Longroad V Marbles/Beneficial Finance/HFC

longroad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you again so very much. I have printed the letter and will post it tomorrow. I would actually like to know what the settlement is so maybe after I lay this to rest with the solicitors I can request a full and final. I know I dont actually have to pay them anything but I do want this resolved and put to bed forever as I dont want it hanging over my head. Im not trying to avoid paying my debts but I will never get this paid off with them adding the interest they do month after month. They wouldnt help me when I asked them.

Can I ask how you know so much about all this stuff. You are such a great help to me. Thanks again.

A default will only remain on your credit file for six years (five in Scotland).

If you do try to negotiate a settlement figure you should include the proviso that all defaults are removed from your file & that it is marked as settled in full. Also any negotiations should be in writing so that they cannot renage on any agreement.

• 1 month later...

Well I sent the letter to Restons and havnt heard a peep since from either Restons or HFC. I havnt even received a statement so I have no idea whats going on there. I do find it very odd as they have never missed sending a statement and letters asking me to pay but I have heard absolutely nothing.

• 2 months later...

I still havnt heard a thing from anyone regarding this account but I have just signed up for the trial with creditexpert and having just looked at my file I have a default showing as below. Is there a way of getting this removed or changed as I cant have this on my file as this can make me lose my job.

I am grateful for any advice anyone can give.

HFC BANK CREDIT CA... Credit card / S... Default £11,195 06/12/2009 hidebutton.gif Hide

ENTRY NUMBER: C5

Name: xxx Address: xxx Date of birth: xxx Company name: HFC BANK CREDIT CARD SERVICES Account type: Credit card / Store card Started: xx/xx/1999 Default Balance: £11,195 Current Balance: £11,195

Defaulted On: 31/10/2009 File Updated for the Period to: 06/12/2009 Status history:

[] brackets indicate most recent months status [ hist_8.jpg ] What's this? Note: A defaulted account is removed from your report after six years whether or not you have paid the debt in full. If you have paid some of the debt off, the balance should show how much you still owe.

I have searched around this site again and ive found the below letter. Is this the one I need to send to get the default removed please.

Dear Sirs.

Ref: Account number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It has come to my attention, that you have processed financial information about myself, to several credit referencing agencies.

You will be aware that the Data Protection act 1998, an act of parliament, requires you to hold signed authority from myself to process such data, that does not fall within the public domain.

Can you please supply me with a signed copy of my consent, given to you for the purposes of allowing you to process such data.

Please respond to this request within 7 days.

• 1 year later...

Hi

Im looking for some advice again please.

I have moved house a couple of times since I last posted and have not informed HFC of an change of address although I have informed everyone else and ive updated my file on experian and joined the electoral role so im assuming that if HFC want to write to me they can easily find me. Anyway my ca is due for a change and ive just had credit refused. Im assuming this is because of the HFC default on my file from 2009 although everything else such as mortgage, credit card and car payments are all paid up to date. I am now thinking about offering a full and final settlement just to get rid of this default as I dont want to be held back because of it and I dont really fancy having it on my file and not being able to get car finance for another 4 years. If I write to them am I going to be throwing away the time lapsed already when it comes to making the debt statute barred. What I mean is if I contact them now and they respond and dont accept will I have to begin the 6 years again.

Thank you for any help you can offer.