style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

advice needed on 2 points if possibe

1. my husband left me last sept and basically did not pay mortgage payments i discovered this in february and since that time have paid it myself every month any idea of how i stand mortgage in his name only ( we have 3 dependant children and no maintenence paid either )

2. he took out a loan from bank in my name , agreed by bank mgr in my abscence , i had no choice but to sign due to nature of relationship. monies from loan transfered immediatley to an account in his name in bulgaria. loan was paid for 2 yrs but when he left in sept he stopped paying i paid for first 4 months then found i was unable to afford to pay any longer and still cant loan was for 20k 15 k remaining i really do not no which route to take at the moment and am on a very low income enough struggle to pay mortgage and bills

Hi Lucy and welcome to the CAG, Im not sure about your problems re the mortgage, but someone will be along very shortly to help

with the loan, you say that he took it in your name with the bank manager, were you there at the time, if not you may have a case of misrepresentation, again further advise will be provided by other more worthy souls on here.

but in the first instacne I would send a CCA request of to the bank to get a look at the loan agreement. also do you know if there is any PPI on it

this cost £1 and can be found here letter number 8

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Hi Lucy,

Your case is quite complex, you need to speak to a re-mortgage proffessional and a debt advisor. Basically it could be that if the mortgage is in your husbands name and it doesnt get paid then the bank may reposess. You can continue to pay because they really are not bothered who they get the money off as long as they get it. Of course your ex is the person named on the title of the property and could sell at any time.

Re the loan if it is in joint names then you are both liable for it. Unless you can prove it was fraudulently obtained then your a bit stuck especially if you signed the agreement.

Seeing as though you strictly speaking have no assets you could look at bankruptcy or Debt Relief order but this is just picking things out of the air without knowing your circumstances properly. check out www.serenity-solutions.co.uk for free advice.

take care

debbie

:-x

Following a full financial review we will then advise you which, if any, of from their website

our services would best suit your requirements.

At this stage we will always tell you of the pro's and con's of any solutions we may be able to offer you, as well as full disclosure of all costs.

For further information on any of our services or to see if they may be right for you please click on the links below

So it aint free

all advice is free, i will gladly give it today by email on here as i gave the lady generic advice. If your boiler was broken you would seek a plumber, if your car broke down you would take it to a garage. I simply suggested that the lady speak to a financial advisor re her mortgage.

Regarding the site, in some instances a fee is payable but this is only ever if the client wants the company to deal with their case specifically, in some cases there is no fee, or the creditors pay the fee, either way advice is free, as in not charged for! i do believe it says that also.

I am a self employed debt advisor, i do some work for (EDITED) because i believe it is ethical and one of the good guys! I also volunteer at the CAB and do fundraisers for the hospice!!!! If I was here to exploit people then why whould i dish out all this advice, which i kow to be true!?!? I am not an expert in CCA, Bak charges etc but i do know about debt relief order, Bankruptcy, IVA and Debt Management Plans? I really dont see why you have such a problem with a qualified indidvidual giving advice???