Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder


Barclaycard Ppi Refund Problem

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3993 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi ,

having a problem with partners ppi refund from barclaycard


He had to contact Financial Ombudsman and eventually barclaycard agreed to repay the ppi premiums,at every stage they delayed things as long as they could.


About 3 weeks ago he recieved letter from b,card stating what they had calculated refund to be and then said as account was being dealt with by a third party[calder]they had arranged for refund to be deducted from balance owing !


Account is with calders[,b,card dca ] as it is in dispute and has been for 8 months.,anyway partner wrote back to b,card stating he wanted the refund paid direct to him as b,card had no right to offset the total amount against the balance owing.....


So far he has heard nothing so we need to know what we can do next,

their are arrears on the account now since it has been in dispute, refund is for 500 pounds,arrears approx 250.00 so surely all they can offset is 250.00?


In his letter partner asked for the total refund,to see what happened ,but its no surprise that hes not heard anything...

We are not giving up on this but is their any legal stuff we can quote to them?


any help would be great,

thanks, milly

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya Milly,


You correct in that they can only offset against arrears and as that was money they should never have taken in the first place its only right that anything over and above the arrears should be returned to you.





If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.


Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.











R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...