You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Dazler1980

Csl!!! And Capitol One

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3995 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone I seem to have got my self into a bit of a pickle over this, I had a CCA with Capitol One for about 5 years now but due to defaulting on payments I received a letter from Credit Solutions Limited who say they are acting as agents for Capitol One and are demanding I settle the outstanding balance.

So with haste I paid off the balance on Wednesday 5th August and the agent said they would offer me quite a substantial discount exactly half of what I owed, I was so relived that this weight had been lifted from my shoulders! But to my horror I believe I’ve become a victim of a [problem]? Is this true?

Thursday morning I received a "Yellow card" in the post from Power 2 Contact Ltd and a MR J White confirming that he would be calling to discuss the recent communication from CSL? Since doing some investigating Credit Solutions Limited and Power 2 Contact Ltd seem to be popping up just about everywhere with allegations of scams against them!?

Luckily the payment has been authorized but has yet no “hit” my account my bank has now informed me that they can still stop the transaction going through but first I should find out and confirm whether or not CSL are legitimate or not.

Capitol One are not interested in talking to me!!! How the hell am I to find out if CSL are truly working as agents for Capitol One and not here to rip me off? Should I cancel the transaction and then deal with the consequences?

Can anyone shine some light on this?

stop it now, until you find out if it is kosher

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Credit Solutions Holdings Ltd

a Mr J White is the same person has a Mr R Black blue brown and indigo

no one ever turns up, chances are CSL and P2C dont know what the other is doing, if you are happy to proceed contact the original person who dealt with you and state that you are willing for this to go ahead but you want WRITTEN confirmation that this is a full and final and that your credit file will reflect this no letter no payment

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Cancel any and every payment you have made to them. If it's a payment using a card, go into your bank tomorrow hand it over and request a new one be sent, telling them that you think the card details may have been compromised and open to fraud.

Then just sit back and wait to see what else might drop through your letter box, and begin logging a diary of their contacts to you, do not speak to them over the phone,(unless you are recording it) get all correspondence in writing so you have evidence.

Did P2C send you a yellow card in the post, showing that you were in debt, and the amount, a contact number etc etc?

Good, take a photocopy and send it to the OFT with a letter of complaint, as they have yet again breached OFT guidelines on debt collection!:eek:

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!