"Getting debtors to pick up the phone..."

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CCR Mag

Qire Launch Local Caller ID - getting debtors to pick up the phone

Wednesday, 05 August 2009

As part of their suite of debt collection offerings Qire have introduced Local Caller ID.

The biggest problem for debt collection companies trying to contact their debtors by telephone is starting a dialogue with the debtor; to assist in this, Qire have launched their Local Caller ID service. When the system makes an automated outbound call it will appear to the debtor to come from a local number.

It is both intuitive and proven that a person is more likely to answer a call from a local phone number on their caller ID. Using a Local Caller ID on the first call attempt substantially increases the likelihood of starting a dialogue, resulting in more contacts and more payments.

Mr Guy Cooper (CEO Qire) said “Qire are pleased to add this service to their ‘Collect’ suite of services which are specifically designed for the debt collection industry. This is another example of how at Qire we focus on developing our Interactive Voice Messaging (IVM) services to help our clients become more efficient”.

The service will also increase the number of call backs. If the debtor uses 1471 they will hear the local number, when they return the call they are put through to the client’s call centre. Alternatively, using a Local Caller ID on the final call attempt provides a Caller ID that has not been seen by the debtor on previous call attempts.

Qire’s service will also match a mobile telephone number to a postcode and generate the appropriate local caller ID.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

All very well, but I don't talk to anyone who is not prepared to tell who they are.

Once I have that info, I have at my disposal an even more sophisticated device...... It's called hanging up.

Mind you, I always say goodbye first..... after all, politeness costs nothing. :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

A timely reminder to everyone, that if you do get conned into picking up the phone, all you have to do is to refuse to answer any security questions. It may be a phishing attempt after all! That also has the added bonus of winding up a threat monkey like nothing else :D

Something which is just as effective as not answering security questions and can be more fun..... Deliberately give wrong or unrelated answers. :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Something which is just as effective as not answering security questions and can be more fun..... Deliberately give wrong or unrelated answers. :D

Oh yes!! Just like picking your favourite childhood cartoon character, or even something along the lines of Bagpuss, Windy Miller, Trumpton, or my favourite Orinoco..:D

And because they go off a script, so long as you answer them, they have no idea! :lol::lol:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Noomill has it.

OFT Guidance s.2:

It is unfair to communicate, in whatever form, with consumers in an unclear,

inaccurate or misleading manner.

...and specifically para 2.2b:

leaving out or presenting information in such a way that it

creates a false or misleading impression

Well it might get you to pick up the phone - it wouldn't in my case because I would not answer even a local number if I didn't recognise it - but you can just as easily put it straight back down again.

Or play along with them refusing to answer security questions depending upon your mood.

This speaks of desperation.

some eejits rang my wife's mother the other day,asking for my wife under her maiden name

eejit-does **** ***** live there?

W.M. no

eejit-could you tell me where she is living now?

W.M.-no

eejit-do you have a phone number for her?

W.M.-yes

eejit-could I have it?

W.M.-no

eejit-I'll just have to go on the internet and look then

W.M.-ok,bye!!

yeah-good luck with that:lol:

probably the Hull halfwits getting really desperate due to their threatograms not having the desired effect ;)

QIRE - Qire

Legal information

Registered offce Direct Data Services Ltd, 25 Grosvenor Road, Wrexham, LL11 1BT.

Registered No 04680925 in England and Wales

Qire™ 7th Floor The Cotton Exchange Old Hall Street L3 9LQ

Tel: 0844 414 2194

Fax: 0844 414 2196

Email: [email protected]

Some info you might need for your complaints fellow CAGers :D

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

My favourite is asking how did you get my number, considering its X directory, at which point they usual bluster then hang up, work a treat, if they persist I then become the broken record

How did you get my number

and on and on and on

dont you just love em

------------

Ofcom’s Statement on Persistent Misuse

The long-awaited Ofcom statement on persistent misuse finally arrived on the 10th of September.

Although it is fairly self-explanatory, we are providing our interpretation of its effect to help managers to comply with the latest rulings.

Ofcom’s Statement on Persistent Misuse: an interpretation by Qire

---------

Sorry your interpretating the rule to suit you - I am sure ofcom would love this

and this is highly interesting

----------

Ofcom has not exempted debt collection calls from the requirement to provide a company name, but it has accepted that the recipient of the call only has the right to decline further marketing calls. Our interpretation of this is that whilst a number must be provided, and the customer has the right not to receive future marketing calls, this does not prevent the caller from making further debt collection calls.

The cheeck of it. how can they refer to people as existing customers when no prior dealings or trading have taken place prior to them making such calls.

Am not certain but i got a feeling that leaving Automated messages, Instant voice messages and SMS messages can also be deemed as harrassment. for exapmle, if such calls or messages are left in the same manner that they make phone calls to you on daily basis etc

Am not certain so it worth while looking into further

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

A timely reminder to everyone, that if you do get conned into picking up the phone, all you have to do is to refuse to answer any security questions. It may be a phishing attempt after all! That also has the added bonus of winding up a threat monkey like nothing else :D

That won't work with MBNA as they don't feel they need to ask any security questions...

Im glad to see that the fact that people do not answer DCA calls means the pond life have had to resort to this childish new ploy. As Rooster rightly says the easiest answer if you are caught by one of these calls is just to hang up. Personally speaking I do not use his polite response. I prefer the more direct FECKOFF method.