T MOBILE - overcharging by direct debit - help !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok,

I will try to explain as best i can.

Basically i have a contract with T Mobile.I have been with the years, I always pay monthly via direct debit .In Dec 2007 my contract came to an end , they offered me a deal , keep the phone stay on the300 minutes , unlimited mms & picture messages price plan but they would let me have everything for £12 a month.

I kept the phone and deal as i gave the phone to my daughter .From 2007 - 2008 they charge me via direct debit £12 a month all in.

(Im with orange). Anyway the end of 2008 in november i got a letter saying end of the contract would i renew. I basically phoned said if they would keep the same deal - they said yes so i did.The contract started and they have been charging me £24.47 a month for the last 7 month !!!!

I did not notice this earlier as i dont get a bill with T mobile so when i checked my bank i dissmissed it last month thinking my daughter had talked too long, i noticed it this month.Ive gone back through my bills and have all debits all the same at £24.47 since febuary.

I phoned up to complain .This is what i got.

T mobile are saying i did not tell them , there is no record of me phoning to say this.I told them on the phone til i was blue in the face i would not pay £24 for an old phone then keep the same phone and plan and pay double the next year - Doh.

I asked to speak to some one else - they said there was noone to speak to.Eventually i got through to some one who said they could not help as the computers were down !! ( how convinient).

I am fuming and fobbed off any advice !

(I have a brandnew blackberrry pear i pay £24 a month with 500 minutes from orange there is no way i would pay £24 for a 3 year old motorola v3 .)

I cant just cancel the direct debits as i know what phone contracts are like plus they actually owe me money.

Any advice please as im phoning again tomorrow.:-x:-x:-x

Guest Old_andrew2018

Simple advice don't phone put your complaint in writing, otherwise you will get some idiot telling you at best rubbish at worst lies.

T-Mobile complaints procedure:

Step 1. Put your complaint in writing and send it to the following T-Mobile address:

The Customer Resolutions Team

T-Mobile (UK) Limited

6 Camberwell Way

Sunderland

Tyne and Wear

SR3 3XN

The letter must include:

A) Your name

B) Your address

C) Your T-Mobile account number and /or mobile telephone number

D) Details of your complaint

E) Your resolution requirements

F) A daytime contact telephone number

Step 2. T-Mobile will acknowledge receipt within 3 working days of receiving your letter.

Step 3. T-Mobile will provide a full written response to your complaint within 14 days of receipt of your letter.

Subject to point 4 below, the complaints procedure will be at an end.

Step 4. If the letter from T-Mobile makes an offer of settlement, or it includes a proposal to resolve your complaint,

you must respond to it in writing within 14 days of its issue, again addressed to The Customer Resolutions Team.

Step 5. If you do not respond to the letter from T-Mobile within 14 days of its issue, the complaints procedure shall

be at an end. If you respond by accepting the offer of settlement or proposal to resolve the complaint, T-Mobile

shall within 7 days of receipt of your letter either:

Reply to your letter acknowledging your rejection, upon which the complaints procedure shall be at an end, or;

Reply to your letter putting forward new proposals in respect to which the provisions of points 4 onwards

above shall apply.

You may also obtain independent advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau, Consumer Advice Centre, Trading

Standards Departments or other telecoms user organisations recognised by the Secretary of State. Whilst we are

happy to work together with any of the above independent organisations, if you decide you need their help to

resolve your complaint, we would always recommend that you contact us first as most problems can be resolved

quickly this way.

If after discussion with T-Mobile you are still unhappy with any aspects of our services, we have established, in

consultation with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, a straightforward and convenient procedure for

independent, dispute resolution. This process may be used where we are unable to resolve your complaint after a

period of 12 weeks from the date of your initial complaint has passed or if we write to you at any time informing you

that we cannot resolve the complaint.

If the amount you are claiming does not exceed £5,000, subject to consent by T-Mobile, you have the right to put

the dispute to this adjudication process.

Details of how to apply to the T-Mobile adjudication services can be obtained by writing to the legal department at:

T-Mobile (UK) Limited

Hatfield Business Park

Hatfield

Hertfordshire

AL10 9BW

Or by email to [email protected]

Alternatively, you can obtain further information directly from CISAS by writing to them at:

CISAS

C/o Dispute Resolution Services

The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators

12 Bloomsbury Square

London, WC1A 2LP

Telephone: 0207 421 7432

Or by email to [email protected] or to [email protected]

This is T-Mobiles complaints procedure taken from their code of practice.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar