style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4017 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I was on this site a couple of months ago and you were all very helpful but now i have another problem i need help with.

I have been having problems with Rossendales regarding thier charges on a council tax debt and i recently came into enough money to pay of debt and so i thought the best way was to pay coucil direct, as i could not do this at work (too many ears) i handed the job to my partner, she called council to pay only to be told that she HAD to pay rossendales charges too, and after some complaining was told (by a supervisor) that council could not take payment for c-tax only and again that we HAD to pay charges too. The debt was for £629 and we paid £276 in charges on top because my partner "just wanted to stop all this" and felt she had no choice.

My question is who is responsible for the taking of this unlawful fee? I know that rossendales are at fault but surely the council are responsible for them and therefore have taken an illegal payment? The council could not even tell us what the fee was for.

What do i do now?

Many thanks for any forthcoming help

Guest janensteve

send the council a cheque, write on the back of the cheque that it is in respect of council tax ref xyz and no other item or charge, send a covering letter saying that you dispute the baillifs fees at this time.

write to rossendales and ask for a screenshot of your account

I have just received a breakdown of charges from Rossendales relating to my case.

date posted on other thread 18th June 2009

1st Visit £24.00

2nd Visit £18.00

Levy £00.00

Visit with Van £110.00:confused::rolleye s:

Waiting £60.00:confused::rolleyes :

are these the charges for this account the one you have just paid if they are then your charges should be

1st ans 2nd visit only thats if they did visit so they have added £63.50 in charges from the date of the breakdown you received on the 18/6/09

Edited by hallowitch