Charges whilst on JSA!

bekki-c
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I had a few bank charges a couple of years ago when I was in receipt of JSA. I am also currently claiming JSA. I sent the template letter to the bank stating that it was illegal for them to take these charges whilst on benefits.

I recieved a letter from the bank today saying that as I was charged fee's and not charges it doesn't apply to the social security act.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?!

"I recieved a letter from the bank today saying that as I was charged fee's and not charges it doesn't apply to the social security act."

How convenient, I hope the banks eventuall get nailed for this. We have EXACTLY the same charges but most have revamped thier T & C's to make them sound different.

This after they originally stated thier costs justify thier charges. I'm no fan of Nationwide but at least thier T & C's have not changed which is something.

I stil don't understand how not paying a direct debit can possibly be viewed as a service.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

As per other post setup a parachute account and also have a look at the hardship info. If you were in hardship when the charges were applied then I'd use that to try to force them to think again.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

As per other post setup a parachute account and also have a look at the hardship info. If you were in hardship when the charges were applied then I'd use that to try to force them to think again.

Post one said "a couple of years ago". Financial hardship claims are about current hardship.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

HSBC are the worlds worst to even recognise hardship, even to the extent they know you are a hardship case. from their own experiance,:-o:-o:-o

Mike, the image I have from that post is priceless ;)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf