Phantom mobile phone vibration syndrome

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been pondering this for a couple of years. Anyone else get it?

It's basically when you swear that you felt your mobile vibrate, but on checking there are no calls or texts, no alarms set.

Sometimes, you don't even have the phone on you yet you definitely know you felt it.

Weird.

Oh thank god - I'm not cracking up (at least not through this anyway).

There must be other people who get this? If it can be classed as a medical condition, I get to name it!

My flatmate also complains of suffering from Oscillogyzmoitis. I myself remain immune, having never used vibrate mode and thus having not conditioned my brain to expect it (and thereby randomly create false-positives).

Of course, now you are conditioned, I suspect remove vibrate from your phone will do nothing to eradicate Oscillogyzmoitis. Perhaps NHS Direct can help?

I've been pondering this for a couple of years. Anyone else get it?

It's basically when you swear that you felt your mobile vibrate, but on checking there are no calls or texts, no alarms set.

Sometimes, you don't even have the phone on you yet you definitely know you felt it.

Weird.

Yes I have a similar symptom but not because of a mobile phone....more because of a vibrator :D I get this 'vibrating sensation' I'm always checking my bag to see if it's switched itself on...

But that isn't the main problem, it's when I can feel the vibrating, can't find it in my bag and think ooooh, have I left it um...well.....

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

OMG the penny just dropped when I re-read your post! Am I lookin daft now!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

ha ha ha, all this talk of vibrations.

The beach boys were singing about them in the sixties.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!