You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• look up on land registry who owns the property then get in contact with your local environmental heath dept.   dx  
    • Hello all,   I have recently moved into a new property. The bedroom window is facing a bunch of commercial crates which have trash on top of them. The trash is maybe two metres away from the window, making it impossible for the window to be open (I am also afraid of rats being there).   The other windows of the property are facing a communal, enclosed area, which is making it difficult for the property to be properly ventilated. I have already raised this issue with my estate agency and they are trying do to something about it (to be honest, if I leave everything to them, this issue won't be solved until my tenancy is finished, and that is more than one year away).   I am asking for advice, or how could I approach this issue.   I have spoken to my council and, since they do not deal in private property, there is nothing they can do, at least this is what they have told me.   The property with the trash is not owned by my landlord. It is an open space, with big crates, closed off by a fence. If I could, I would climb those crates and remove the trash myself but I cannot. I also cannot climb out the window to reach the trash, as the window is too small.   At times, I see a car in that property but I have never seen the driver. I left a note in the car's window explaining the issue and giving my number. This was around a week ago and nobody came back to me.   
    • Hi   First off ALL Tenants need to re report all the different repairs again via their repairs procedure. Yes its good to get a list of all properties repairs with photo/video evidence signed by all property tenants but you all need to fight this individually as well as a group.   Next you all need to look up your rights on Repair i.e. The Right to Repair Scheme and also their Complaints Procedure.   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/133/made   https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/right_to_repair_for_council_tenants   All Tenants need to take control back with these repair and ask in writing titling any letter 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' and stating the repair and why it hasn't been carried out to date and an exact date when it will be completed.   You also require clarification whether these Repairs come under the Right to Repair Scheme and if so why we were never informed of this. (delete or amend)   You also require copies of the following:   Right to Repair Scheme Policy (Not the Leaflet Repair and Maintenance Policy (Not the Leaflet) Solar Panel Policy (Not the Leaflet) Complaints Policy (Not the Leaflet) Equality & Diversity Policy (Not the Leaflet) When you get the above policies you need to take your time reading them and just think to yourself 'DID THEY DO THAT' in relation to your issue and if not mark it this way you build a list of what they haven't done/followed as per there own Policies and use it against them.   They will have time limits to complete repairs within for Emergency, Urgent, Routine repairs and if they exceed that time limit and need to extend it remember it is with you the tenants agreement not them telling you and tough you can wait.   (bear in mind any repairs during COVID-19 the time limits are now different and most routine repairs are stopped)  
    • I was on UC in late March, and recently received some quite non-committal message that the commitments would be returning, but no indication when.     If I remember correctly the expectation was that we could find at least one job per day to which to apply, or some such nonsense.   Given that the government can only guess how many workplaces will be safe :  1) to commute to/from at the time of job application; 2) to work in at the time of job application;    3) to commute to/from at the date of starting a job ; 4) to work in at the date of starting a job,  5) to commute to/from at the date permanent WFH is dropped; 6) to work in at the date permanent WFH is dropped,    and given that we have lost 20% of our economy, I fail to see how they can both reasonably and immediately mandate any minimum figure of jobs we must apply for whilst this virus just killed over 135 people in the UK (stats released today).  That is only down from 155 last week, and about 175 a fortnight back.   At this rate it will be another 7 weeks MINIMUM before the mortality rate is zero - if it ever reaches zero before the inevitable second wave.  
    • who has sent this 'letter of claim' come from and doe sit mention the pre action protocol and include a separate response pack? 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Angry and Distressed

Direct Debit Issues

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3993 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Been lurking here for a while but only posted a couple of times so far. Anyway, ive got an ongoing issue with Natwest and the CSA/CMEC with regard to Direct Debits.

The short version of the story is that I have only ever provided 2 signed Direct Debit Mandates to the CSA. I have also confirmed with them that they process all DDs on paper and have no electronic means of setting up or changing DDs

However, I have a total of 8 different DDs listed on my account all with the same reference number (NI Number). For a period of 5 months last year a new DD was set up on my account and duly paid despite me cancelling them off and informing the CSA of my change in circumstance.

Now, I have a complaint being throroughly ignored by the CSA and have had one of the incorrectly paid DDs refunded (eventually) under the Indemnity Scheme. This let to a whole other load of trouble which Natwest could not explain but did offer £100 compensation.

