• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

manufacturer's warranty and faulty invoice from seller

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody,

The first I apologize for my bad English if wrote some stupidity. The second: I'm from Bulgaria and need help in my trade relations with UK on-line seller.

Now to the my problem: The 6 months ago I purchased Sony-Ericsson bluetooth handsfree from Amazon's seller PrepayMania. They offer sale only to UK, but I wish to use in Bulgaria and verify carefully SE Limited Warranty circumstances. There write: "If you have purchased your Product in a country member of the European Economic Area (EEA) or in Switzerland or the Republicof Turkey, and such Product was intended for sale in the EEA or in Switzerland or in Turkey, you can have your Product serviced in any EEA country or in Switzerland or in Turkey, under the warranty conditions prevailing in the country in which you require servicing of the Product, provided that an identical Product is sold in such country by an authorised Sony Ericsson distributor. To find out if your Product is sold in the country you are in, please call the local Sony Ericsson Call Center.". In a jiff I contacted the local SE Center and they said that all right and I only need document of purchase with SN (serial number ) of an item. "That's all I need"- I said.:D Then I purchase the item and gave my sister's address who lived in LLandudno on that moment. She check the item and send me handsfree to Bulgaria. Before a month the situation was unendurable: the handsfree went to do very many problems. Of corse I get him and the invoice and went to local SE service. To my great surprise the Item ID (is this SN ? - I don't know) on the invoice isn't coresspond to any numbers on the item and of corse from service deny my request.:-x After that I send inquiry to the seller and reply was " Apologies but we do not have a list of any serial numbers for these item.". The question is : Is the seller oblige to inscribe the SN in an invoice ?

Is the seller oblige to inscribe the SN in an invoice ?

No I don't believe there is any law requiring that.

However why don't you send the item back to your sister and have her return it for you as a gift you purchased for her. you are covered under sales and goods act for it.

You may be lucky in that Sony-Ericsson may have only started making that model of handsfree in the last 12 months. In that case it will still be in warranty as it can only be under 12 months old. The actual serial number then becomes irrelevant.

juliusceasor: My sister already doesn't live in UK and I have nobody whom send the item !

old_andrew2007: What is bump ?

"bump" just means your post had dropped down the list and might have been missed, when someone posts a reply to the question it goes back up to the top. So it was Bump'd up to the top of the list purely to raise it's visibility.

Well unless you purchased it by credit card whereby you could if you don't get any help claim against the credit card under section 75 you'll have to speak to Sony tech maybe you can email/ call them and see if they can help you direct any further. If you have the serial number of the item they can tell roughly when it was sold and who sold it so there shouldn't be a problem. Go back to Sony and see what they say, there is no requirement for the s/n to be on the invoice as far as I am aware. And if the s/n is not on the packaging you bought it with nor on the device i would be impossible for anyone to have entered it onto an invoice anyway.

The invoice doesn't need to identify the handset by code - as long as you have some form of paperwork that can reasonably be used to support your claim that the handset was purchased on a particular date.

I'm unsure where the nearest official SE service centre is to Bulgaria, but I would post it to them after making sure they know the circumstances - also send it insured in case it goes missing.

From SE want document with SN and date of purchase, I ask !

What I found in Business support, information and advice | Business Link : "Information that invoices must contain

All invoices should clearly state that this is what they are with the word 'invoice'.

They should also include the following:

• a unique identification number
  • your company name, address and contact information
  • the company name and address of the customer you are invoicing
  • a clear description of what you are charging for
  • the date the goods or service were provided (supply date)
  • the date of the invoice
  • the amount(s) being charged
  • VAT amount if applicable
  • the total amount owed "

Is there some organization (agency or committee) for consumer's protection where they can help me?

SE only want proof of purchase. I have NEVER had an invoice which stated all the things you list. No agency will assist you in this - and at this stage, your supplier will be unable to provide anything extra as it will look as though the amendments will be done to defraud.

You have a phone, you have a receipt for the purchase showing the date. If your SE dealer refuses to accept this, ask for his superior, as there is no requirement for any serial number to be listed - the 'unique' number referred to is the Invoice number, and you will not have an invoice, you will have a RECEIPT, showing payment made.

From SE want document with SN and date of purchase, I ask !

I take you asked and they said they want it with the S/N.

you can try one of the following:

Type the s/n onto the invoice yourself.( don't know the illegality of this)

Speak to the UK SE center and get something from them to show to the SE in Bulgaria that the S/N isn't required.

