You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi,  I'm new here, and hoping that this is the right place to post this.   I applied for pip and was awarded standard mobility (10 points).  I did an M.R. but got the same result. They acknowledge that I can't leave my house without having someone with me. They accept that I'm not completely housebound as I go out to appointments, which are not a regular occurrence, they also said that they can't award me enhanced because I'm not out most days.  Is this correct?  Surely it shouldn't matter how often I go out? 
    • The Legal Ombudsman has a wider remit than the SRA, and can always refer matters on to the SRA where they find a breach of the SRA's code.   I'd suggest writing to the solicitors, highlighting these issues, asking them to refund the money. If they don't then complain to the LO.
    • Good morning all,   I have an update for you all, shortly after my first hearing i was told i would need to have a rehearing with another company, Obviously i agreed but after the initial grievance hearing the person then asked me to enter into a private conversation, I have received the settlement offer and are disgusted as its not even half of my monthly  salary, I'm not sure what to do at this stage as i dont have the funds to finance a solicitor,so any advice would be appreciated.  
    • Sorry, but what does this mean?   Who are ARC? It would be helpful if you could be a little bit more clear about what happened. I don't understand why you are not simply proceeding against Amazon – because it is clearly their responsibility as it was their driver or courier company
    • I understand that you were involved in a contentious divorce in respect of which there was a bill for court costs – £850. You decided to challenge the costs in court and you lost and an order was made against you. We decided to appeal the order but before the appeal was heard, the solicitors made you a without prejudice offer of a 50-50 split – £425. You agree to this and you signed the document to that effect which you returned to the solicitors. Despite that the solicitors are now trying to impose the original £850 order. Is that the correct order of events? "Without prejudice" is certainly something that doesn't seem to be very well understood, including by solicitors. "Without prejudice" can protect an offer from being disclosed to the court where the offer has been refused so that it is not binding on anyone. However, without prejudice cannot be used to hide everything from the court – including wrongdoings, unethical behaviour et cetera. It seems to me that once you sign the agreement you effectively had a contract. I'd like to know a little bit more about the agreement that you signed but presumably it was intended to bring a halt to any further proceedings. I don't think there is any difficulty about disclosing a contract to the court in the circumstances. It is only the offer which was made without prejudice. Once the agreement was accepted and signed then the document acquired a wholly different character. It was no longer an offer open to be accepted or refused. It was a legally binding contract which imposed obligations upon both sides. In my view the solicitors have acted in a highly unethical way and I would begin by making a complaint to the SRA. I wonder whether the solicitors proposed the 50-50 split to you without consulting with their client and when they then contacted their client and told her what had been agreed, she refused to accept it and on that basis the solicitors recognised that they had made an error but rather than accept their responsibility and footing the £425 out of their own pockets, they preferred to get it from you. Of course this is just speculation but it seems to me to be quite a possible scenario. I'd like to see the agreement post up here please – that my sense is that you should complain to the SRA and you should tell the solicitors that this is what you're doing.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
securityinstaller

Reaclaimed Direct Debits getting nasty....

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3985 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Here is a headache if ever.... Direct Debits made out in a company name. House is mid terraced with two kids. Gets Direct Debit forms and they have been altered after being sent. (This also could be fraud) (1) Breaches Direct Debit Guarantee (2) Breaches Contract as contract altered after sending.

Company warned to invoice person who entered into contract then found out contract for Gas and Electric not persons signature proven by passport.

Re-claims Direct Debits for two years. (After many months of emails letters sent by RP etc and also proven to be sent over the counter.

Company leaves threats on voicemail “we will do this that and the other win and claim costs.” Called and spoke to them did not address any of the issues just wanted their money.

(Also texted our daughter about the debt who ran away feeling guilty and that she had ran up a big phone bill on her mobile.)

Told them to put it in writing and they have not done. (Breach of the Utilities Act.) Calls in debt collectors 1. Letter dated 1st of July. (No way they could have sent out statutory letter and admitted to “not sending letters” to Consumer Focus. DC1 told in legal contest called and caught on CCTV knocking at neighbours door (heard as well.) They gave up after telling them legally contested.

Debt Collectors 2 send out two letters dated the same day August 4th“after writing to you several times” and “calling” (They could not have sent several letters and CCTV proves they have not called.) Hence they have not complied with regulations. In Court 24th for pre-payment / disconnection. In company name not person who is named on the contract.

Thing is we know this company has not done what they should have done and can prove it.

Company should not be invoking debt collectors as legal claim.

