Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • what rights of access do you have on your agreement with the landlord?   i suspect you shouldn't have to pay a thing.
    • then there is your proof to them why would you pay for BB twice!!   for my notes: GENERAL NOTES ON CHARGEBACK & Continuous Payment Authority & BACS   .....  We have been telling people to put a letter into their bank instructing them  not to make any payments under any circumstances to these companies  . http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/- it works! usually this should be done using the number on your debit card  .  banks MUST follow written intructions from their customers ! . CANCELLING YOUR DEBIT CARD DOES NOT STOP CPA'S  .  This fsa guide has now been updated:  . http://www.fsa.gov.uk/static/pubs/consumer_info/know_your_rights_guide.pdf http://www.fca.org.uk/news/continuous-payment-authorities-your-right-to-cancel https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/unauthorised-payments-account  .  Here's the text:  .  Cancelling a regular  card payment:  .  When you give your credit or debit card details to a company and authorise them to take regular payments from your account,   such as for a gym membership or magazine subscription,  it is known as a ‘recurring transaction’ or ‘continuous payment authority’.  . These are often confused with direct debits, but do not offer the same guarantee if the amount or date of the payment changes.  .  In most cases, regular payments can be cancelled by telling the company taking the payments.   .  However,   you have the right to cancel them directly with your bank or card issuer by telling it that you have stopped permission for the payments.   Your bank or card issuer must then stop them – it has no right to insist that you agree this first with the company taking the payments.  .  Be aware, though, that you will still be responsible for paying any money that you owe. and that CANCELLING YOUR CARD WILL NOT STOP THE CPA  .  ..  .  New june 2013  .  Regulator orders Banks and mutuals to review complaints about not cancelling recurring payments from November 2009.  .  Consumers who have set up a regular payment from their account will now be able to successfully cancel that arrangement   by contacting their card provider, the Financial Conduct Authority said.  .  The FCA has been examining how easy it is for customers to cancel Continuous Payment Authorities (CPAs)   due either to payday lendersicon or for other regular payments such as subscriptions or gymicon memberships.  .  CPAs, which are also commonly called recurring transactions or recurring payments,   are relatively easy to set up but can be hard to cancel, causing problems for consumers trying to manage their finances,the FCA said.  .  Now, following the FCA review of how the largest high street banks and mutuals process requests to cancel CPAs, they have agreed that they will ensure that when   a customer asks for a recurring payment to end, that will be sufficient to cancel the arrangement. They have also confirmed that should a payment go through by   mistake following cancellation by a customer the customer will be refunded immediately.  .  In addition to securing this commitment, the largest banks and mutuals have agreed to review every individual complaint they have received about the non-  cancellation of a CPA and to pay redress where payments have continued to be made despite the customer cancelling the arrangement. This applies to all complaints   since November 2009 when the Financial Services Authority, the FCA’s predecessor, began regulating banking conduct.  .  Clive Adamson, the FCA’s director of supervision, said: “It’s important that consumers are confident that banks are meeting their everyday banking needs. Today   customers can be confident that when they ask for a Continuous Payment Authority to be cancelled – it will be cancelled - and that it can be done easily.   . “We recognise that historically this is an area where some customers have struggled but the banks and mutuals have responded positively to our work on this issue.   From now on we expect them to be getting this right. In addition, they have committed to review past complaints.” .  .  Also mentioned your displeasure that as whomever took your money had obviously attempted this many times   probably activating your banks own anti fraud software - nobody had the decency to inform my you this was going on.? .  .In the FSA's own words:  .  ..  What should I do about a payment from my account that I didn’t authorise?  .  Your bank must refund an unauthorised transaction.   Money can only be taken from your account if you have authorised the transaction   or if your bank can prove you were at fault –  . see below.  Contact your bank immediately if you notice an unauthorised payment from your account. .  If you are sure you did not authorise the payment, you can claim a refund.  .  However, your bank does not have to refund you if you do not tell it about the payment until 13 months  or more after the date it left your account.  .  Your bank must refund an unauthorised transaction  .  ------------------  .  Your bank may only refuse a refund for an unauthorised transaction if:  .  ? it can prove you authorised the transaction  – though your bank cannot simply say that use of your password,   card and PIN proves you authorised a payment; or .  ? it can prove you are at fault because you acted fraudulently,   or because you deliberately,   or with gross negligence, failed to protect the details of your card, PIN or password in a way that allowed the transaction  .  -----------------------  .  How quickly must my bank refund me for an unauthorised transaction?  .  The bank must make the refund immediately unless it has evidence that one of the above reasons applies.   Your bank may ask you to answer some questions and fill out a form confirming what has happened,   but it cannot delay your refund while it waits for you to return the form.  If the bank has evidence that one of the above reasons for refusing a refund applies,   it may investigate before making a refund   but must look into it as quickly as possible.   If your bank rejects your claim for a refund it should explain why.  If the transaction was on a credit card, the refund may not happen immediately.   But the card issuer cannot charge interest or ask for repayment of the amount unless it can prove you are liable to pay        
    • Only asking because I want to get my facts right before I approach the bank! Yes, BT is coming out of the same account.
    • not if they want to make the OP the named claimant no!! let them take the other party to court themselves!! the op can be a witness then..   one bitten...read this thread..      
  • Our picks

    • Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies

T MOBILE - overcharging by direct debit - help !!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4026 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts


I will try to explain as best i can.

