Hotel wants money for not staying there!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my 1st time on here so not sure what to do really! I'm wanting some advice abour a recent booking I made for a hotel. Unfortunately I couldn't make the journey and forgot to let the hotel know. They are trying to charge me £80 for a cancellation fee. Can they do this? They said they told me about this but I don't remember. Many thanks :)

Hi Blondie,

Im associated with the hotel industry and yes they can do this. You will see that in their terms and conditions a cancellation charged will be applied when the room is not cancelled within the cancellation policy time. Depending on hotel policy, this can be anything between 2pm day prior to arrival or 2pm arrival date.

The only way round this is to try and find out if the hotel was fully booked on the night in question and if it was you could argue that they were able to sell the room.

Which hotel/chain was it - I may be able to find out cancellation policy?

Good Luck

Used to book a lot of hotels for work and I'm pretty sure they can if you just didn't turn up as you didn't give them the chance to sell the room to someone else.

Did you have to give credit card details when you made the booking - if so they might just take the money out of your bank.