They even stated wrongly that they could not get the DD’s back as they were done over the telephone (Lied to Consumer Focus.) BACS said rubbish and in right to claim back DD’s.

Want to get matter sorted but company has fettered every legal right under the Sun so far including ignoring requests for letters documents etc.

ICO involved EO and CF. I know there is deemed contract for use BUT person has never been invoiced in their name.

Find in general dealing with the above I appear to know more than they do. Breach of the Data Protection Act and Statutory Obligations let alone all the others including the malicious communications act.

Any good ideas on how to handle the Court Case? That’s if it goes ahead?

Regards SS

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

Sorry but what does "bump" mean?

it's a nudge for help from any body with input in relation to the post in question.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did not follow parts of your post in particular the beginning I found difficult to follow.

You mention a deemed contract, which usually means you moved into a new property and you are stuck with a bill from the current supplier (even if you change supplier) for 28 days.

Yet in other parts of your post it sounds as thought you have been getting billed by a supplier on the basis of a contract which was not signed by yourself.

Please can you clarify these details and I can try to advise. If it is a home move situation I believe you will be liable for the usage. If not then you need to complain about this to the company.

However even if they return the supply to whomever it was with before then THEY would bill you from the reading it left on. However if this is what happened I'd definately go through thier complaints procedure and to the Ombudsmen.

Ok so I need to know

was it a home move or change of supplier situation?

Why have you reclaimed the Direct Debits? There will be some usage to pay for in this period to somebody.

It is unclear what you mean by "Gets Direct Debit forms and they have been altered after being sent", could you elaborate?

Any timescale for this? Why did this go on for two years?

I may have more questions but this basic info will help.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Domestic premises being billed in company name of "ABC" (And this is not even right.) Direct Debits were reclaimed as they were invalid. (If they were the company could have just got them back.) So who should pay the bill "ABC" which you may as well invoice the dog as at least that is a living being! The Company concerned refused to alter "invoices" to the account holders name. Quote who should pay the bill "person named on the bill" On the contract has Name (not the persons signature.) And NOT on the bill as a company name but NOT correct HMRC sole trade should be Mr A.N.Other T/A "ABC" Anyway business has nothing to do with domestic supply.

The company concerned is in breach of the U ACT 2000 as not sent out letters required and also statutory letters. Left voicemail message with threats on PDA (transferred to PC to disk) ICO on the case as are CF and EO (But these are not very good.)

Company calls in DCA 1 who call 8th July texted account in dispute and they sent case back to company. New DCA2 "Supposed to have called on the Monday 13th" only a few days after DCA1 threw case back.

Said I called the guy and was nasty to him. CCTV proves guy did not call and I did not speak to him.

They have applied for warrant under company name BUT they have been served with a CCA letter are in default and DCA2 now know this but are being persistent.

Here is the interesting thing. I am seperated from my wife have a small flat down the road and spend a lot of time at the house doing bits. As I cannot work from the flat use cellar as store and workshop. (My use would be 0.00001%!) As dont do many repairs.

Of course DCA2 have latched onto my name.

No statutory letters sent and no awnsers to any of the issues company knows about.

From basic licence terms they have to invoice the person who signed the contract (signature forged and proven alibi seriously ill in hospital) but have not been doing that. Technicaly speaking they have been invoicing me although incorrect.

Problem Direct Debits and the fact they could not get them back proves invoices were wrong (they made an excuse that they could not do this as made over the telephone which is rubbish according to BACS)

Company refusing to invocie correct person or even person who would be deemed to be in contract also they are trying to take back the "debt" for more than a year.

Also because of the DD refund added 10% non DD "penalty"

Confused so is everyone. Even the EO stated "you have made a great effort to resolve the issues."

DCA2 sent another letter by Signed For Post although not got this yet although they have been notfied they cannot enforce the debt.

As to usage it is not a case of not wanting to pay or get out of paying.

Here is the most serious point though. If I went bust then all the utilities would get cut off as a business. But domesetic premises with vulnerable Mother on low income and two children.

As to business now a "domestic account" but have them on recording being abusive threatening and others.

breaches include DPA, Malicous Comunnications Act and more.

Also breach of licence terms and conditions.

There has been suspcions about what they were doing but my wife got fobbed off. She has asked me to stay due to the threats although these were made to me, and I asurred her that I can see through the CCTV so not to worry.

Going to be fun fighting the warrant especailly when the Mags see who is being billed (oh and they are not even VAT invoices which company could not pay!)