Ask the UK SE centre to handle your faulty product for you.

If you bought it by credit card complain to them.

You could check to see if a new unit bought in Bulgaria has details of S/N on it if not buy one and return the faulty one in its place... (fraud)

sorry best I can come up with

buzby: Are you sure ?! I didn't ask dealer but directly SE Bulgaria (there isn't any superior) and they send me SE European Limited warranty:

"CONDITIONS

1.This Limited Warranty is valid only if the original proof of purchase

for this Product issued by a Sony Ericsson authorized dealer

specifying the date of purchase and serial number**, is presented

with the Product to be repaired or replaced. Sony Ericsson reserves

the right to refuse warranty service if this information has been

removed or changed after the original purchase of the Product from

the dealer.

**In some countries/regions additional information (such as a valid

warranty card) may be requested."

Everybody can download this from SE web site.

In Bulgaria if I buy this, the seller will give invoice and warranty card

obligatory. We have state agency for consumer's protection and ombudsman ( I don't sure is word correct ) which consumers may address a petition for strife with dealer or manufacturer.

juliusceasor: May be the only chance is to contact UK SE. Let's wish help me !

SE's conditions are in ADDITION to your statutory roights, they cannot remove any. It is complicated by your change in territory, but nevertheless, SE will still have to resolve your issue. Do NOT under any circumstances alter or modify your original receipt as previously advised, this will result in your receipt being classed as invalid or fraudulently altered.

Since your phone was supplied in the UK, you may have to fit in with SE's UK service centre - but this will be a needless cost, as the Bulgarian centre could easily check that the handset was sold legitimately and you have the correct proof of prchase.

Do NOT under any circumstances alter or modify your original receipt as previously advised, this will result in your receipt being classed as invalid or fraudulently altered.

Not advised suggested but with a caveat. But you are right they wouldn't accept it.

Since your phone was supplied in the UK, you may have to fit in with SE's UK service centre - but this will be a needless cost, as the Bulgarian centre could easily check that the handset was sold legitimately and you have the correct proof of prchase.

Actually having spoken to SE I can easily understand the difficulties Rado is experiencing. Hopefully he will be able to resolve it now but I do think that insisting on a S/N on the receipt over which the consumer has no say in is unlawful restriction on consumer rights. However Rado is not easily in a position to help himself being abroad.

read it yourself Sony Ericsson - Support - Bluetooth? Car Handsfree HCB-105 - Warranty Information

I would assume that in Bulgaria, their paperwork WOULD include this, and as such would be no bg deal as this receipt and the warranty card would be provided automatically. Motorola, which was first off the bat with a truly worldwide service arrangement for faulty handsets accepted the documentaton provided base on the country of purchase, which is why I believe that SE locally are in error with their interpretation.

However, it remains a valuable lesson - if you do but something abroad, expect problems if a warranty repair is required. (Expecially in view of the high number of hijacked handsets circulating, which dont have their IMEI's blocked. (Bulgarian networks are not signed up to the EU/GSMA database.

I would assume that in Bulgaria, their paperwork WOULD include this, and as such would be no bg deal as this receipt and the warranty card would be provided automatically.

You didn't read the link. The warranty restriction is the same for UK, it requires a S/N and the company told me so.

Plus he bought an accessory a hands free speaker or headset, not a phone, no IMEI required for that. And whilst one should beware purchasing abroad, if the item has a worldwide warranty one should expect support. And as I said if you buy something you have very little say on what is entered on the invoice, especially when not in the presence of the supplier.

Edited by juliusceasor

Folks, now I'm sure the seller sold me fake:( Haven't other reason to string-along me:

After a lot of e-mails in which I many times clear said that I haven't somebody who lives in UK and to be mediator, the stupid bitch said me "That will be fine, can you include a note inside the parcel with the UK address that you want us to send the item back to please.". No, he doesn't stupid- he's insolent because he knows I'm so far and so helpless!:mad:

I said my sister "when the handsfree received to you check him and the documents" but I didn't think to collate the SN, chiefly that SN is under hardly opened top. Look at the photo of invoice: http://kachi-snimka.info/images/bwy1250151099h.JPG There is field "ITEM ID" what I thought is SN. He's another number- not invoice number that is on top right corner. That's why I look for legal requirement seller to write SN.

Is there any law against dealers in fakes to threaten the seller?

