Barclaycard case stayed now passed to another dca!

ccmug
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just when I thought I was beginning to understand!

Howard Cohen took me to court for this barclaycard debt. After submitting my defence I got a letter from the courts saying the case was 'stayed'

That was several months ago.

Got a letter this morn from The Lewis Group

The lewis group letter stated they have instructions from barclaycard to act on their behalf in respect of this account as a matter of EXTREME URGENCY. To avoid further action please pay the full amount within 5 days.

So can they just pass the debt on for another dca to have ago!

Hello and Welcome, ccmug.

You could try sending them this...............

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/580-letter-when-bankdca-attempt-to-collect-on-penalty-charge-situation

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

hi, right so its the same dca group. I sent them that letter earlier that maroondevo suggested earlier (thanks) so I should contact the court too,what do I tell them? that the case is stayed and enclose copies of the letter from lewis demanding payment?

can anyone refer me to any threads that might help?

please

thank you for your advice and opinions :)

Hi, I would write to the judge (care of the court) who stayed the case and the court manager enclosing the letter from the Court staying the case and copies of the letters you have received.

Tell them you consider this contact while the claim is active and under a judge, to be an attempt to pervert the course of justice and contempt of court, and that you ask for the protection of the Court.

If they ring, make a note of the time and date of each call and include this in your letter to the Court.

Do not confirm your ID, ask for their name then simply tell them that their illegal contacts with you while this case remains stayed have been noted and refered to the court for consideration.

Tell them the call is being recorded and will also be passed to the Judge. then ask them to confirm their name again for the recording.

(Doesnt matter if the call isnt being recorded, its just nice to inflict terror into them and listen to their spluttering) ;-)

Hi I've had a letter from the lewis group today too. My situation seems similar. I filed my defence at northampton and got a letter stating if the claimant didn't contact the courts by ** date it would be stayed. Only I never got a letter to confirm it and heard nothing for almost 12 months. Then got a letter from lewis demanding payment in 5 days too. Was your letter from northampton stating the case was stayed? I was just wondering whether to follow same advice too? Sorry to jump your thread Regards