direct with them, they still tell me my account is with robson and way but i have a letter dated 12/08/2009 tell me they are no longer dealing with it

Regards

John

• 2 weeks later...

I can't comment on whether the interest is correct as I've yet to discover how those calculator thingys work, but other than that the bad news is that it appears enforceable - all the prescribed terms are there.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Whilst they hadn't complied they weren't allowed to enforce but now that they have, it's put everything right again.

Did they send a statement of account as well? Are there any charges you might be able to reclaim?

You should probably get some other opinions to confirm the agreement is enforceable.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I got a letter of robinson & way just before christmas saying they are no longer dealing with the account, the letter had my account name and account number on but were it says balance it had 0.00 would that mean anything ?

John

Not really, unless NatWest send it back to RW and they start chasing you again. At that point you could always send them a copy of their letter saying you owe 0 and see what they do.

RMW

Hi

I got a letter and phone call from wescot demanding full payment i advised them i have a letter saying i owe 0 and they are demanding the original letter to be posted to them.

What should i do now

Thanks all

Hi

I got a letter and phone call from wescot demanding full payment i advised them i have a letter saying i owe 0 and they are demanding the original letter to be posted to them.

What should i do now

Thanks all

Send a copy, not the original.

the agreement posted earlier does in fact look enforceable.......sorry

BUT you must have had a default notice........Ive never known RBS or NATWEST to get one right yet.

If you do have one post it up

and have a look here.....> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/208663-tale-dodgy-dn-further.html

rgds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

well......its the strangest default notice I have seen, but it looks compliant and the date is right........ASSUMING that they posted 1st class

do you have the envelope ???

if you follow the thread on the link I posted I think that you will find that banks "usually" post via UKMAIL or TNT which is deemed 2nd class

service of official documents is deemed to be on the 2nd WORKING day after posting for first class or on the fourth WORKING day after posting for second class

so if posted on the 1st Jan 2010 by first class it would be deemed served on the 5th then you need 14 clear days so the date to rectify would be 19th. on the 20th you would be in default

just to confuse the issue further....if the year had been 2008 and posted on 1st Jan then it would be served on the 3rd and the date to rectify by would be 17th and in default by 18th

ASSUMING 1st class post

read that thread......

hope this helps

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D