Anyone got problems with Buchanan Clark & Wells

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently questioned BCW in relation to a home visit.

First of all the collector did not produce ID and identified himself only as the Bank of Scotland. (Either he didn't want to give his name or his mother had a sense of humour)

First of all I fully agree that these despicable people have absolutely no legal rights, however the corsepondence in advance of such visits implies otherwise.

So I put it to BCW.

1) Do you expect your visiting agent to show ID.

2) Taking into account that such visits may involve contact with children or indeed vulnerable adults. Are they subject to disclosure (Scotland) in this case

The response, I don't know they are outside contractors.

3) That may be the case, but as the pursuing agent you are responsible for the conduct of contractors.

4) Against this background, do you honestly expect anyone to enter in discussion, confirm personal details or give entry to their home. And if not it is reasonable to say that the only purpose they serve is an attempt to intimidate.

I will need to call you back.

Heard nothing since

I am not sure

First of all the collector did not produce ID and identified himself only as the Bank of Scotland. (Either he didn't want to give his name or his mother had a sense of humour)

Thats made me smile:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!