• Tweets

• Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof? 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No    Have you had a response?  n/a 7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice'  
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
    • Huh? This is nothing about paying just for what I use - I currently prefer the averaged monthly payment - else i wouldn't be in credit month after month - which I am comfortable with - else I wold simply request a part refund - which I  would have done if they hadn't reduced my monthly dd after the complaint I raised (handled slowly and rather badly) highlighted the errors in their systems (one of which they do seem to have fixed) Are you not aware DD is always potentially variable? ah well, look it up - but my deal is a supposed to average the payments over a year, and i dont expect them to change payments (up or down) without my informed agreement ESPECIALLY when I'm in credit over winter.   You are happy with your smart meter - jolly for you I dont want one, dont have to have one  - so wont   I have a box that tells me my electricity usage - was free donkeys years ago and shows me everything I need to know just like a smart meter but doesnt need a smart meter,  and i can manually set my charges - so as a side effect - would show me if the charges from the supplier were mismatched. Doesn't tell me if the meters actually calibrated correctly - but neither does your smart meter. That all relies on a label and the competence of the testers - and the competence of any remote fiddling with the settings. You seem happy with that - thats fine. I'm not.    
    • Evening all,   So today, I was sent an updated offer that includes the £12.60 I spent on letters, but they have declined to add the interest at £7.40. They have stating 'We acknowledge your request to claim interest to date, however, this would be at the discretion of a trial judge if the claim did proceed to a trial hearing.' I think I am content with this outcome, and pushing this to a trial for a total interest of £15.30 throughout the claim does not make sense to me.   What are people's thoughts? I am sure our courts have better things to concentrate on?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

"Great" train robbers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Everytime i hear about Ronnie Biggs being spoken about on the news - it makes me sick the way he is always referred to as the "great" train robber.

There is nothing "great" about him whatsoever.

He was part of the gang who left the train driver fighting for his life & stuck 2 fingers up to justice for about 30 years or so

He only came back here when he wanted to use our health service.

(feel better for that now lol)

Edited by mr.ton

I understand how u feel Mr Ton but could u explain to me how come it should be fair that the dangerous criminal that jack straw basically branded him should be allowed to live like that in prison.

He is not as dangerous as Jack Straw made out as he cant walk, due to fall in prison which broke his hip, cant talk, cant use the toilet, cant feed himself. He was needing round the clock care that was costing the goverment a lot of money for 4 personal nurses to care for just him.

Iam not saying he should not server his time but the goverment could use the space for a more dangerous criminal like a murderer.

Also u said they left a train driver fighting for his life. Ronnie was in the get away vichile some 15 minute away from the train so really he had nothing to do with that part.

A friend of mine Works at norwivh prison as a officer. He is a lovely bloke and has at times been one of the guards posted to watch biggs. He along with a few of his collegues thing that the Goverment were wrong in making the decision they did last month as its not like he is dangerous and if they were wanting supports of there personal crusade to keep him in prison then they have lost a lot of supporters. if he was that dangerous then maybe he should have been kept in belmarsh not moved to Norwich.

I for one am glad he has been released from his sentance as i dont feel it is fair on ANYBODY who is that ill to go threw there dying days like that.

Oh and Mr ton thanks u have reminded me to ring my mum. Shes in Norwich Not far from the prison.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I don`t have a problem with it myself. There are far worse people free in the world. than him.

He may be a train robber, but at the time, it was the biggest (greatest) and he got away with it. Good on him, I say. At least, unlike nowadays he doesn`t hide in some office building, working for Lloyds TSB, taking hundreds of pounds off you each month. At least he showed his face while robbing the train, instead of hiding behind a telephone.

I don`t beleive he ever hurt anyone, so I can`t see the point in locking him away until he dies. The goverment just want him, to say `we`ve finally got you`.

If you could rob a bank and get away with it for 30+ years, wouldn`t you take your chances? I think I would. Pedo`s, rapists, murderers, granny beaters, smack heads, and everyone else get less time that they wanted him to serve.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

And on top of that, to did it these days your going to need a damned fast horse

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

The train driver acatually died 1 year and 1 week AFTER the robbery so this could not be a murder charge.

Prisons are full of old people who are seriously/mentally ill and costing the tax payers a lot of money to keep them there. The Minister for Justice ought to look at this huge problem and come up with alternatives in order for places to be freed to house people convicted of knife/gun crime

but as the news keeps reminding us, especially the stuff i have heard, he was not at the train he was 15 minutes away so techinaclly he did not rob the train.

