You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mediaman1970

FPC / Capital One

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3552 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sorry, i did post this somewhere else but i seem to have lost it. Apologies if its here twice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoshome viewpost.gif

Good morning, I ave received what I guess is their standard default letter....

Balance....

Credit limit.......

Overdue Balance.......

IMPORTANT YOU SHOLD REaD THIS CAREFULLY

STATEMENT OF DEFAULT

Your Capital One Account is now officially in Default

As of the 17/7/2009 you have defaulted and you owe us £3.410.41

1. We have terminated your account........

2. We now have the right to Demand that you pay your full balance......

3. We will notify the credit reference agencies that you have defaulted....

4. We may place your account with, or sell your account to a debt collection agency, which may use door to door collectors........

etc etc

I have this morning recieved notification that my debt has been placed with FPC.

( does any one know them at all?)

Dear MRs ====

Your Capital One BAnk (europe) plc account, which is seriously overdue, has been referred to us for debt collection.

You must contact us on reciept of this letter on 08458396093 to make a payment to bringyour account up to date. If we do not hear from you action to enforce the debt may be taken against you without further notcie.

Please do not ignore this letter - the debt will not go away.

HELP???? what do I need to do now please.

I have already sent of to CAp oNe fpr my account stuff as previously suggested.

Thank you fo being here.

Hi

I too have this very same situation and letters.

I am new to all this, i dont understand legal terms and im worried sick!

I have in the last 2 months written to Capital one twice, although they claim they have not recieved my second letter.

Ive tried to get through to the Special Support Unit but i have never managed it, instead ive got through to their usual call centre. Which is no help as they just want the monthly amount which i cant afford.

I offered a payment of £1 per month which i paid one but missed the second through getting confussed on dates.

But i have now recieved the letter from C1 and the same letter above from FPC.

I called capital one this morning and they said to deal with Fredrickson (im assuming this is the FPC???

Do i call FPC and offer to make a payment as they so far since yesterday have called countless times and sent text messages and a letter.

I want to make a payment but what i can afford at the moment. I accept i have the debt.

Please advice what to do as like i say, im sick with worry about this and i dont want it to prolong.

Please try and explain best way possible too as i dont understand all this too well..

Thanks in advance

Hi

I too have this very same situation and letters.

I am new to all this, i dont understand legal terms and im worried sick!

I have in the last 2 months written to Capital one twice, although they claim they have not recieved my second letter.

Send all letters to crap one or DCA's by recorded delivery from now on, or get proof of posting at the very least.

But i have now recieved the letter from C1 and the same letter above from FPC.

I called capital one this morning and they said to deal with Fredrickson (im assuming this is the FPC???

Do i call FPC and offer to make a payment as they so far since yesterday have called countless times and sent text messages and a letter.

Ok some background info needed, how long ago did you take the card out, when you couldnt pay did they give you a) A default letter (will say served under s 87(1) of the CCA) b) Termination letter?

To put FPC on the back foot I would suggest sending a s78 request to them, this gives them 12+2 working days to respond with the application (oh dear freudian slip there... I meant agreement as we all know :-D)

s78 letter is here [edit is as required and send recorded delivery to FPC]

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Thanks for that.

Ill dig out the info re: card and post that up over the weekend

We have just been put into the hands of FPC but are taking advice from the National debt line.FPC TRY to force you to pay 3% of the debt.If you go the web site and try to pay what you can reasonably afford it won't let you.What we did was a budget plan as recommended by the national debt line and using thier forms offering what we could afford.FPC have not written accepting this amount but we deem them to have accepted it because they banked it.We are not unduly concerned about being taken to court as FPC cannot be unreasonable in demanding more money from us than we could afford and the courts would see that they are if they tried to demand more.We as the debtor do have some protection as they cannot send bailiffs in UNLESS they have a court order and they only get that if we default on our payments to them as set by the courts.Basically,do a budget plan working out how much you can reasonably afford after taking off your living expenses and offer them that.(if you have other creditors work out this amount pro rata so all your creditors are treated equally)Reinforce this by sending a cheque to FPC for this amount with your budget plan and saying you will do this every month and that this is all you will be sending every month.I do recommend looking on the National Debtline website.They have been so helpful to us when I have been on the phone in tears and very distressed about FPC's letter.

By the way,FPC are quite naughty about phoning you at work and this is regarded as harassment.They do it in the hope it might force you into paying more.Make a note of dates and times if they do this and report them to a financial regulator.

Most importantly,do not worry.Despite FPC's threats,they cannot just do what they want and going to small claims court is better than being made bankrupt.

By the way,I am talking about what happens in UK,just in case the post is from somewhere else in the world as the rules may differ over there.

Thanks for the info.

I thought i had this resolved. They (Fredericksons) sent me a letter about a month ago returning my £1 postal order and saying the case was now closed and handed back to Capital one and they no longer were dealing with it.

Until the beginning of this week, calls, text and letters again.

Ive just answered the phone not thinking and when they went off on one - i said about the letter and the case being closed and they said 'dont think so mate'. I said i would have them for harrassment, go ahead he said and started one down the phone in an intimidating manner. I hung up.

What shall i do now??

I am now in the same situation. I lost my job due to disability and wrote to Capital one informing them I would need help from them to pay the bill and what could they do. I received nothing and sent a further 3 letters re requesting the help. No reply. Now I am being hounded by FPC and they have even written to my PARENTS who live at a separate address saying that they have noticed I have been registered at that address which is an out right lie as I have never been registered there and haven't been financially linked to my parents for anything! I've written to them too and said that as far as I'm concerned this is still an open matter with Capital one and sent copies of my letters to C1. No reply and I'm still being hounded. I'm at the point now where I'm scared, very angry and thinking maybe I should just issue a final warning to both companies and go straight to the ombudsman as this is ridiculous!! Can anyone help me as I really don't know what to do!