You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Must be a positive if the Insurers are now using the legislation as it was intended. It is just that I have not heard of it being used for Car Insurance, as the 22% comes from the Insurers rating calculations, which is not available information to the Policyholder. With Home Insurance, if you Insured a Building for £100k, when it should have been Insured for £122k, it is easier to grasp.   The Insurers would have issued the policy documents clearly showing that no motoring offences had been included within the premium calculation and the OP has had 5 months to correct the record with Insurers before the accident.   Perhaps probe the Insurers on the 22%. Can they provide evidence from their Underwriting rating guidance that this is the extra premium for 2 SP30's.
    • Moorcroft are just a first DCA that Natwest use, after Natwest have stopped chasing it.   The debt is still owned by Natwest and is currently sat with Moorcroft, but in a pile with many thousands of others.   If your new postal address is showing on your credit file, Moorcroft would have sent letters if they thought this was a priority debt to chase.     
    • We signed up to a credit reference agency.  Got an email this morning saying a search had been carried out in my husband’s name.  It’s by Moorcroft who are doing it on behalf of NatWest. Do we worry?  It’s been over 6 years since last payment and we wrote to NatWest in January advising of our new address.  They and Moorcroft both emailed an old email address which we have access to but never use asking us to confirm our address.  We didn’t respond to it.
    • Hi   I am sorry to hear of your recent loss   The Club I assume you joined would more than likely have had Terms & Conditions, Data Protection, Privacy Policy and did you sign any Agreement to join that CLub?   On Facebook did they actually Name (use your name) on the posts or did they use mum/mother etc?   As has been asked could you give us some background for your reason to send the SAR. If they have refused to give you certain Personal Data under your SAR request then I would suggest writing to them and refering to your SAR Request and their refusal to provide XYZ you requested and that you require clarification as to why this was refused and under exactly which Article of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDOR) they are relying on for this refusal.   The Clubs Constitution is only how the Club is setup you need to ask them for copies of the following:   Data Protection Policy   Privacy Policy (note the above policies may be on that Clubs website if they have one)   This link breaksdowns the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR): https://www.privacy-regulation.eu/en/index.htm      
    • who assured you you'd get notification of no int time limit ending? thats not a normal MO of these BNPL agreements they are not onliged to warn you?   when did you rake this out and when did you try to pay the Org Sum?      
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
loobyloo35

Mackenzie Hall Chasing SB debt!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3907 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just before Christmas I received a letter from Pinnock Solicitors chasing an outstanding from Intelligent Finance.

I wrote to them stating the debt was statute barred and never heard a thing back from them.

About 2 months ago, I then received these letters from MH chasing the same debt. I wrote back to them stating I didnt know anything about the debts and left it at that.

A few weeks later I received a letter asking for me to call their offices to discuss the debts mmm I think NOT! I wrote back saying everything to be done in writing blah blah blah.

Anyway a few weeks after this I then receive further chaser letters from MH reducing the debt somewhat saying this is their final offer and enclosing a standing order mandate!

I mean do they really think I am that stupid! :p

So now what do I do? They are clearly taking no notice of the "do not acknowledge letters" that I previously sent to them - shall I just send these to them again?

Thanks LL

CapQuest Stat Demand ~ WON :D

Vanquis Overlimit & Late Payment Charges ~ F&F Settlement received - 2nd June 09

Welcome Finance CCJ ~ Set Aside 22nd May 09 ~ WON :D CCJ SET ASIDE WHOO HOOO!!!!

Capital One Charges & Default Removal ~ ongoing

just ignore the losers, they will get bored first

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Please forward all correspondence to the OFT with your complaint.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Muck Hall/Statute Barred

seems to be their "speciality"-bit of a risky business model in these days of "consumer enlightenement" ;)

The OFT have them under sanctions for chasing SBd accounts. Report their sorry butts :D

You should really send MH a SB letter if you haven't already. Use the one you sent the other lot and state that you are reporting them all for trying to collect on an SBd account when you already stated that it's SBd and you're NOT going to pay it!

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

The OFT have them under sanctions for chasing SBd accounts. Report their sorry butts :D

You should really send MH a SB letter if you haven't already. Use the one you sent the other lot and state that you are reporting them all for trying to collect on an SBd account when you already stated that it's SBd and you're NOT going to pay it!

Thanks... think I might just do that...... has anyone got the OFT addy please and I will get on the case with that as well :p:p

Vanquis Overlimit & Late Payment Charges ~ F&F Settlement received - 2nd June 09

Welcome Finance CCJ ~ Set Aside 22nd May 09 ~ WON :D CCJ SET ASIDE WHOO HOOO!!!!

Mackenzie Hall have recently had restrictions placed on them by the OFT ...!! - have a read of this - The Office of Fair Trading: OFT imposes requirements on Mackenzie Hall to improve handling of disputed debts

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Do you mean this one?

debtcollectionguidance@oft.gsi.gov.uk

Or this one?

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You can use the latter one...I have done plenty of times in the past and normally get a response (generic or otherwise)...

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

This debt has now been passed to their partners in crime MERITFORCE.

Had the relevant letters sent to me despite telling Muck Hall that I have no memory of these debts :p and that they are SB anyway, but no they carried onto ignore my letters, even wrote to me asking me to give them a call to discuss - I don't think so! Any hooooo, got the letters from MF threatening me with doorstep collection if I didnt ring or pay up!

I rang them last night, told them I was fed up with receiving threatening DCA letters for someone that no longer lived here! Talk about rude! The woman tried to talk over me time and time again, tried to interrupt, basically told me to bin the letters saying no one would turn up anyway!

When I did finally get the chance to speak I told her that I had returned all previous letters and marked "not known at this address" and she stated that it was impossible as they had only just taken over the account blah blah blah, and I said they were from Muck Hall who she said they were nothing to do with them! Oh yes you are I replied! :D

She basically told me to ignore the letters and throw them away, don't bother returning them or wasting your money on spending on the postage, no one will turn up!

she was very rude and shouted over me down the phone and this was only over a few letters, god knows what she would be like if she was trying to get money out of you!

Report this to the OFT, they will be interested in this...They can either afford to get a £50,000 fine or are really not bothered by the OFT's orders - The Office of Fair Trading: OFT imposes requirements on Mackenzie Hall to improve handling of disputed debts

You made it quite clear in previous correspondence that you believed the debt was statute barred) (and I presume you have proof that you sent the letters) and they continue to harrass you by passing the debt on whilst you have a very valid dispute....this is a clear breach...

Meritfarce are MHall sharing the same address and directors. Report them today to the OFT and we'll all share the benefit of seeing them disappear down the river.

I agree. Report them - I'd love to see them flounder.

Thanks for the info guys, I have definitely kept all my paperwork and copie of letters sent to them along with the recorded delivery numbers so I will scour my files, photocopy it all and sent to the FSA and OFT - what them burn in hell!!!! :D