You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

echowitch

South East Water - No original Bill

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3979 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was sent a lovely letter by Roxburghe DCA about an outstanding water bill for a property I lived in 4 years ago. Originally the bill stated it was for about £180. When I chased South East Water I was told the bill had jumped from £180 to £250 then £282, with no explanation as to why.

I requested that they send me a copy of the original bill so that I could see the original amounts and the dates it was for. I received a bill stating the "current amount" with a bill date (just the one, and not from and to dates on it,) of the current week and year. Clearly not a copy of the original.

I rang back and requested a copy of the original bill again. Stressing that it must be a copy of the original bill and not a "current" bill. And again I got another "current" bill. So in response I sent the below letter.

South East Water

PO Box 101

Snodland

ME6 9DR

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am writing to request a copy of the original final bill for the above account. I have requested a copy of the original bill twice over the phone but all I have received is a bill stating an amount of £282.35 with dates of 12th June 2009, and 20th July 2009. These are not copies of the original bill detailing the dates that the bill is for.

I can not confirm that this bill is correct if I do not have a copy of the original bill with the dates it is originally for as this account is over 3 years old.

As such I must contest that this account is in Dispute, and I will advise the Financial Services Ombudsman as such unless my more than reasonable request is met.

Yours faithfully,

That was about 3 weeks ago and I've received no response. Whats my next step ?? Give them a few more days ? Chase them up ?? Or report it to the FSO ??

Capital One - Took them to court and they settled for the full £998

Aqua - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £424

Barclaycard - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £636

RBS/Universa - 1st letter sent, settled for £132

Virgin Media - 1st Judge great....second Judge couldn't even be bothered to read the case details

Anyone able to suggest a next step ??

Virgin Media - 1st Judge great....second Judge couldn't even be bothered to read the case details

Never mind. I got a response which seems to have cleared things up. They kept demanding the bill for £282.35 be paid (this is Roxburghe kept demanding) but they neglected to tell me that about £100 had already been paid off, so the remainder is about £180. The new bill (well same one but it has two extra pages which show the dates and amounts on) does seem to indicate that there is an outstanding amount. I'll double check it to be sure and pay it off :)