You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

nchaslam

New kid on the block- unenforceable credit agreement

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3984 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi to everyone! Am trying to navigate this fab site, but not very computer literate - so looking for help. Recently heard about unenforceable credit, and have decided to give it a go. Am I right in avoiding the claims companies that have recently told me they had a 92% success rate in court? they were asking for £590 up front fee. I don't have my credit agreements - can anyone direct me to a sample letter i could use?

Very very thankful for any advice/help FIFI

Send this letter here by recorded delivery - enclose £1 postal order. (£1 for each company NOT for each agreement) - Letter number 8 here - The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors - they have to provde it within 12+2 working days of your request or they slip into default of your request....keep us posted...

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Hi everyone, I have been reading these threads for a few months now and must say I found them to be very helpful. However I have followed every piece of advise given and got knowhere. I have been so frustraited with evrything going on that I decided to obtain legal advise about my credit cards and here is what I was told. As the laws changed in 2006 and where enforced in 2008 it now states that the consumer who took out a credit card or loan before April 2007 has no rights. The creditors nolonger have to provide a copy of your agreement and do not even have to hold one. If you use the civil procedures act 30.16 they still do not have to disclose it. Even if they do not hold a copy of an agreement containing your signature it doesnt matter as the law has now changed. They only have to supply you with a true copy so beware. You cannot win against them as the law clearly protects them now against people claiming to have their debts written off due to no agreement excisting. I have got a court hearing for the 8th Sept 2009 where I am asking the judge to order Barclaycard to supply me with a copy of the agreement they hold containing my signature and my solicitor has advised me that they do not even have to hold one now. I would advise anyone who thinks they can get their debts written off to seek expert advice before even asking for a copy of their agreement.

Regards

Charlick

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Did you mean to say AFTER 2007 rather than before 2007 in your thread above ? Charlick please do start your own thread and tell us more....

Hi M8, as far as this solicitor from Morgan Solicitors is concerned it doesnt matter when the agreement was taken out all agreements comply with the new cca 2008 law. I find it hard to belive that she can advise me of this so i'm going to try and follow it through, my court date is the 8th Sept I hope.

Can you tell me how to start a new thread please as I am new to this.:razz:

Thanks Guys!

will keep you posted

good luck charlick!:)

it doesnt matter when the agreement was taken out all agreements comply with the new cca 2008 law.

That's not true, CCA 2008 is not retrospective, it covers agreements made after 2007, I can't remember the exact month off-hand. Agreements prior to 2007 are still covered by CCA 1974.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks very much everyone for your help and advice. What about the fact she said they don't need to hold a signed agreement to enforce it on me.

I don't think consumer law is her speciality :rolleyes:

As I said any agreement prior to April 6th 2007 must include all the prescribed terms within the four corners of the document. CCA 2008 is not retrospective, if it were this site along with all the other consumer sites wouldn't exist would it?

Maybe she should brush up on the Consumer Credit Acts & Amendments before she advises anyone else. :rolleyes:

See; http://www.mcgrigors.com/pdfdocs/Consumer%20Credit%20Act%202006.pdf

Edited by cerberusalert

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi everyone I have started a new thread in welcome-consumer-forum so please do not use this one any more. Thanks for all your advice once again