Weinstein Williams & Commercial Credit Solutions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I also have a query on these guys.

My OH's business got scammed by the old Advertising for the emergency services [problem].... one phone call from someone claiming to be a local fireman, then weeks of harrassment from numerous different companies all claiming he'd placed an order with them.

We got rid of two of the companies, but one refused to give up - Weinstein Williams. Despite countless letters disputing any debt to them, and contact with trading standards, they ignored everything we said, and now have passed the alleged debt to Commercial Credit Solutions.

So we get occasional final demands from this debt collector - the last two have both said 'as you have chosen to disregard our previous correspondance' - which is a complete lie. I have faxed them dispute details, I have recorded delivery'ed them. I have normal posted them. They are ignoring our correspondance.

I checked their website - they say they've been going over 10 years - I checked their consumer credit license and companies house, they became LTD september last year, and got their consumer credit license earlier this year. They are in the same town as weinstein williams.

Do you think they are in cahoots with each other?? Can anything be done to stop this? Can we do them for harrassment? Has anyone heard of Commercial Credit Solutions or had dealings with them?

In the beginning I quite enjoyed the fight with Weinstein - it was quite entertaining as I know we are 100% in the right. Now its just getting really annoying......

TIA!

roxina

Is it these guys?

Welcome to Weinstein Williams

You know when a kid irritates you, and he sees that he is having an effect on you, if you don't ignore him, he will continue doing it.:confused:

IMHO if it were me, I wouldn't correspond with them at all, only to tell them that I am taking them to court for harassment and here is the date on which they should defend themselves!

By replying to them, they know they are having some effect, if you genuinely have no contract/agreement with them, ignore them until, and "IF" they ever fork out the money for a court hearing, and then you can succesfully fight them off, possibly claiming damages in the process!:D

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes Boo, it is those guys! They have a lovely page on their website where they describe how they take people to court for non-payment!!

When searching for details about them online, there are several notes about them forcing people (ie MoneySavingExpert and a newspaper) to offer apologies for printing 'slanderous' comments about them.

I'm sorry, but if people are complaining about them on forums, having dealt with them myself, I believe the complaints!

PGH7447... they are claiming we ordered an advert to appear in some emergency services advertising. After we queried them saying we knew nothing about it, they sent us some dodgy looking 'artwork' for us to approve - completely unlike any logo/advert we would use for our company, and that we had to pay asap. We replied the same day they sent us this that we had not ordered it, they replied back saying we hadn't approved the artwork in time and had broken their terms and conditions!!!!

Its all been a complete joke.

I wouldn't mind ignoring them Boo - but it p***s me off, and I know that they are doing the same thing to much more susceptible people than me that would just give in. Make me mad!!:mad:

roxina

just report them to trading Standards and file under ignore

Consumer Direct If you report it to consumer direct, they will automatically inform TS in your area as well as TS in this companies area also.

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks.

I have spoken to Consumer Direct several times about this.

However they just seem to give vague advice - send your letter recorded, ignore them etc etc. I don't feel really like they've helped much, nor do I know if anything will happen about what weinstein are doing, via TS. I just want something pro-active to happen!!!! Punishment!!!

So can I take them to court for Harrassment? How would one go about that?

I am aware a few months ago that the sending of 7 day letters requires acknowledgement of any dispute. No chasing letter we've ever received from these debt collector's ever mentions the dispute, despite us writing and telling them at least 3 times.

roxina.

• 3 weeks later...

We tried to cancel this order the very same day, but they would not accept it. I quoted all cooling periods etc. but they just replied that this was not a consumer contracts but a business to business cotnract and therefore no cooling period. The end result - we just will not pay them. I agree, something must be done to stop their hard, bullying selling. So yes, they are legit? in that there is a web site etc but....

Good afternoon

I hope you don't mind me throwing this in to the debate?

Here are three definitions taken from Weinstein Willaims T & C's and my thoughts on the same:

“Contract” means the Form or similar document or Company’s quotation for the Services.

To me this reads as .. We have called you, given a price therefore we have a binding contract .. however they mention "the Form"

“Fees” means the fees as stated during the order for the Services, reconfirmed in the confirmation call and set out in the Form.

This to me is another hint at Telesales but look another reference to "the Form"

“Form” means the Payment Request Form.

Now unless I'm being totally thick or is "the Form" thier official demand for payment and so if this document has not been received and I assume it hasn't all they have is a "My word against yours" argument

Now far be it from me to suggest that some organisations, DCA's etc tell porkies (typing with fingers crossed ain't easy) in order to get money for unsubstantiated debt it's well advised on CAG that if it's only done over the phone it's not all it's cracked up to be

Good luck

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Write to them, but whatever you do, do not sign the letter. Ask for either a signed contract or a recording of the conversation, as you deny entering into a contract.

Also point out that you do not believe you authorised the production of any proofs, as the "proof" they sent does not fit in with your companies branding, and there is no way you would authorise such a thing.

When I worked in a printers, somebody could come in, ask for anything to be designed, but if they changed their mind, or said I don't want it anymore we were generally stuffed. Customers did not sign anything to agree to being charged for a proof to be created.

