What next

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I admit to having my head inthe sand 99% of the time regarding debts, My now husband had debt when I met him which then he was unable to pay due to 3 redundancies/lost jobs in 1 year, this in turn caused me to borrow to keep a roof over our heads and now we both are almost evenly matched.

Currently neither of us can afford Bankruptcy, nor can we get any credit, he has 2 CCJs and is paying those plus a few creditors token amounts, the rest either did not reply to CCA requests and are in default or just havent responded. I have SAR'd creditors where I can but we struggle to have the £10 spare due to a constant run of bad luck over 4 years

I am paying all my creditors a token amount except a couple whom again need SAR when we can afford it.

My question is what next, we both feel we are stuck, we wanted to start a family and havent due to debts, I feel this is slowly being taken away from us as I get older, we have never had a holiday or honeymoon, and never go out.

Where would anyone suggest we go regarding these debts from here?

Having had creditors accept payments its easy to just let it run, but at £1 a month we will be 93 before anythings paid off. I remember some time ago people writing to creditors to ask to get debts written off, does this still work?

Any help appreciated.

I admit to having my head inthe sand 99% of the time regarding debts, My now husband had debt when I met him which then he was unable to pay due to 3 redundancies/lost jobs in 1 year, this in turn caused me to borrow to keep a roof over our heads and now we both are almost evenly matched.

Currently neither of us can afford Bankruptcy, nor can we get any credit, he has 2 CCJs and is paying those plus a few creditors token amounts, the rest either did not reply to CCA requests and are in default or just havent responded. I have SAR'd creditors where I can but we struggle to have the £10 spare due to a constant run of bad luck over 4 years

I am paying all my creditors a token amount except a couple whom again need SAR when we can afford it.

My question is what next, we both feel we are stuck, we wanted to start a family and havent due to debts, I feel this is slowly being taken away from us as I get older, we have never had a holiday or honeymoon, and never go out.

Where would anyone suggest we go regarding these debts from here?

Having had creditors accept payments its easy to just let it run, but at £1 a month we will be 93 before anythings paid off. I remember some time ago people writing to creditors to ask to get debts written off, does this still work?

Any help appreciated.

Why are you SARing the companies ?. Have you requested your CCA's first ? Your last paragraph seems to imply that you are unsure/unaware of this process.

Andy

Hi all ,sorry I couldnt get online over the weekend

No we do not own we rent.

My comment was fairly general apologies, we have SAR'd companies such as HSBC who have added £800 charges and done things like ignore recorded delivery letters, also SLC who said they didnt get a deferrment notice and are hounding us for £3ks worth or back payments, however I am told that SLC really are law unto themselves and can get away with anything

I have always sent for a CCA and a SAR has only been if they are holding information I wish to see. I deal with both our debts paper workwise.

We have had 3 incidences where CCA requests have gone over time or the account has been closed, but I have been told now by looking at other forums and other posts that this does not mean a debt is written off, and also one of those has been sold on now and being threatened with allsorts from that company.

That the debt is still there and cannot be seen as removed?

Hi all ,sorry I couldnt get online over the weekend

No we do not own we rent.

My comment was fairly general apologies, we have SAR'd companies such as HSBC who have added £800 charges and done things like ignore recorded delivery letters, also SLC who said they didnt get a deferrment notice and are hounding us for £3ks worth or back payments, however I am told that SLC really are law unto themselves and can get away with anything

I have always sent for a CCA and a SAR has only been if they are holding information I wish to see. I deal with both our debts paper workwise.

We have had 3 incidences where CCA requests have gone over time or the account has been closed, but I have been told now by looking at other forums and other posts that this does not mean a debt is written off, and also one of those has been sold on now and being threatened with allsorts from that company.

That the debt is still there and cannot be seen as removed?

There is a difference between debts being written off and being unenforceable. Are you aware which of the CCA's maybe enforceable or not ?

Andy

No my husband is currently working so we cannot claim, he works a contract so any time off say the last 2 weeks with swine flu we get nothing for and its really badly paid, but better than nothing, I have a business but it brings in very little if anything, have not been able to get employment either since April.

We couldnt even front the £500 even if we got it back, just dont have that money.

The amount of our debts combined is just far too high to ever think about getting rid of, appart from writing off, BK or possibly final offers but weve never had the money to do this.

All the credit agreements that have come back are enforceable, all prescribed terms etc there, those that havent we havent heard from bar one who has sold on the debt and they are badgering us, in all honesty it might be best to let them make us BK? least that way we wouldnt have to pay for it.

Edited by summer30