I have also noticed that DDs keep appearing as 'REINSTATED' but it wasnt me that asked for this.

So, just who is to be held to account over all these Direct Debits? At the moment I have now lodged a formal complaint with the Bank with a threat to reclaim all the incorrect DDs and the fees incurred through the Small Claims Court. Still waiting for a written response from them on this so I thought it would be an idea to see if you good people can suggest any other courses of action. THis has been going on for over a year now and my patience and tolerance is running out rapidly.

Been lurking here for a while but only posted a couple of times so far. Anyway, ive got an ongoing issue with Natwest and the CSA/CMEC with regard to Direct Debits.

The short version of the story is that I have only ever provided 2 signed Direct Debit Mandates to the CSA. I have also confirmed with them that they process all DDs on paper and have no electronic means of setting up or changing DDs

However, I have a total of 8 different DDs listed on my account all with the same reference number (NI Number). For a period of 5 months last year a new DD was set up on my account and duly paid despite me cancelling them off and informing the CSA of my change in circumstance.

Now, I have a complaint being throroughly ignored by the CSA and have had one of the incorrectly paid DDs refunded (eventually) under the Indemnity Scheme. This let to a whole other load of trouble which Natwest could not explain but did offer £100 compensation.

I have also noticed that DDs keep appearing as 'REINSTATED' but it wasnt me that asked for this.

So, just who is to be held to account over all these Direct Debits?

CSA re instated them through AUDDIS which is the way they set up Direct Debits

At the moment I have now lodged a formal complaint with the Bank with a threat to reclaim all the incorrect DDs and the fees incurred through the Small Claims Court. Still waiting for a written response from them on this so I thought it would be an idea to see if you good people can suggest any other courses of action. THis has been going on for over a year now and my patience and tolerance is running out rapidly.

The bank have either paid or return unpaid items that have been claimed by the CSA. The bank would not reinstate a cancelled DD where the bank is not the beneficiary.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

CSA re instated them through AUDDIS which is the way they set up Direct Debits

Funny you should mention that because the CSA are adamant that they have neither the facilities nor the power (or possibly even the knowledge?) to be able to do this.

Would be interested to know a bit more about this system becasue somebody is going to have some very awkward questions to answer, just dont know whether it will be Natwest or the CSA.

Funny you should mention that because the CSA are adamant that they have neither the facilities nor the power (or possibly even the knowledge?) to be able to do this.

Would be interested to know a bit more about this system becasue somebody is going to have some very awkward questions to answer, just dont know whether it will be Natwest or the CSA.

What you can do is ask natwest to look on a system called back office at the Direct debit payments and when the CSA re instated them.

If CSA are saying that they did not reinstate them then you are really talking to an idiot there. The bank does not reinstate Direct Debits UNLESS: it is to themselves or that you have asked it to be reinstated. The bank do not request payments which the CSA certainly do.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

The Bank to keep stressing that they have no control ove the Direct Debit system and that they just process them. Still, Natwest have been far from helpful so the fact they have been letting DDs be reinstated or new ones set up without authorization still leaves them open to charges of negligence.

I fully intend to keep harassing Natwest until they give me enough rope to either hang them or hang the CSA. Either way, somebody is being naughty and they will be getting a spanking.

The Bank to keep stressing that they have no control ove the Direct Debit system and that they just process them. Still, Natwest have been far from helpful so the fact they have been letting DDs be reinstated or new ones set up without authorization still leaves them open to charges of negligence.

That is utter nonsense unless you have an individual monitoring every single account where a DD is set up. There simply is not the manpower to do this. I have advised you that the bank CAN provide you with information about every single Direct Debit to the CSA specifically about when the DD was set up.

The bank can use a system called back office. The codes are 04/29/01 they they need to go into the details of the payments on the Direct debit and they can print it out for you. Depending on the number of Direct Debits set up it can take a maximum of 30 seconds. You can either take the advice or ignore it, your choice.

I fully intend to keep harassing Natwest until they give me enough rope to either hang them or hang the CSA. Either way, somebody is being naughty and they will be getting a spanking.

See the above advice and I think it will take you 1 day to resolve one aspect of this. With regards to when the payment requests have been received, as far as I am aware they go through the BACS system so count back 2 working days prior to their attempts to get the money to find out when the money was requested from the bank(this bit is for the CSA). That should clear up the confusion and make sure you keep an eye on the reference numbers(in case of error when the DD was set up by the CSA)