If they were happy, then they signed a document to agree that printing could go ahead, that they had checked it, and other guff that mean't they didnt have a leg to stand on if there was a spelling mistake, after printing, as they had agreed they had comprehensively checked it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Revenant - in our case we had NO 'form' or any paperwork from then until after they rang chasing payment - which I clearly told them as I didn't know who they were! At which point, two working days later their 'invoice' suddenly turned up in the post!

caledfwlch - we did ask for a recording, at which point they guy on the other end of the phone suddenly decided I was aggressive and nasty and wouldn't talk to me anymore, saying he'd send a copy in the post - needless to say this never turned up! I work in the print industry too, and agree that how they are behaving and demanding is NOT how legit suppliers operate! We wouldn't be demanding payment after supplying a proof or a 'quote'.

carnation07 - good luck with them too!

Can't you send them a subject access request , specifically stating you want all audio records included? They'll have to send you it then, if it exists.

I can't find an entry for them as having a registered data controller thou , least not under that name. There is a 'headland communications limited' in the same building that does have one. Wether they are linked or not, I do not know. Maybe phone and ask Headland communications - tel no 0870 243 2344.

Edited by Drexl Spivey

As it appears you are getting nowhere, then I fell your only course of action is to send them a 'Letter before action' (recorded delivery) giving them 7 days to correct the situation, and remove any incorrect data from your credit file.

If they still persist in plating the 'big I am' then a second letter sent (recorded delivery) telling them you are taking legal action against them.

Have they placed a default on your credit file?

If they have then you can sue them for damages, currently £1000 per incorrect marker!

If the harassment is persistent and you have proof of this, then a word with your local constabulary (not 999) and a complaint that you are being harassed by this company will put an end to it, and even if it doesn't you will be able to take them to court.

• 4 months later...

The latest communication from Weinstein says someone is coming to collect the money I "owe" next week. They dropped the "intended court action". That I could have coped with but someone turning up definately not so what should be done next as have already reported to trading standards and police not interested even though the original caller purported to be from a police force

The latest communication from Weinstein says someone is coming to collect the money I "owe" next week. They dropped the "intended court action". That I could have coped with but someone turning up definately not so what should be done next as have already reported to trading standards and police not interested even though the original caller purported to be from a police force

Can I suggest you go back to your local Police Station and talk to someone senior as impersonating a Police Officer is an offence

Go have a look at this thread and you will see you're not on your own and maybe your combined experiences will be of help to each other . .

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/245593-any-help-appreciated-csplusonline.html

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Have just joined the Advertising Protection Agency and they have said that they will deal with the matter from now on.

Meanwhile I have complained to the force who the original impersonator was alledgedly from and as a result an office from my local police force is coming later today.

Well the threat of a 'doorstep collector' is just that, a threat.

If I turned up on your doorstep and told you you had to either give me money or your bank details, would you?

NO! These so called doorstep collectors HAVE NO LEGAL RIGHT/TRAINING to be requesting money, and they have absolutely ZERO RIGHTS to be on your property.

If they 'ever' turn up, tell them to promptly leave, foxtrot oscar is normally the best method, then if they don't ring the Police, 999, and tell them you have a trespasser on your property who will not leave and is asking for money, and that you believe there will be a breach of the Peace.

Print this letter off and keep it by the front door, if you want you can send it to them also.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-

Boo;)

Think I've got a handle on things now. Police have been out and said the same.

Good! At least they are aware and you will have some evidence of their interaction.

Boo;)

I too am having issues with Weinstein Williams (originally phoned by a police officer etc. etc.), but not long after I disputed their claims I was approached by The Advertising Protection Agency who alleged to be affiliated to Trading Standards.

When I visited their website something just didn't add up, and after contacting Trading Standards they told me they had nothing to do with them!!

TAPA wanted me to sign their documents (presumably so all these companies then had my signature) and return them as soon as possible, so they could take action. Curiously they too were based in Merseyside (although they had a London postal address) !!

Just beware crawler !!

Hi

Thats interesting, we never heard from any Advertising Protection Agency despite all our disputing! Sounds odd....

We still get the occasional 'red letter' from Commercial Credit Solutions, which we now just ignore as we have so much evidence of having disputed this, and a reference number with trading standards. Don't think they'll ever do anything.

I hate the fact that we can't do anything to stop this happening to others though. Trading Standards have been pretty useless to be honest.

R

Well I believe you have a very good complaint against this lot, and if TS are unwilling or unable to investigate this company, then I would first ask TS direct who it is you should be making a formal complaint too?

Then lodge a formal complaint using TS own complaints procedure, for a company to be set up to investigate exactly this type of thing, then doesn't, is extremely poor.

Your local MP should also be informed of this also, after all it is they who are spending our money, lets get them spending it on concerns that matter to us, instead of duck houses!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello just joined today after google search brought up this thread, I have been targeted by the same company Commercial Credit Solutions, They are working on behalf or with an internet advertising agent who tried to con me into advertising with them. They now have sent me letters requesting payment for adverts I have not asked for.

The last letter today tells me that if I don't pay they will take me to court. I have sent them an email today requesting them to stop sending letters, and if they send any more i will start to charge them for the disposal of their junk mail.

Thanks for reading this.

David