You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

xsparklex

Housing Benefit and council tax benefit help?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3991 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi im a bit worried .. need some advice plz!

Im getting both benefits at my current property which is council,but have just been offered another property which is housing ass my new tenancy starts monday and i have put forms in and been assured by my new housing ass rent and council tax will be paid on both propertys whilst moving! But my housing officer is being a pain stating i need to giv 4 weeks notice to end the current tenancy and have an inspection of the property before i hand the keys back! i ve been told by housing ass that this is not true and housing benefit will pay up to 4wks for both propertys whilst im moving?

I am being stitched up here and going to be either taken to court for moving out within 4 wks or being stitched up for rent and council tax? Bit woorried! I have two propertys now! what makes me laugh is my housing officer nominated for the new house?

If the housing association are so sure this is true they won't mind waiting for their share of the benefit coming to them. Just make sure you tell them that the housing officer says it ain't so.

What have the benefits office had to say about it?

The officer is only doing their job. Most if not all council housing have a policy that tenants need to give 4 weeks notice. Can be a real pain though as social housing companies want tenants in asap not a month after offering them the property.

The good news is the majority of information on the web points to you being eligible for HB on both properties for up to 4 weeks. It is under unavoidable overlap and you would be eligible as you have to give the 4 weeks notice but can't delay the tenancy start date for your new property.

However, as RickyD said get in touch with your local HB & CTB department and make sure that this is the case in your area. Also they will be able to tell you if you need to hand in any kind of proof such as a letter from your housing officer explaining the circumstances, etc.

If they say no to the entitlement try to see someone from the CAB, Law Centre. Welfare Rights, etc as many Councils state that HB can be paid for both properties - Oxford, Rushcliffe, Hounslow and Stevenage were all ones that came up saying that they do this.

Indeed, some councils will do this.

they will let you claim " overlapping payments for both properties if you have actually moved into your new home and they accept that you could not have reasonably avoided having to pay two rents for the same period.

You need to contact your local council to see if yours is one that does allow this type of payment.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!