You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3989 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

It's taking my mind off the neighbours - sort of.

I'm looking for a property with the following:

1. 2 bed detached or semi detached (or poss end terrace) with bloody good sound insulation.

2. OWN garden to rear - just to relax / grow plants and some veggies

3. shared ownership or whatever scheme acceptable (depending on deal)

4. cheap as possible with hardly any deposit to pay if possible.

I'll be getting annual income myself just shy of £17k gross (which apparently means I can borrow about £60k).

Or there will be me and a second mortgagee but with a not so great credit rating allowing borrowing of just over £100k if credit was not an issue.

It's damned annoying when you're paying £300 a month rent but can't get a mortgage even thought the repayments are less - the value of the property I'm in now has probably been purchased a couple of times over.

Any hints or suggestions welcome

What about contacting the Housing Associations in the area you're moving to - they may be able to give you some ideas regarding shared ownership etc.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Check out the government's homebuy scheme - there might be an option there matey.

I'm sure you could get a 25% shared ownership place on your own ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Pity you're not up North - my poor 2 bed semi-detached end house has been up for sale for AGES! Big garden and everything - even a vacant property with no chain - and, it's all for £89k....

Can't sell it, even though it's in fab condition - needs no work/decorating doing.

Good luck with the house hunting though :)

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Welllll... I'm looking towards west lancashire if it's in that region?

I've heard a lot of bad press about these homebuy schemes. One other problem is that the cost of a mortgage on a 30% share and the rent on the rest is more expensive than a mortgage on a fully priced property.

I have spoken to housing associations, but they said my chances are very low of getting anything more than a flat and I'd be waiting at least 18 months. There is no way I could cope with a flat or apartment after everything that has gone on.

Welllll... I'm looking towards west lancashire if it's in that region?

Nope :( It's in the North East so of no use whatsoever BUT it is proof that cheap houses are out there.

I don't know much about the homebuyers scheme, so can't help you out there unfortunately. I'm sure you'll find something though :)

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Aw, thanks anyway.

I've seen loads of homes that I would love to live in, but they are either reserved for over 55s or holiday homes, which I have been warned about.