Direct Debit Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been lurking here for a while but only posted a couple of times so far. Anyway, ive got an ongoing issue with Natwest and the CSA/CMEC with regard to Direct Debits.

The short version of the story is that I have only ever provided 2 signed Direct Debit Mandates to the CSA. I have also confirmed with them that they process all DDs on paper and have no electronic means of setting up or changing DDs

However, I have a total of 8 different DDs listed on my account all with the same reference number (NI Number). For a period of 5 months last year a new DD was set up on my account and duly paid despite me cancelling them off and informing the CSA of my change in circumstance.

Now, I have a complaint being throroughly ignored by the CSA and have had one of the incorrectly paid DDs refunded (eventually) under the Indemnity Scheme. This let to a whole other load of trouble which Natwest could not explain but did offer £100 compensation.

I have also noticed that DDs keep appearing as 'REINSTATED' but it wasnt me that asked for this.

So, just who is to be held to account over all these Direct Debits? At the moment I have now lodged a formal complaint with the Bank with a threat to reclaim all the incorrect DDs and the fees incurred through the Small Claims Court. Still waiting for a written response from them on this so I thought it would be an idea to see if you good people can suggest any other courses of action. THis has been going on for over a year now and my patience and tolerance is running out rapidly.

Been lurking here for a while but only posted a couple of times so far. Anyway, ive got an ongoing issue with Natwest and the CSA/CMEC with regard to Direct Debits.

The short version of the story is that I have only ever provided 2 signed Direct Debit Mandates to the CSA. I have also confirmed with them that they process all DDs on paper and have no electronic means of setting up or changing DDs

However, I have a total of 8 different DDs listed on my account all with the same reference number (NI Number). For a period of 5 months last year a new DD was set up on my account and duly paid despite me cancelling them off and informing the CSA of my change in circumstance.

Now, I have a complaint being throroughly ignored by the CSA and have had one of the incorrectly paid DDs refunded (eventually) under the Indemnity Scheme. This let to a whole other load of trouble which Natwest could not explain but did offer £100 compensation.

I have also noticed that DDs keep appearing as 'REINSTATED' but it wasnt me that asked for this.

So, just who is to be held to account over all these Direct Debits?

CSA re instated them through AUDDIS which is the way they set up Direct Debits

At the moment I have now lodged a formal complaint with the Bank with a threat to reclaim all the incorrect DDs and the fees incurred through the Small Claims Court. Still waiting for a written response from them on this so I thought it would be an idea to see if you good people can suggest any other courses of action. THis has been going on for over a year now and my patience and tolerance is running out rapidly.

The bank have either paid or return unpaid items that have been claimed by the CSA. The bank would not reinstate a cancelled DD where the bank is not the beneficiary.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

CSA re instated them through AUDDIS which is the way they set up Direct Debits

Funny you should mention that because the CSA are adamant that they have neither the facilities nor the power (or possibly even the knowledge?) to be able to do this.

Would be interested to know a bit more about this system becasue somebody is going to have some very awkward questions to answer, just dont know whether it will be Natwest or the CSA.

Funny you should mention that because the CSA are adamant that they have neither the facilities nor the power (or possibly even the knowledge?) to be able to do this.

Would be interested to know a bit more about this system becasue somebody is going to have some very awkward questions to answer, just dont know whether it will be Natwest or the CSA.

What you can do is ask natwest to look on a system called back office at the Direct debit payments and when the CSA re instated them.

If CSA are saying that they did not reinstate them then you are really talking to an idiot there. The bank does not reinstate Direct Debits UNLESS: it is to themselves or that you have asked it to be reinstated. The bank do not request payments which the CSA certainly do.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

The Bank to keep stressing that they have no control ove the Direct Debit system and that they just process them. Still, Natwest have been far from helpful so the fact they have been letting DDs be reinstated or new ones set up without authorization still leaves them open to charges of negligence.

I fully intend to keep harassing Natwest until they give me enough rope to either hang them or hang the CSA. Either way, somebody is being naughty and they will be getting a spanking.

The Bank to keep stressing that they have no control ove the Direct Debit system and that they just process them. Still, Natwest have been far from helpful so the fact they have been letting DDs be reinstated or new ones set up without authorization still leaves them open to charges of negligence.

That is utter nonsense unless you have an individual monitoring every single account where a DD is set up. There simply is not the manpower to do this. I have advised you that the bank CAN provide you with information about every single Direct Debit to the CSA specifically about when the DD was set up.

The bank can use a system called back office. The codes are 04/29/01 they they need to go into the details of the payments on the Direct debit and they can print it out for you. Depending on the number of Direct Debits set up it can take a maximum of 30 seconds. You can either take the advice or ignore it, your choice.

I fully intend to keep harassing Natwest until they give me enough rope to either hang them or hang the CSA. Either way, somebody is being naughty and they will be getting a spanking.

See the above advice and I think it will take you 1 day to resolve one aspect of this. With regards to when the payment requests have been received, as far as I am aware they go through the BACS system so count back 2 working days prior to their attempts to get the money to find out when the money was requested from the bank(this bit is for the CSA). That should clear up the confusion and make sure you keep an eye on the reference numbers(in case of error when the DD was set up by the CSA)