Scammed/Tricked Via paypal

aargh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

okay so i been after a steam account for some time, and i brought one of someone from msn, and seems they have taken it back...

paypal said

Dear **aargh**,

Thank you for contacting PayPal in relation to the recent transactions on

your account.

**aargh** I have reviewed your account and would like to advise you that even

if this payment had been sent as an Instant Transfer we would not be able

to investigate it as the item is intangible. We are unable to investigate

claims involving Virtual or Intangible items. Because of this, PayPal

cannot take any action on either account at this time. For future

reference, however, your claim has been noted in the seller's account.

If you would like to read more about our policies, please have a look at

our User Agreement. You can find it by clicking on the 'Legal Agreements'

link at the bottom of any PayPal page.

I do understand your frustration regarding this matter and regret any

inconvenience it might have caused you.

Yours sincerely,

Rachel

Resolution Services Department

PayPal, an eBay Company

now they must have more complaints about this to even add my complaint to this users account, he must get allow of emails about him to paypal..

now they said nothing they can do virtual item.. but sorry isnt [causing problems] someone illegal? if i brought something online i didnt recieve.. i would contact my bank if i paid via debit/credit card, but since this is a paypal transation, i would complaint agaisnt paypal, there doesnt seem to be any buyer protection, only seller protection??

anyone know of any loophole or anything i can do to get through to them that these kind of things cant continue...

thanks for your help..

Simple - don't use them!

Thousands seem to have already deserted them, not to mention their sister eBay. They wouldn't listen to their customers so they must pay by way of no business. Sadly when they open their ears & minds, it may be too late.

• Haha 1

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Simple - don't use them!

Thousands seem to have already deserted them, not to mention their sister eBay. They wouldn't listen to their customers so they must pay by way of no business. Sadly when they open their ears & minds, it may be too late.

Seconded, so true!

I wont be using Paypal or Ebay again either - see my post.

They will not release £109 that is being held in my Paypal account until I "update" my bank details.

I decided to check this out and if you scroll down the many pages of their contract, you finally get to the part where it says the "update" is actually a DD mandate that allows them to take their fees instantly.

Now we all know what that means - any disputes, seller rip-offs etc wil be met with even more of a closed door by these crooks, after all, they have their money.

The buyer can go to hell!

No thanks Paypal, or Ebay. Ive done with them now. Too sneaky.

Paypal have never been happy with intangible goods - but since you bought in god faith, surely your complaint is with the vendor and their tricks, rather than PP who were simply passing on the money you wanted to pay the seller?

okay so i been after a steam account for some time, and i brought one of someone from msn, and seems they have taken it back...

Wouldn't it have been easier to just go the Steam website, grab the Steam software and set up an account yourself? I got my Steam bundled in with Half Life 2, but I believe a direct download from their site and the establishing of an account is completely free.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca
  • Haha 2

there doesnt seem to be any buyer protection, only seller protection??

You will probably find just as many sellers saying 'there doesn't seem to be any seller protection, only buyer protection' if you go by the threads on here.

Sometimes I read these threads and start thinking that the group most protected in ebay/paypal transactions isn't sellers, it isn't buyers, it's [problematic].

No, I don't seriously hold this opinion. But sometimes my cynical side comes to the fore.