NP yes there are far worse ppl in this world that need locking up they were just trying to make a example out of him because he was part of the gang that robbed a train and evaded capture then got caught and convicted then escaped and shew 2 fingers to the authorities for over 30 years.

i personally hope his release helps the local area where i live as everyone who is convicted of a crime in norfolk and north soffolk gets sent to Norwich prision. which if the guy come from near me is one less for me to be worrying about and will mean that the useless police force i have experiance may actually be doing there job for a change.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

oh and yes i do think that baby peters mum and partner deserver more time in prison but hey its only our criminal justice system that would allow a baby murderer to be out in a few years but a elderly very ill man has to be basically dying b4 he gets released.

Yup and besides there have been many many bigger crimes than this these days for which they get life and are out in 10-15 yrs.

In ronnies case the the crime just does not fit the penalty

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

which is why the goverment IMO were trying to make a example out of him.

I`m suprised they haven`t locked up all CAG members who dispute their CCA`s yet, for attempted fraud, or some nonsense like that. You`d get 15 year`s, yet a baby killer would be out a week on Thursday, with good behaviour.

Whatever people think of the likes of Biggs, people like Biggs have left their mark in History. It would be a truly boring world if everything was hunky dory. We need people like that from time to time, to cause a stink and a bit of inconvenience.

That`s what I think anyway.

And for the record i hold nothing against him for breaking out of Wandsworth if i was there and the chance was there i would do the same if that was anyones fault it was the governments and the prison services fault for having lax security.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

And for the record i hold nothing against him for breaking out of Wandsworth if i was there and the chance was there i would do the same if that was anyones fault it was the governments and the prison services fault for having lax security.

PF

Of course, let`s not forget it`s every prisoners right to try and escape :D

ronnie biggs

buster edwards

crime did not exactly pay did it in the end

yes it was an attack on the establishment, thats why high sentance was given.

now lets look on the other side

this guy will prob never leave hospital alive

people say let him rot in jail

ime not one.

in a civilised society, what ever the crime, human decency must come first or we are no better than the people committing the crime

in a civilised society, what ever the crime, human decency must come first or we are no better than the people committing the crime

Could not agree more.

PF

i used to work very close to the union jack club in waterloo

i passed buster edwards every morning as he used to have a flower stall

great train robber

i dont think so

by the way

they found him in his lock up

he hung himself

there is nothing great about these people

they may be criminals but still deserve decency, no matter what they have done

which is what i have been saying. My mate who i have know for years and has guarded him said to me its a shame hes there as he is to weak to even speak so he cant be that much of a danger to society.

Yup TGM

So just why did they need two guards watching him, surely one was enough

PF

PF actually there was 3.

As i said how is he a danger to society when he cant walk due to broken hip which happened in prison he cant talk he cant feed him self and he cant use the toilet.

blimey 3 what a waste of prison resorses and yup its also very unlikely that anyone would atempt to break him free PF

one in his room, one outside his room and one outside the ward. Both outside the ward and room checked everybodys id b4 they entered even visitors to other patients were checked and had to be oked and even escorted by specially employed staff if the guard on the ward door thoght they might need it.

Yep what a defenat waste in reasource.

Yep what a defenat waste in reasource.

Well, a cynic might say the reason he came back was due to his poor health, and to waste resources on his health care, that he had not paid tax or contributed to in any meaningful way.

Personally I don't think he should be glorified as a hero or condemned as a villain. Just leave him and his family in peace. I don't think he particularly benefits from being "free", but his family probably appreciate it, and they've committed no crime.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Again, I`m not saying they are hero`s of any sort.

I saying the magnitude of the crime at that time was `great`. To pull it off and hide away for 30+ years takes some intelligence. There have probably been, and will be bigger crimes since those days.

I`m also saying that it`s a total waste of prison space, guards, tax payers money and whatever else to lock up a guy of this age for the rest of his life, simply because the powers that be are embarrassed about him evading capture for so long.

He may have lived a life of luxury for 30+ years, but in a way has been a prisoner of his own, never able to return to see his family, until now.

As to him being a dangerous criminal, well, lets not be silly here. Not all crooks pan your head in or kill you. My bank manager robs me from miles away, and I`ve never seen his face once.