You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

rennuz

Northern Rock Interest rate freezing experiences

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3989 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

HI All,

I am looking at potentially going into a debt management plan, payplan or CCCS. I have a fair bit of unsecured debt and the biggest amount is the de-linked part of my old Northern Rock together mortgage. Essentially I owe them £30k but the interest rate is now around 13% and this is the one that is putting me over the edge. £340 over 23 yrs....... £3400 in interest every year....

Thing is there is no point in me going into a debt mgmt scheme if I am not going to get the interest freezed. Has anyone had experiences of their dealings with Northern Rock, have they accepted and frozen your interest, was it hard work?

I know after speaking to them they are likely to try and get a charging order my house it has no equity in it and its owned by myself and my fiancee. Her credit is fine and she owes nothing, shall I get my mother in law to put a second charge on it are they likely to succeed?

Also I don't want the hassle of going to court etc if they do not accept my debt man plan, I hear this has affected a few people on here. Defaults etc are OK but when it starts to get to CCJ's that is not good, I am in the Financial Services industry and this really is a last resort as we speak I have good credit and with help of family etc I could put some of this debt on 0% for a while but its the monthly amount of £1400 to debt that is killing me and chopping and changing could come to a head anyway and push me into this.

Northern Rock are the ones that I am really concerned about will they actually be a nightmare in all of this, any help is much appreciated.