Basically i have a contract with T Mobile.I have been with the years, I always pay monthly via direct debit .In Dec 2007 my contract came to an end , they offered me a deal , keep the phone stay on the300 minutes , unlimited mms & picture messages price plan but they would let me have everything for £12 a month.

I kept the phone and deal as i gave the phone to my daughter .From 2007 - 2008 they charge me via direct debit £12 a month all in.

(Im with orange). Anyway the end of 2008 in november i got a letter saying end of the contract would i renew. I basically phoned said if they would keep the same deal - they said yes so i did.The contract started and they have been charging me £24.47 a month for the last 7 month !!!!

I did not notice this earlier as i dont get a bill with T mobile so when i checked my bank i dissmissed it last month thinking my daughter had talked too long, i noticed it this month.Ive gone back through my bills and have all debits all the same at £24.47 since febuary.

I phoned up to complain .This is what i got.

T mobile are saying i did not tell them , there is no record of me phoning to say this.I told them on the phone til i was blue in the face i would not pay £24 for an old phone then keep the same phone and plan and pay double the next year - Doh.

I asked to speak to some one else - they said there was noone to speak to.Eventually i got through to some one who said they could not help as the computers were down !! ( how convinient).

I am fuming and fobbed off any advice !


(I have a brandnew blackberrry pear i pay £24 a month with 500 minutes from orange there is no way i would pay £24 for a 3 year old motorola v3 .)

I cant just cancel the direct debits as i know what phone contracts are like plus they actually owe me money.


Any advice please as im phoning again tomorrow.:-x:-x:-x

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Old_andrew2018

Simple advice don't phone put your complaint in writing, otherwise you will get some idiot telling you at best rubbish at worst lies.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

T-Mobile complaints procedure:

Step 1. Put your complaint in writing and send it to the following T-Mobile address:


The Customer Resolutions Team

T-Mobile (UK) Limited

6 Camberwell Way


Tyne and Wear




The letter must include:

A) Your name

B) Your address

C) Your T-Mobile account number and /or mobile telephone number

D) Details of your complaint

E) Your resolution requirements

F) A daytime contact telephone number

Step 2. T-Mobile will acknowledge receipt within 3 working days of receiving your letter.

Step 3. T-Mobile will provide a full written response to your complaint within 14 days of receipt of your letter.

Subject to point 4 below, the complaints procedure will be at an end.

Step 4. If the letter from T-Mobile makes an offer of settlement, or it includes a proposal to resolve your complaint,

you must respond to it in writing within 14 days of its issue, again addressed to The Customer Resolutions Team.

Step 5. If you do not respond to the letter from T-Mobile within 14 days of its issue, the complaints procedure shall

be at an end. If you respond by accepting the offer of settlement or proposal to resolve the complaint, T-Mobile

shall within 7 days of receipt of your letter either:


Reply to your letter acknowledging your rejection, upon which the complaints procedure shall be at an end, or;


Reply to your letter putting forward new proposals in respect to which the provisions of points 4 onwards

above shall apply.

You may also obtain independent advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau, Consumer Advice Centre, Trading

Standards Departments or other telecoms user organisations recognised by the Secretary of State. Whilst we are

happy to work together with any of the above independent organisations, if you decide you need their help to

resolve your complaint, we would always recommend that you contact us first as most problems can be resolved

quickly this way.

If after discussion with T-Mobile you are still unhappy with any aspects of our services, we have established, in

consultation with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, a straightforward and convenient procedure for

independent, dispute resolution. This process may be used where we are unable to resolve your complaint after a

period of 12 weeks from the date of your initial complaint has passed or if we write to you at any time informing you

that we cannot resolve the complaint.

If the amount you are claiming does not exceed £5,000, subject to consent by T-Mobile, you have the right to put

the dispute to this adjudication process.

Details of how to apply to the T-Mobile adjudication services can be obtained by writing to the legal department at:

T-Mobile (UK) Limited

Hatfield Business Park



AL10 9BW


Or by email to arbitration.scheme@t-mobile.co.uk


Alternatively, you can obtain further information directly from CISAS by writing to them at:


C/o Dispute Resolution Services

The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators

12 Bloomsbury Square

London, WC1A 2LP


Website: Home : CIArb


Telephone: 0207 421 7432

Or by email to kkorubo@arbitrators.org or to mekpenyong@arbitrators.org


This is T-Mobiles complaints procedure taken from their code of practice.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)


Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.


923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE



Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)


If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site


Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...