The dreaded Blaire,Oliver& Scott! Help needed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am new to the site and need any one's advice. A defaulted loan with Halifax has been reffered to the in house debt collectors BOS. I am trying to arrange a payment plan with them but they are being unhelpful, I have received a FINAL NOTICE today they want me to ring or pay up within 7 days or else threaten court action etc.

Luckily they do not have a contact number for me so have been let off with that pleasure so far. I am writing back today to say I will pay an amount but can't do it till the end of the month when I get paid, does any one know if they will do anything before then? I owe £3700 in total and have offered £150 a month which will still be a struggle along with all my other debts! Please help, thanks

firstly, please don't be afraid of these threat, they are a dca they can do nothing to you.

write to them and TELL them you can only afford £XX for XX mts [if £150 is pushing it, make it £50 - this is NOT a priority debt] & could they please refrain from adding interest & charges to help you in your time of need.

regardless to what they say or do PAY IT [p'haps by online banking?]

as regular as clock work, stick by what you promise.

NO judge [iF it ever got to court - which i very much doubt] will EVER make you pay anymore - in fact prob less!. he would laugh it out the door as long as you keep to the agreement you have told them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for that assurance, I have written a letter stating that I will pay a regular amount on a regular date and will stick to it, the way they write these letters are so scary sometimes. I have another loan to Black Horse so will do the same to those although I have had a letter from someone about that one who actually did visit the house!

Thanks again

Hi all, I have sent letter offering £100 per month as I did the payplan on the national debt website to work out what I could afford and sent that along with it so they should not be able to argue it (hopefully).

Will just await their response if not just start paying it on the due date. I do own my house so that is a worry and no longer bank with Halifax or associated banks so they can't take out any money as I have read horror stories that they have done that too!

Many thanks for your responses,

Hi Buddy7

Definitely bluster, please don't worry..that's just what they want you to do. I write from experience of helping a relative with this lot and they never carried out any of their threats..just passed it on to a debt collector 5 months down the line..for more empty threats.

Elsa x

I can help you, too. They are a devious bunch who are actually owned by HBoS!

First up, £150 is waay too much. In fact, so is £100. The main objective is not to slide further into debt by pushing yourself, but it seems you have committed yourself to this, now. The onely way out if it is to keep sending them an updated financial statement every month and change you payment if your circumstances get worse!

As the other caggers say, there's not a lot the can do to you if you're in a DMP, but they will hound you, constantly, for money. Ignore the FINAL NOTICE bs - they tried that with me, too, before I found this site. They are evil, evil people who prey on the vulnerable. Unfortunately, the debt industry is big business in the UK and we must lear to fight their underhand tactics. BOS and their ilk are not, contrary to what they may say, there to 'help' you, at all. Bear that in mind.

I'll sub to this and if you need any help re BOS, then PM me.

Will just await their response if not just start paying it on the due date. I do own my house so that is a worry and no longer bank with Halifax or associated banks so they can't take out any money as I have read horror stories that they have done that too!

Many thanks for your responses,

HBoS did that to me a few years ago. W had a fall-out with HBoS and they took funds from our savings account, without notifying us or ever admitting that they did, and set it against our then overdraft. We suddenly figured out what they were next going to do - wait until pay day and wipe out the OD when the salaries hit the bank thus leaving the mortagage and other DDs at risk - so we parachuted the salaries and all DDs/SOs into another bank. Boy, did the letters fly through the door that month!

Do not trust them.

In my relatives case they suddenly called in an overdraft of £2000 for absolutely no reason..6 months before the review date, even though this meant that payments to their OWN loan would be rendered unmeetable.

Thank god for parachutes!! Salary duly transferred...they weren't very pleased, don't know why..they started it! :D

In my relatives case they suddenly called in an overdraft of £2000 for absolutely no reason..6 months before the review date, even though this meant that payments to their OWN loan would be rendered unmeetable.

Thank god for parachutes!! Salary duly transferred...they weren't very pleased, don't know why..they started it! :D

yep, same here. We had a fall-out with them, then they cancelled all DDs which put us in the sh** for a month due to £400+ in returned DD charges and then after we got account back to normal they nicked £x from the savings account and we saw the whole thing going to start again.

They were out to ruin us, of that we have no doubt, and that was the start of a great war between us and HBoS.

Your last para, Elsa, makes me smile. When we had the parachute account up and running and pay day came up, you don't know what I would have given to be a fly on the wall when the bank drone switched on his/her pc in anticipation of wiping out our OD..... only to find SFA there!!! Schadenfreude, I believe is how I would have felt, that day!:D:D:D

Edited by FlyboyAgain
spelling

ime 99.9999% sure barmy, orrible and stupid will not take you to court,

they will sell the account to lowells or crappy quest first

as usual it seem pure bluster

They sold one of mine to Moorcroft, who are even more devious! These clowns actually had the nerve to send me a payment book and tried to trick me by saying that I had provided card details to make payments towards the account! They 'took' a fiver off the account balance and I couldnt figure out how they'd done this until Ida in Fife told me it was trick to get me to call them. Beware of that tactic!

Wow I have definately learnt something today! I can't believe they treat already vulnerable people!

Moorcroft I am experiencing as well through a stupid £500 debt with Next who I now have a CCJ with - things seem to be going from bad to worse! The only good thing is none of them have my phone numbers. While I'm here any one had experience with Black Horse finance - I no I have them all! Many thanks for all your replies.

The ONLY reason they said £150 a month is not enougth is because they want to try and squeeze more out of you.

When you say a number like 150 they assume that if you can afford 150 then theres a good chance you can afford more.

So Buddy7, you see.... they are playing you to try and squeeze more from you. Theres no court looming, its all hot air to bleed you dry.

Dont be played by these fools. Your in control of your money and they have to deal with what you can afford. They have no powers. I pity the fool(s)!