You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

krisswilliams

Help Needed... 3 Defaults!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3984 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi.

Am new to the board and I hope someone can help me... Need pointing in the right direction.

Basically just applied for a mortgage and was rejected and advised contact Experian so I did and 3 defaults appear on there, 2 of which are satisfied.

O2

Defaulted: 09/04/2005

Default Balance £568

Current Balance £568

Contacted them today and they said they will satisfy the account as closed if I pay the 50% of the balance. Should I pay it and then ask for default to be removed?

T-Mobile

Defaulted: 10/01/2005

Default Balance: £104

Current Balance: Satisfied

Can I apply to get this removed? If so what is my first step?

Barclaycard

Defaulted: 28/05/2004

Default Balance: £700

All of which were done in my early teens not realising my mistakes and the damage it would affect me now.

Like I say I was turned down for a mortgage and the girlfriend thinks its due not having a credit history at all let alone the above and I cant bear to tell her.... Ouch!!!

Any information appreciated!!! :(

Hi kriss - welcome to CAG

Comments below:

O2

Defaulted: 09/04/2005

Default Balance £568

Current Balance £568

Contacted them today and they said they will satisfy the account as closed if I pay the 50% of the balance. Should I pay it and then ask for default to be removed?

1. Is the balance calculated correctly?

2. If you decide to do a F&F, you must put the offer in writing, stipulating that this is a F&F & get their written agreement to the fact that they will mark your file satisfied. It is unlikely they will agree to remove the default but worth a try as part of the deal.

T-Mobile

Defaulted: 10/01/2005

Default Balance: £104

Unlikely they will agree to remove it but it is marked satisfied so in itself may not be affecting your credit rating too much; unfortunately it's combined with the rest :(

Barclaycard

Defaulted: 28/05/2004

Default Balance: £700

Same as above but you could submit a SAR (cost £10.00) specifically requesting a copy of your agreement along with your back statements. Then you could assess if (a) the CCA was enforceable in the first place & (b) if there were any unlawful charges on your account that you have not reclaimed. This may give you grounds to challenge their right to default you i.e. possibly no enforceable agreement, possibly DN for an incorrect sum. The template for a SAR is here:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-

.....and I cant bear to tell her.... Ouch!!!

All defaults should be removed from your credit ref. files after 6 years but if you want a mortgage before that you may have to bite the bullet..

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.