You will not have a fake. SE will know the phone's history by looking at the IMEI (*#06#). This is a UK firm selling only to UK customers, the fact you are based abroad is a complication YOU added). This is also a very cheap handset.

The Item Number is the COMPANY's own reference for the handset (for their own stock control) and the receipt you show is perfectly adequate for SE to process a request for a warranty repair. If your local SE repairer refuses, then take it to someone more senior.

Your attitude is totally wrong here - you want to 'threaten' the seller? Sorry - I don;t agree with that. You are no longer in the UK, and the dealer will only send it to SE anyway. They will know UK dealers do not log the IMEI on receipts (for security purposes), so the secret it to buy locally if you're worried about international warranties.

You will not have a fake. SE will know the phone's history by looking at the IMEI (*#06#).

....They will know UK dealers do not log the IMEI on receipts (for security purposes)...

Headsets hasn't IMEI and doesn't loked to definite operator - it's accessory!!!

This is a UK firm selling only to UK customers, the fact you are based abroad is a complication YOU added).

He sold to UK customer how is clear from the invoice.

This is also a very cheap handset.

57,98 pounds are cheap !? This is one of the best stereo bluetooth handsfree which I prefer after many weeks reading reviews.

..and the dealer will only send it to SE anyway.

Will send if the item is original and supplied from manufacturer ! If the supply is illegal ... ?!

... so the secret it to buy locally if you're worried about international warranties.

That's the best,but SE offer this headset in bg SE site AND nobody dealer sell him in that moment!?! I few times asked SE bg to direct me to some seller and answer was " NOBODY " and I very much want him. Also I didn't worry about warranty because I expect correct trade relations from seller, as well as from manufacturer. I don't see any wrong in this if the supplier implement the manufacturer's circumstances!? In the long run who is superior: manufacturer or supplier ?

Edited by rado_

(1) We've now established you have a faulty bluetooth headset, not a faulty phone.

(2) You misunderstand. To seek a repair/echange under UK rules, you need to return the headset to your supplier, who may NOT be prepared to return it to you to an address abroad dure to cost. If you do not have a UK address for them to return it to (and they refuse to send it abroad) they may be prepared to send it back at YOUR expense - as it will have to be insured against loss.

(3) My first SE headset was mono and cost £130. Yes, I'd say it was cheap!

(4) You are introducing problems that are yet to be proved. Why imagine it is a fake - unless a SE repair centre has told you?

Who is superior, supplier or manufacturer? The manufacturer, because they have access to spares and replacements that a dealer or supplier may not.

(1) We've now established you have a faulty bluetooth headset, not a faulty phone.

The only person who hadn't established this is you!!:confused:

(4) You are introducing problems that are yet to be proved. Why imagine it is a fake - unless a SE repair centre has told you?
Agreed , worry about that if it arises.

However your invoice doesn't list VAT or a VAT number that surprises me.

Rado you should be prepared to pay for postage back to Bulgaria if the UK SE centre will repair it. Under UK consumer law you have the right to return it to where you purchased it you don't have to send it to the manufacturer. But given your situation itwould seem if th eSE will help you to send it there, as clearly you knew the Uk supplier wouldn't sell it to overseas customers. Low price (as why else would you buy it from them) doesn't always mean good service sometimes for peace of mind you are better paying a premium for service.

However your invoice doesn't list VAT or a VAT number that surprises me..

The only person that is surprised about this appears to be you. :???:

There in NO requirement for any Invoice or receipt to bear a VAT breakdown or VAT number. Only if the paperwork is deemed to be a 'Tax Invoice' are any of these details required - indeed, many suppliers have "This is not a Tax Invoice" printed on them.

Et tu?

Expecially in view of the high number of hijacked handsets circulating

OK. May be I didn't voice right- it's not a fake, it's illegally imported and that way seller don't wants to give document with SN to inconvenience himself.

You didn't read the link. The warranty restriction is the same for UK, it requires a S/N and the company told me so.

If the restrictions are the same, how UK service centre will repair him ? No problem for me to shipp, but I'm worried that they reject my request due to missing SN !

What be the your reaction if you have traveled to Taiwan but forgot you digital camera and bought some for about 500 pounds ( my wages is about 350, I think yours are 10 times more). You bought from glossy shop, has document for purchase and know that .... has the world warranty. And few monts ago the camera stoped work and from service centre rejected you due to missing document that seller doesn't print you. Are you be happy? Are you swallow so easy? I think so !