Marlin Financial Services collecting debt on behalf of yes car credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Not sure if I put this in the right place. But to cut a long story short the oh got a car from yes car credit in june 2003 he failed to make the first payment and car was repossessed. Marlin took over the collection of the outstanding debt and upto todays date oh has paid £5414 off the £9300 owed to them through a debt management plan.

However we don't think that the money they sold the car for at auction has been taken off the debt and having read alot of things on here the general opinion seems to be that Yes car credit loans bought by Marlin are not enforcable. How to I go about dealing with Marlin with regards to this? Any advice would be appreciated as we would like to get rid of the last £3886 if we can. Thanks:)

Edited by sarahslc

Hi

Not sure if I put this in the right place. But to cut a long story short the oh got a car from yes car credit in june 2003 he failed to make the first payment and car was repossessed. when that month? Marlin took over the collection of the outstanding debt and upto todays date oh has paid £5414 why are you paying all this money if they took the car back within 1 month of the agreement off the £9300 owed to them through a debt management plan.

However we don't think that the money they sold the car for at auction has been taken off the debt How much did they say they sold it for at auction and having read alot of things on here the general opinion seems to be that Yes car credit loans bought by Marlin are not enforcable. How to I go about dealing with Marlin with regards to this? Any advice would be appreciated as we would like to get rid of the last £3886 if we can. Thanks:)

Seems to me that someone is having you on here if you have paid £5400 for a non existant car - I hate to say it but I have a feeling you have been well and truly taken for a ride

We have only paid so far as we have been told (by a few sources of advice) that the credit agreement still stands as the car was repossessed and that we have to pay the balance less the auction proceeds. I appreciate we may have "been had" that is why I am now looking for advice on how to deal with this so we don't have to pay them a penny more if we have to.

Hmm, :cool:,

Who has told you you have to pay this money?

Have you kept a record of all the money paid and to who it has gone to?

Give the national debtline a ring

Edited by Bazooka Boo
My Opinion WAS WRONG!!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Most prob it was Mark :rolleyes:

Been ringing him ever since his rise to fame, and still can't get to speak to him?:confused:?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I got a car back in July 2003 from YCC and VT the car 2 years l8r in August 2005. They told me I did not owe them a penny, 8 months l8r sent me a bill for £3000, saying there was 2 months payments left owing on vehicle and still got to pay PPI, never told me how much they sold car for and I started to pay them, got down to £2400 and then i moved house and they never bothered finding me, but now left with default on credit file which comes off next year, but i think you may be able to claim ALL PPI back as a lot of PPI was mis-sold by this company, i want to claim it back myself but might get lumbered with rest of VT payment?:(

I dont think they are allowing anyone to speak to Mark from now onwards :D

Have you actually asked for him? if so what have they said to you?

I'll have to check the recording, one woman told me he didn't work for them and I would have to ring the solicitors where he did work?

The other times I have just been told I can't talk to him, mind you thinking about it each time I have rung it's always been a female who's answered??

They changed their number too? I think 0333 is a freephone number?

The solictors where he (Mark) works!

Mortimer Clarke, I presume?

This bunch of hoodlums need to be brought to account...

Not surprised that they are collecting for Yes Car Credit;

Quite appropriate.

Both companies are an utter disgrace.

Come On OFT, about time something was done, talk about Misleading, Unfair Buisiness Practices!

Rant Over.

AC

Id love to hear from someone on here who's actually managed to speak to Mark since the programme was broadcast :)

I'm trying, and when I do I'll post the recording so you can Listen!:D

God knows what I'll ask him???

Ok guys thank for help so far - have read the Go case hopefully I can resolve mine like that one. What do I do now? - I have the credit agreement and it looks like Yes took other halfs old car as a deposit and insisted upon the PPI.

morning

post up the agreement minus personel details

leave in the figures

google photobucket to do this

use the upload link for message boards with out thumbnails option to post

just being a yes car agreement

its in the bag:D