You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

nozzer2009

HFC Advice Please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3978 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Right here goes and i,ll try to explain as much as possible. Please bare with me.

Around 2 years ago I took out a Buy Now Pay later Interest Free deal with Currys.

Toward the end of the 2 year agreement, i was expecting to receive a letter to offer to pay in full. The letter didnt come, i however contacted HFC and asked what the outstanding balance was. 323.82 which i paid in full with my debit card. I also received a letter to say tell me the outstanding balance. That was last November.

In January of this year, i routinely gave my credit file a check and found HFC had registered a number of late payments against my name. For 11.00. I immediately contacted them by way of Paul Thurston paulthurston@hsbc.com and made a complaint.

I did not receive a reply until the middle of July 2009 to inform me they would not uphold my complaint, nor remove the entries on my credit file. Now amounting to around 9 late payments. They refuse to except (even though i have shown them the letter they had sent me) that i was informed the outstanding balance was 323.82.

As a result, i have had a new mortgage deal declined. 2 of my credit cards have been reduced from 10900 down to 1000 and 6000 down to 500. I have also been refused credit.

So my once flawless credit record is now in ruins because of 11.00 that i do not owe them.

I have filed a complaint with the financial ombudsman. Not sure how long that will take.

IS there anything else someone could recommend that i do to remove this false information from my record? Many thanks in advance.

Edited by nozzer2009

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

so what was the deal on the buy now pay later.

typically this will be a set amount each month over 2yrs

is this the £11?

had you paid anything till you pulled their chain?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the 11.00 was the monthly payment and all the payments had been made.

Just a quick update, i understand people on here are busy, so i read read and read some more on here and took info i needed, added bits and took some away.

Anyway i finally emailed the following people and copied everyone in on all the emails i sent. Believe it or not i got a response within 2 days, with a full apology and offer of compensation.

The CE of HSBC (Paul Thurston)

The MD of HFC

My local MP

The F.S.O

The Information Commissioner

The Prime Ministers Office

David Cameron.

Whether or not the last 2 helped i dont know, but my credit file has been amended and i await the compensation. All in all there cock up over the last 9 months has cost me a mortgage product which would have reduced my payments by a considerable sum. Credit Card limits have been reduced, interest rates on credit cards have been put up and ive been refused a 0% Balance transfer credit card which would have also saved 15.8% a month (Virgin). Along with other little things. The big thing is the mortgage.

I had to take the action i did and email the people i did, as my credit rating had been totally destroyed over a fabricated 11.00. From being someone who had never had a problem with credit to being refused everything, it hit me quite badly and whilst i do earn a good wage, im not well off enough to be paying over 300.00 more than necessary on a mortgage and losing out on 0% Credit Card deals.

Although there weren,t many replies, i would like to thank everyone who contributes to this site as a whole, without it i would not have known where to start.

well i dont know how that slipped thru the net.

i usually what the hfc forum every day

sorry . but very good outcome and very good info for others

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.