You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

phoenix08

Faulty Gas Meter- Help Please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3984 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I belive my gas meter is not working (It shows the same reading for long time but I have no problem in using services). What should I do?

I have no problem but worrying about my legal responsibilties.

The meter is located outside the house and I have recieved 3 quaterly bills with same reading. Gas account is currently in credit with Atlantic Gas. I have only provided the initail reading while switching supplier last summer and after that the Gas man come and took his readings.

are you SURE this is your meter

does the meter number tally between bill and what is stamped on the meter?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Yes, I believe so. Meter number tally with the bill.

Let me summarise some more info.

I moved into this house(rented) early last year and EON was supplieng gas that time. I have taken the meter reading and informed EON. After few months I have received a bill for some £80 and paid immediately. I have decided to switch supplier and found atlantic gas cheeper through USwitch. I have changed to them last summer and informed my initial reading and paid with direct debt. But afterfew months I have stopped DD and decided to pay on quaterly bill. But my bill saying (0) units used based on both readings and the account is in credit. We only use gas for heating(cooking and shower is electric) so we belived it migght be still possible since we rearly used heating over the summer. The other one was an estimated bill and now then other 2 bills come with readings. I have then checked the meter again and the reading is same.

Thanks for your help DX but please let me know my options.

check it IS your meter

with everygas meter there is a yellow level next to it [ON-OFF-ON]

light your gas fire or WHY and turn the supply off ... does it go out?

if it turns out to be your by the above test, then i think a call to AG is in order.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.